Tenet
Eternals
No Time to Die
Morbius
Venom 2
Dune
The Many Saints of Newark

Black widow?

I read the dune books years ago. I feel like that one probably would have been better as a show

venom 2 should be dope I liked the first one

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Midsommer
I had high expectations for this due to Hereditary, but it was too long and kinda sucked.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Black widow?

I read the dune books years ago. I feel like that one probably would have been better as a show

venom 2 should be dope I liked the first one

I don't have much interest in Black Widow. I love the MCU and will probably see it opening night, but after Endgame this just isn't one I'm really looking forward to. I feel like her story has been told and it's not really necessary. I think I may have been more interested in it if it was a prequel exploring how she became what she is instead of something set between Civil War and Infinity War.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I really hope Morbius doesn't suck.

I'm a huge Spider-Man fan so anything Spider-Man related gets me excited. My expectations for this one are pretty low. I do like the Jared Leto casting. I was not a fan of his Joker but I think this is a role that could suit him well. I still find it bizarre that we're getting a solo Morbius movie. If you would have told me 5 years ago we were going to get a solo Morbius movie I would have said you're crazy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Midsommer
I had high expectations for this due to Hereditary, but it was too long and kinda sucked.

I felt the same way. That sex scene towards the end may be the most bizarre thing I've seen in a movie. I hope his next film turns out great.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Any of you know anything about a possible Tremmors series with Kevin Bacon?
That was such a fun movie, and i heard something about a series, but don't know.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is what kills me about movies in general, and especially now the Marvel movies:

“I don’t have much interest....I will probably see it opening night”.

“My expectations are pretty low...”, but will pay to see it.

That sums up how a lot of people approach movies.

Star Wars fans can discuss how they have heard bad things about one of the installments, but couldn’t bear to not spend their money on it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Joker leads the nominations for the 92nd Academy Awards, which were unveiled Monday morning.
The film earned a total of 11 nominations — the most of any comic book-based movie ever — including best picture, best actor for Joaquin Phoenix, best directing for Todd Phillips and best adapted screenplay for Phillips and Scott Silver.

Best actor for Joaquin Phoenix.....I knew he'd be nominated. Not saying it was the greatest performance ever, but ppl. who play "mentally disturbed roles" seem to get nominated. Like Jack Nicholson , Robert De Niro, Al Pacino,Anthony Hopkins

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is what kills me about movies in general, and especially now the Marvel movies:

Star Wars fans can discuss how they have heard bad things about one of the installments, but couldn’t bear to not spend their money on it.

Here's the thing ....if ppl. have been following a movie series like Star Wars they're gonna check it out. Just like if there's a
series about the life of....lets say you.....TL1961, Ppl. are gonna want to see the new installment, if they've been following u from the beginning.☺

But I get your point about "heard bad things". I've always followed "Terminator", but I checked out the previews for the last one and decided not to pay for it ( I saw it free). I'm glad I did.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Joker leads the nominations for the 92nd Academy Awards, which were unveiled Monday morning.
The film earned a total of 11 nominations — the most of any comic book-based movie ever — including best picture, best actor for Joaquin Phoenix, best directing for Todd Phillips and best adapted screenplay for Phillips and Scott Silver.

Best actor for Joaquin Phoenix.....I knew he'd be nominated. Not saying it was the greatest performance ever, but ppl. who play "mentally disturbed roles" seem to get nominated. Like Jack Nicholson , Robert De Niro, Al Pacino,Anthony Hopkins
Cliff Robertson, Dustin Hoffman....

Mentally handicapped or alcoholic. Both are a sure nomination.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I don't like to be spoiled so most of the time on anything so I tend to go either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday when a movie opens. Even for things I'm not overly excited for. I am lucky though as ticket prices for me are lower than the national average so I'm not paying as much as a lot of people are.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Watched Patriots day, it was just ok.

Watched Baywatch and found it to be campy and funny.

Both were free on xfinity on demand.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't like to be spoiled so most of the time on anything so I tend to go either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday when a movie opens. Even for things I'm not overly excited for. I am lucky though as ticket prices for me are lower than the national average so I'm not paying as much as a lot of people are.

How low?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Around me the hood theaters are beyond reasonable 5.99 but I’m not going there to save money lol. Cheapest around me is 12.99. Some movies earlier times are 8.99 but never for the hyped up movies

I gotcha. My experience is $5 discount Tues. But seriously..... I don't want ya 2 risk yo life for a reduced rate . ? ?

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I did see Bad Boys For Life on Saturday and I have to say it was pretty solid. It does have some corny shit in it, but I think that’s to be expected with a movie like this. I thought the comedy worked well. It’s definitely a much more coherent film than the other two. its a fun action movie.

i will say the very end and what was set up is whack considering what happened in the movie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I did see Bad Boys For Life on Saturday and I have to say it was pretty solid. It does have some corny shit in it, but I think that’s to be expected with a movie like this. I thought the comedy worked well. It’s definitely a much more coherent film than the other two. its a fun action movie.

i will say the very end and what was set up is whack considering what happened in the movie.

I might check it out.....I heard there was a lotta misplaced, unnecessary profanity in Bad Boys For Life . I'm thinking about seeing Just Mercy