Really popular things that you don't like

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is not a thing if you know how to properly consume flats.

@HeHateMe beat me to it.
Well I apologize that I'm not a human garbage disposal that sticks an entire wing in his ****ing mouth. You heathens.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't find people running around like a bunch of stressed drunken idiots, obligations to buy people shit, obligations to hang out with people that I have no desire to hang out with, and obligations to be in some specific cheery mood for a month make for "The most wonderful time of the year."

I get this. The problem is that we have two major holidays, Christmas and T-giving ~5 weeks apart. The stress of seeing (extended) family, the expense, the expectations and commercialization can make the holiday season a real pain in the ass.

Reactions: DC

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Influencers.

I can't wait until that genre of "job" transitions into oblivion.
On this topic: I have a buddy who does photography professionally--usually photos of metal concerts as a side-gig (not his main career).

The amount of people looking for free work from him and using the lines of, "I'm a social media influencer and I can get your name out there" is both comical and depressing. I know it's not just him that is affected by this, but it's like "Social Media Influencer" is the preferred profession for the Karens and the Kevins out there who want free stuff and don't want to work for a living.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well I apologize that I'm not a human garbage disposal that sticks an entire wing in his ****ing mouth. You heathens.

Apparently you didn't read his entire post he gave you two methods. The whole wing in the mouth, or if you are more dainty you can separate the bones (read pull them apart with your dainty little fingers) and eat each half without having to tongue punch a chickens anus.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
On this topic: I have a buddy who does photography professionally--usually photos of metal concerts as a side-gig (not his main career).

The amount of people looking for free work from him and using the lines of, "I'm a social media influencer and I can get your name out there" is both comical and depressing. I know it's not just him that is affected by this, but it's like "Social Media Influencer" is the preferred profession for the Karens and the Kevins out there who want free stuff and don't want to work for a living.
Yes, those entitled millennial types love to ask for free stuff in exchange for “influence”. It’s ludicrous. And they just go on peddling products to all their followers, relevant or not, because it pays and it’s turned social media into contract advertising.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Entire wing???? Who said anything about sticking an entire wing in their mouth???

What is the matter with you today you seem literally UNHINGED?????
He found out his wife likes peanuts while he was executing his patented wing tongue punch maneuver on her?!? ?‍♂️

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, those entitled millennial types love to ask for free stuff in exchange for “influence”. It’s ludicrous. And they just go on peddling products to all their followers, relevant or not, because it pays and it’s turned social media into contract advertising.
it ain't just millennials. A couple of people who tried to stiff him were early Gen-X'ers--as in older than him and I are.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He found out his wife likes peanuts while he was executing his patented wing tongue punch maneuver on her?!? ?‍♂️
I'm dead.
That's funny.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why you see lots of these influencers complaining about IG moving to a format where your "likes" are hidden.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It's a worldwide plague. My brother brews beer and has had countless stories of "influencers" coming in expecting free drinks and food for publicity. It's disgusting really.

This is a great story of an ice cream truck owner who has had enough of this shit. https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...cers-Pay-Double-in-Viral-Post--512134362.html

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Social Media Influencer sounds so cringe too lol. I like going to their insta profiles and you look at their followers and most are like 10k-15k and you're like wow that's kinda a lot. Then you start looking at their following and it's all SM influencers and bots. They just all follow each other and like each other's shit. What a time to be alive.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't find people running around like a bunch of stressed drunken idiots

Then don't.

obligations to buy people shit

Then don't.

obligations to hang out with people that I have no desire to hang out with

Then don't.

and obligations to be in some specific cheery mood for a month

Be in whatever mood you want to be in, don't blame Christmas for you being a miserable cantankerous dick head.

Anyone that hates Christmas is a fucking moron.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't hate Christmas, but I do think it's a bit overrated.

Now Thanksgiving - that shit is bomb. You get wasted the night before then the next day you dress up so you look fly as fuck in the kitchen making green bean casserole in your turtleneck . Watch football all day while getting drunk again. Then eat a bomb meal. That's a good day.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't hate Christmas, but I do think it's a bit overrated.

Now Thanksgiving - that shit is bomb. You get wasted the night before then the next day you dress up so you look fly as fuck in the kitchen making green bean casserole in your turtleneck . Watch football all day while getting drunk again. Then eat a bomb meal. That's a good day.
Yup. Thxgiving is lit. I go to a farm, bring that Martha Stewart vibe, get drunk on wild turkey cocktails, punch my brother in law in the ear and moonwalk away.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hate Thanskgiving because it's the one time per year we spend with the in-laws, and my mother-in-law threw a butter knife at my wife the first time we went. I like Christmas less as I get older. I don't like anything except nunica pine 7% dry hopped cider, really.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Then don't.

Then don't.

Then don't.

Be in whatever mood you want to be in, don't blame Christmas for you being a miserable cantankerous dick head.

Anyone that hates Christmas is a fucking moron.
Christmas is stupid. And I especially hate that we always have it at a dry house.