Rate the last movie you watched

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Did you guys ever watch Slingblade?
Good fucking movie. I watched it like 3 times and it's good everytime.
Just wanted to share, mmhmm.

Houston

Liked Posts:
Just watched Cop Car from the same guy who wrote and directed Spider-Man: Homecoming.

It was pretty dang good.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just saw end game

Kill me but I think infinity war was better. About a hour of this new movie was good

And a message to execs of this movie it’s a movie for kids. You bitch asses put out a 3 hour movie for kids with no intermission. Yes I went with kids and missed parts cause of this. So fuck you whoever is in charge. Normal humans fucking pee

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I did a fast before Endgame for that very reason of length of film. I also saw an 830 AM movie so stopping around 6 PM the night before was not a big deal.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Saw The Intruder 6/10. Dennis Quaid is really good in this thriller.

I gave it a six cuz, overall the acting was above avg. I'd go higher but it's one of your typical " formula thrillers".

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Did you guys ever watch Slingblade?
Good fucking movie. I watched it like 3 times and it's good everytime.
Just wanted to share, mmhmm.

The late JT Walsh was damn good in that. He was a great character actor.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Long Shot was a good comedy. Predictable, but hilarious in certain stretches. It's something I'd recommend.

The only good thing I can say about The Hustle is that Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson have good chemistry. Other than that it's pretty horrible. Last I looked it was at a 9% on Rotten Tomatoes which is fitting. Just going off the top of my head, of all the actors/actresses who consistently get big roles in movies, Rebel Wilson may be the worst.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Long Shot was a good comedy. Predictable, but hilarious in certain stretches. It's something I'd recommend.

The only good thing I can say about The Hustle is that Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson have good chemistry. Other than that it's pretty horrible. Last I looked it was at a 9% on Rotten Tomatoes which is fitting. Just going off the top of my head, of all the actors/actresses who consistently get big roles in movies, Rebel Wilson may be the worst.

I thought about seeing Long Shot. I looked at the trailer and was kinda' meh about it. Rotten Tomatoes (Critic Reviews)
were not kind to it.

Comedies are risky.....if they aren't funny your stuck, ( i.e. The Hustle) unless ya' walk out.

I'm not a big seth rogen fan ( he seems cheesy, didn't like him in Green Hornet). Liked Charlize Theron until I found out dresses her six-year-old adopted son in a dress ?

But thanks for the reviews. I do recommend The Intruder as a thriller #4,005

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Just saw the HUSTLE trailer......Anne Hathaway is kinda' hot. I might catch this on a matinee?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Saw the HUSTLE . Not great, not bad. It a sorta' "hustle the hustler" type plot. Some of the Sting (movie) elements are at play here. The Sting was a old con movie with Robert Redford & Paul Newman.
There was a lotta' opportunity for HUSTLE to be a lot less simplistic.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I thought about seeing Long Shot. I looked at the trailer and was kinda' meh about it. Rotten Tomatoes (Critic Reviews)
were not kind to it.

Comedies are risky.....if they aren't funny your stuck, ( i.e. The Hustle) unless ya' walk out.

I'm not a big seth rogen fan ( he seems cheesy, didn't like him in Green Hornet). Liked Charlize Theron until I found out dresses her six-year-old adopted son in a dress ?

But thanks for the reviews. I do recommend The Intruder as a thriller #4,005

I don’t think you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. Long Shot has an 81% rating which is pretty damn good. Your recommendation The Intruder is ranked at 28% which means the critics despise it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t think you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. Long Shot has an 81% rating which is pretty damn good. Your recommendation The Intruder is ranked at 28% which means the critics despise it.
The critics actually rate Longshot much higher than the audience, which is weird. I assume anyone paying money to see a Seth Rogen movie is not a discerning moviegoer, and thus would rate crap higher than most of us would.
Then again, maybe Seth Rogen was less Seth Rogen-like, which would turn off his fans, and would be welcomed by critics.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't go by "ratings & rankings". I typically look at the previews and the actors.
Rotten Tomatoes (Critic Reviews) read what the critics say about
Long Shot. Here's my thought on The Intruder . >>>>#4,005

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Stan and Ollie" 4/5 stars. Very sweet film and the acting of Coogan and Reilly was flawless.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Caught the Avengers finale over the weekend.

Thought it was good. Did a great job of pulling emotions from the audience. Felt like there was a lot of filler at times, but overall a solid movie.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I watched expendables 2 and 3 this weekend. Had seen them before, but it was still fun.
They were exactly what I wanted to see as a 12 year old who loved all the actors in the movies. Over the top ridiculous action.

Van Damme is in unbelievable shape for his age.
My only real complaint was Terry Crews having such a small part in 3. He cracks me up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I just looked online at prices for a late movie ( after 6pm). And after "service charges" the was $14. Is this normal?

Houston

Liked Posts:
The 3rd John Wick is fantastic.

It's maybe even more better than the 2nd that the 2nd was the 1st.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The 3rd John Wick is fantastic.

It's maybe even more better than the 2nd that the 2nd was the 1st.

I’ve heard this from multiple people as well

I hope I get to see it this weekend