Rate the last movie you watched

RoseMVP1

At about 1 am I decided to go on and get some tickets for arise of Skywalker and every showing currently available, outside of some neck breakers for 3D showings, was sold out. Ticket sales nearly doubled Endgame’s in the first hour.

BEARZOMBIE

I didn’t think of checking that. So I checked a few of the popular places by me that have reserved seating and not one ticket sold as of 5am Michigan time!

airtime143

Finally went to see Joker.
Phoenix played the part quite well.

As a stand alone movie for the time frame it covers, I would say 8 of 10 with phoenix playing his part at 9 of 10.

I had a weird issue with it though. Everything within the movie hangs together well. From start to finish it all worked.
....but I cannot separate The Joker from Batman, even though he didnt appear.

With that frame of reference, knowing he is to become Batmans arch rival, this iteration of the joker is not worthy.
The joker as a villain is widly crafty and brilliant with a knack for knowing how Batman thinks.
This joker showed no brilliance or craftiness. Not even a homicidal streak. Hell, he wasn't even much of a lunatic. He was just a sad person with bad luck, rough history, and mental problems- but no indication of craftiness or even homicidal rage beyond momentary crimes of passion.
His killings were lucky crimes of passion with little foresight and zero intricate planning. They were just a result of having a gun handy.

Loved the movie, loved the character, but were this joker to face off with batman, it would be over in seconds.
A great standalone movie but his character would have to get infinitely meaner, crazier, and smarter to rise to the supervillain level.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Couple things. End scene where he kills therapist seems to be a time skip as Joker is older.

There is speculation Phoenix is a Joker but not the Joker that Batman faces. Instead he is a pro-Joker that will inspire the eventual Joker that Batman will face.

Briggs is GOAT

At about 1 am I decided to go on and get some tickets for arise of Skywalker and every showing currently available, outside of some neck breakers for 3D showings, was sold out. Ticket sales nearly doubled Endgame’s in the first hour.
Any chance of breaking Endgame's record??

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Couple things. End scene where he kills therapist seems to be a time skip as Joker is older.

There is speculation Phoenix is a Joker but not the Joker that Batman faces. Instead he is a pro-Joker that will inspire the eventual Joker that Batman will face.
Was it predictable he would kill the therapist, lol. Some shows those type of twists are obvious as fuck.

RoseMVP1

Any chance of breaking Endgame's record??
Anythings possible, but I highly doubt it. I think it has a strong chance of passing Infinity War $257,000,000 for 2nd. I just don't see this cracking 300million. A couple of things that aren't mentioned is that when Endgame came out, many of the big movie chain websites crashed because of all the traffic, which effected it's "first hour sales." If I had to guess, I'd say it opens between $250,000,000-$280,000,000

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Anythings possible, but I highly doubt it. I think it has a strong chance of passing Infinity War $257,000,000 for 2nd. I just don't see this cracking 300million. A couple of things that aren't mentioned is that when Endgame came out, many of the big movie chain websites crashed because of all the traffic, which effected it's "first hour sales." If I had to guess, I'd say it opens between $250,000,000-$280,000,000
@Warden of the Northeast