Rate the last movie you watched

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I finally watched the Mummy reboot from 2017. The only good thing about the movie was seeing the chick who plays the mummy naked at the beginning. Such a bad movie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I finally watched the Mummy reboot from 2017. The only good thing about the movie was seeing the chick who plays the mummy naked at the beginning. Such a bad movie.

I think her name is Sofia Boutella ( the Mummy reboot had a better horror factor than all the Brandan Fraser Mummy movies IMO.)
But yeah, the rebot was weak. I liked the pre- Brandan Fraser the Mummy movies.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw "The Package" on Netflix with the wife. Silly ass movie, but I was so stoned I had multiple laugh out loud movies. A silly, dumb movie but I laughed.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The performances are awesome. The movie is more about a time and place and is in no rush to get to that fateful night in August of 1969. If you’re a Tarantino faithful, I think you’ll enjoy it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Xmen First Class 7/10

Pretty interesting and entertaining, with good special effects and a good pace. Unfortunately the characters are fairly underdeveloped for any film, and compared to the better films of this series.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The performances are awesome. The movie is more about a time and place and is in no rush to get to that fateful night in August of 1969. If you’re a Tarantino faithful, I think you’ll enjoy it.
Even if you're not a Tarantino fan, it's still really good. It's a satisfying movie.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Most movies by Netflix have great marketing schemes to get you to watch and the movie ends up meh af. This one looks to be a winner I hope it doesn’t end up like their other crap

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
The Sisters Brothers
was pretty good. Good cast, good acting, good story.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I really liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and I’m not a Tarantino fan. Everyone was great. IMO Brad Pitt had the best performance by a supporting actor this year.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Most movies by Netflix have great marketing schemes to get you to watch and the movie ends up meh af. This one looks to be a winner I hope it doesn’t end up like their other crap

I think this is a prestige play by Netflix. There’s no way they make they’re money back on this movie assuming the reported 200 million budget is true. I think they want to change the perception that Netflix movies are mainly shit. I hope it’s good. I’m ready for a good mob movie.

Reactions: DC

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I really liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and I’m not a Tarantino fan. Everyone was great. IMO Brad Pitt had the best performance by a supporting actor this year.

I liked the
"Sharon Tate" twist. What did u think of the"Sharon Tate" twist ? Did u catch how the movie handled her fate in the end?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Saw the following movies:

"Art of Self-Defense". It exceeded my expectations. 7.7 / 10
Midsommar Some of the scenes border on a X rating- 6/10. See it.
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw ....good action, mediocre dialogue.
Elba was good .....5.8/10

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was fantastic.
Was it though? I like Tarantino ok. He's a good story teller and the film was well done and it was
(SPOILER ALERT)
satisfying to see the murderous hippies get killed (or Hitler get killed in that other thing he did).

But ultimately while Tarantino is entertaining he really doesn't have anything to say. For that reason it's an okay movie but not fantastic.

2/5 stars

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would echo this, and I don't necessarily say that last sentence as a compliment, though.

The performances were very good, but there was completely egregious portrayal of some real actors of the era which was puzzling. The movie doesn't drag and does not seem long, which is obviously good. But it leads to a stupid, ridiculous ending, and in typical QT style just bounces around somewhat.

I didn't dislike it, but I assume people will feel it is necessary to like it - or say you did - because it is a Tarantino film. The praise is over the top for what it is IMO. It is not a movie I would be in a rush to see again or tell people they must see.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was it though? I like Tarantino ok. He's a good story teller and the film was well done and it was
(SPOILER ALERT)
satisfying to see the murderous hippies get killed (or Hitler get killed in that other thing he did).

But ultimately while Tarantino is entertaining he really doesn't have anything to say. For that reason it's an okay movie but not fantastic.

2/5 stars
That is a better summary than what I wrote.