Rate the last movie you watched

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did not like Ad Astra at all. It was boring as fuck. Hearing the voice inside Brad Pitts head all movie didn’t work IMO. Then somewhere around the half way point, when answering a distress call, you find out this ship crew was killed by mutated monkeys. I was done after that.

see >>>>#4,154 and #4,160

Hope u didn't spend anything above $8

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Did not like Ad Astra at all. It was boring as fuck. Hearing the voice inside Brad Pitts head all movie didn’t work IMO. Then somewhere around the half way point, when answering a distress call, you find out this ship crew was killed by mutated monkeys. I was done after that.

I feel like you watch every movie lol. You ever thought of doing YouTube video reviews?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
El Camino the breaking bad movie is release on Netflix going to watch it tonight if I’m not tired after work

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gemini Man.......6.5 / 10

The action is decent, The plot is kinda' meh. Hopefully u guys know the premise of the movie, Possible spoiler below.
I would not pay full-price for this.

"rather than using the DNA of Will Smith, I think it would've been better to just go with an original protagonist. I just didn't see the Will Smith DNA copy-cat plot as an effective, authentic plot device,"Leave your thoughts

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
".....Didn't joker make believe he was having a relation with that woman?"

Yes hence my reference to his being an incell.

Pretty obvious it was not real as no one fucking homegirl would be that angry and depressed.

Yeah...that other stuff made me have to re-think different parts of the movie ?

In the original comic book story the Joker tells you that you cant trust his narrative so it is left open as to whether any of it is true. Similar to Usual Suspects in that regard.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes hence my reference to his being an incell.

Pretty obvious it was not real as no one fucking homegirl would be that angry and depressed.

In the original comic book story the Joker tells you that you cant trust his narrative so it is left open as to whether any of it is true. Similar to Usual Suspects in that regard.

Yeah.....Briggs is GOAT reconfirmed what I was wondering. Unlike "Usual Suspects"....."Joker" wasn't as clear about what I mentioned in the spoiler.

As for your " homegirl " comment.....trust me, I know where you're coming from....but that's what I see the media pushing & promoting.....a lot these days.

In the original comic book story the Joker tells you that you cant trust his narrative

Thanks.....I gotta look this up....it's been sooo many years since I read the comic book....lol, I'm talking childhood.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah.....Briggs is GOAT reconfirmed what I was wondering. Unlike "Usual Suspects"....."Joker" wasn't as clear about what I mentioned in the spoiler.

Towards the end, he goes to her apartment and sits on couch and it is clear that she barely knows him. Then they replay scenes between those 2 and she disappears to make it clear he had imagined all those interactions earlier in movie.

Only question was whether he knew it or whether like his mom, he had started to believe his own delusions.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Towards the end, he goes to her apartment and sits on couch and it is clear that she barely knows him. Then they replay scenes between those 2 and she disappears to make it clear he had imagined all those interactions earlier in movie.

Only question was whether he knew it or whether like his mom, he had started to believe his own delusions.

Exactly. That and the earlier scene with the same woman had me saying " wait a minute".o_O

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I feel like you watch every movie lol. You ever thought of doing YouTube video reviews?

At one point I did. I just never thought I’d be any good at it so never gave it a try. Movies have always been a passion for me for whatever reason. By the time I was 8 or 9 I had learned how to type on a keyboard without looking at it just from always constantly looking up movie news and reviews lol

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
see >>>>#4,154 and #4,160

Hope u didn't spend anything above $8

Luckily only $5. Funny thing is I was in the back row and almost everyone in that row had fallen asleep. I can’t recall another time that I’ve been to the movies and have heard that much snoring.

LOL....I'm jealous. I paid $6. I took a shot with Ad Astra bcuz 1) I like sci-fi and space movies 2) I thought Brad Pitt's & Tommie Lee's acting would be enuff . Man.....I was wrong on all counts.

The only thing that kept me from completely dozing off was the hope that it would pick up...........but it never happened :( (I thought about walking out and getting a refund). What I heard some ppl. saying, as they left.....was how depressing it was and I agree.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

At one point I did. I just never thought I’d be any good at it so never gave it a try. Movies have always been a passion for me for whatever reason. By the time I was 8 or 9 I had learned how to type on a keyboard without looking at it just from always constantly looking up movie news and reviews lol

Interesting .....family members have said the same to me. Maybe one could get away with YouTube video reviews, but if this were a job, I'd hate having to sit through movies that didn't interest me. For example, Jexi , Pain and Glory (subtitles), Downton Abbey, Judy.......just to name a few. There's no way I'd see these alone.

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Interesting .....family members have same to me. Maybe one could get away with YouTube video reviews, but if this were a job, I'd hate having to sit through movies that didn't interest me. For example, Jexi , Pain and Glory (subtitles), Downton Abbey, Judy.......just to name a few. There's no way I'd see these alone.

Yeah I wouldn't want to be sitting through some of those either. I will say that there are some movies I've seen over the years that I originally had no interest in, but my girl wanted to see them so I took her and ended up really liking. Crazy Rich Asians is an example from last year. What's nice, if you do YouTube movie reviews for a living, you can choose what you go see and review for the most part.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah I wouldn't want to be sitting through some of those either. I will say that there are some movies I've seen over the years that I originally had no interest in, but my girl wanted to see them so I took her and ended up really liking. Crazy Rich Asians is an example from last year.

What's nice, if you do YouTube movie reviews for a living, you can choose what you go see and review for the most part.

yep YouTube v.s. being forced by a job......that's my point exactly.

I went with a GF and saw Titanic and liked it. The acting was decent. But..Never woulda' saw Titanic alone.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just saw Fractured and In the Shadow of The Moon on Netflix. Both decent, nothing spectacular although I enjoyed the latter more than the former.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
watched The Longest Week on Amazon Prime. It was a pretty decent movie for a chic flic. If you enjoy the visuals and the soundtrack of Midnight in Paris, you might enjoy this movie. I enjoyed it. I watched it after the Bears game, so it was a low bar for me to enjoy anything at that point