Rate the last movie you watched

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Saw - Terminator: Dark Fate ....... The acting was average at best. The dialogue was kinda stupid in places (a fair sprinkling profanity used for no reason). The action was good in places. The story line was a break from the original Terminator story. I'll give more thoughts later. If you've seen Terminator: Dark Fate give your thoughts.
My Rating 6.0/ 10

I pretty much completely agree with this. As an action movie, it's not that bad. As a Terminator movie, it sucks.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
All is lost
Not bad for a movie with barely any dialogue and just 1 actor. Redford did a real good job.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I saw Dr. Sleep in IMAX. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s a weird amalgamation of Kubrick’s take on The Shining and King’s follow up novel. They completely changed the final third of the book to make it mesh with Kubrick’s movie.

Rebecca Ferguson is excellent as Rose the Hat. She’s absolutely vile but she’s so damn pretty that it’s hard not to like her.

If you like King and Kubrick’s Shining, you have to see Dr. Sleep.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
moremedia_0.jpg

8/10

I turned this on for two reasons.

1.) I had completely forgotten all about The Amazing Jonathan until I saw it on the Hulu menu. If you don't know who he is, you should go try to find his old bits on YouTube. That whole magic/comedy act that Penn & Teller made famous, but The Amazing Jonathan made awesome.

2.) I thought it would put me to sleep because I really needed to sleep.

Instead I watched the whole thing and lost more sleep. I don't know how to review it without ruining it, so all I will say is it makes a much better movie than a documentary. If that sentence made any sense to you...this may be something you will enjoy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw Last Christmas about a week ago. It was alright. The first half was kind of bad, but I felt the second half actually got pretty decent. I could really see Henry Golding becoming a "household" name. He just has that it factory on screen.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Saw Black & Blue. Good acting. Good plot. Interesting look at corrupt cops. 8/10. Has some elements of Triple 9 and
Training Day.

I'd go to 8.9 if it weren't for the language & rap music language

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to see Ford vs Ferrari. It looks good. Anyone of yall seen it yet?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Joker 2 is officially happening it looks like. I would have been alright if they didn't do another, but I am excited to see where they go. I absolutely loved Joker.

Todd Philips took a back end deal on the first movie instead of getting paid up front and will reportedly make about 100 million from the movie ? that's insane.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I want to see Ford vs Ferrari. It looks good. Anyone of yall seen it yet?

I saw it and thought it was fantastic. It’s an interesting story that I wasn’t familiar with at all. The movie is briskly paced and the cast is excellent. Tracy Letts as Henry Ford II is particularly good.

Also, the action portions of the film are not cluttered with CGI bullshit effects and I thought they really captured the feel of racing and the exhilaration of pure speed.

It reminded me a bit of The Right Stuff and it’s the kind of movie that if it had been made in the 70s would have starred guys like McQueen, Redford, Newman and Reynolds.

Highly recommended...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Saw The Good Liar.......and its a good movie. The chemistry between Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen, really works.
Good acting and good storyline. 7.5 / 10
-------------------

Seeing 21 bridges this weekend. I'm expecting some good acting from Chadwick Boseman

If someone sees A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD , let us know if it's worth it.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Joker 2 is officially happening it looks like. I would have been alright if they didn't do another, but I am excited to see where they go. I absolutely loved Joker.

Todd Philips took a back end deal on the first movie instead of getting paid up front and will reportedly make about 100 million from the movie ? that's insane.
If I made 100 million dollars I wouldn't give a fck about anything tbh.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok.....21 bridges is a must see. 8.5/10. Good plot, good acting and action. Makes ya question.....Are drug dealers really the
"bad guys"

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok.....21 bridges is a must see. 8.5/10. Good plot, good acting and action. Makes ya question.....Are drug dealers really the
"bad guys"
good to hear. Was planning on watching it tomorrow. Also looks like Sienna Miller is in it. I don't think I've seen any of her movies since Layer Cake and Alfie. She was good in both though.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
good to hear. Was planning on watching it tomorrow. Also looks like Sienna Miller is in it. I don't think I've seen any of her movies since Layer Cake and Alfie. She was good in both though.

Sienna Miller plays an interesting role. I don't wanna spoil it for ya. See her and tell me what ya think or you can read about her character in the movie. Never saw Layer Cake and Alfie

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Charlie’s Angels is bad. Stay away. I thought it looked bad from the trailers and I was surprised when the reviews started coming out and were generally positive. Now I’m even more surprised at the positive response it got.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood is a good movie. I won’t say it’s great, but Tom Hanks sure is amazing.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sienna Miller plays an interesting role. I don't wanna spoil it for ya. See her and tell me what ya think or you can read about her character in the movie. Never saw Layer Cake and Alfie
lol...no. It's 2 different movies. One is called Layer Cake and the other is Alfie. But yea, I'm definitely checking out that movie today

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
lol...no. It's 2 different movies. One is called Layer Cake and the other is Alfie. But yea, I'm definitely checking out that movie today
:LOL:.....I figured they were 2 movies. Let me know what ya think about 21 Bridges and Sienna Miller's performance.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Charlie’s Angels is bad. Stay away. I thought it looked bad from the trailers and I was surprised when the reviews started coming out and were generally positive. Now I’m even more surprised at the positive response it got.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood is a good movie. I won’t say it’s great, but Tom Hanks sure is amazing.

This is what I mean about recycling old stuff. Charlie’s Angels was a average TV series. Why they thought a movie would work is beyond me. Just seeing the trailers told me the acting was lame and goofy. I'll check the trailers for Beautiful Day