Really popular things that you don't like

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For all of the CCS CHICKEN WING HATERS:

What in the **** do you put various hot sauces on and dip into ranch or bleu cheese dressing if you are ANTI WINGS?

I only eat chicken breast but enjoy all the hot sauces and etc on that. Don’t like dark meat.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone that hates Christmas is a fucking moron.

When I was 17 I worked at a gas station that also had a car wash. Not as many people used the car wash in the winter so the owner decides he is going to offset that by selling X-Mas trees in this dirt lot behind the station. So now my job was three nights in the station and two nights in the tree yard, which became two and three and then one and four until I was just a X-Mas tree salesman that used the bathroom in the gas station.

They were cheap trees so lifting trees all night was not a muscle problem...the problem is all the tree needles that find their way to brush up on any bare skin while you are awkwardly trying to tie it to the roof of a car or squeeze it into the back of a van because you are 17 and out grow coats on a weekly basis.

They leave needle shaped rashes everywhere and they still are kind of lingering come Valentine's Day. Oh and the owner bought a cassette tape of X-Mas music to help out the sales. But instead of giving you the little shitty tape player, he sets it up in front of the microphone for the PA. You know, the one that you normally just use to say, "You need to pre-pay pump five".

So it's Nat King Cole sounding like he is trapped in a soup can, selling trees that give you hives in the same place where the other eleven months out of the year homeless people like to have sex.

I was hating me some Christmas at 17...let me tell you.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't find people running around like a bunch of stressed drunken idiots, obligations to buy people shit, obligations to hang out with people that I have no desire to hang out with, and obligations to be in some specific cheery mood for a month make for "The most wonderful time of the year."
Christmas is stupid. And I especially hate that we always have it at a dry house.

All of your reasons for hating Christmas are based on bad decisions you make, stop doing stupid things and enjoy the season.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I was 17 I worked at a gas station that also had a car wash. Not as many people used the car wash in the winter so the owner decides he is going to offset that by selling X-Mas trees in this dirt lot behind the station. So now my job was three nights in the station and two nights in the tree yard, which became two and three and then one and four until I was just a X-Mas tree salesman that used the bathroom in the gas station.

They were cheap trees so lifting trees all night was not a muscle problem...the problem is all the tree needles that find their way to brush up on any bare skin while you are awkwardly trying to tie it to the roof of a car or squeeze it into the back of a van because you are 17 and out grow coats on a weekly basis.

They leave needle shaped rashes everywhere and they still are kind of lingering come Valentine's Day. Oh and the owner bought a cassette tape of X-Mas music to help out the sales. But instead of giving you the little shitty tape player, he sets it up in front of the microphone for the PA. You know, the one that you normally just use to say, "You need to pre-pay pump five".

So it's Nat King Cole sounding like he is trapped in a soup can, selling trees that give you hives in the same place where the other eleven months out of the year homeless people like to have sex.

I was hating me some Christmas at 17...let me tell you.

You have some amazing stories.

I am not trying to one-up you bro, but re: Christmases, this was a Christmas Eve but I had to deliver a pizza to this drunk who somehow always had the money to stay at the Oil Capital Motel, in the same room for, like, months. He clearly didn't work but he ordered pizza every day from the same room so had some source of funds.

So I deliver the pizza to him on Christmas Eve during an ice storm, he answers the door naked and says, "I didn't order a fucking pizza!" I go to leave and he says "Give me that pizza" and steps out of his room and promptly faceplants on the ice. It was Christmas Eve so I just left the pizza by him on the icy walkway.

Then I continued on my pizza delivery journey to feed the strippers at the Club Paradise strip club. They tipped me $5 for a large.

ETA: I believe it is now a Best Western:

OK040400.jpg

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna be so sad when it ends.
I rewatched it all before this last season. I'm sad about Alice Wetterlund's accusations that it was a shitty toxic culture on set especially with Erlich, but I can't help but keep watching (and re-watching): it nails the industry so well.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had a teacher in high school that wanted to push Updike on me. Never really took, but I should revisit.

I think I can appreciate him much better now over my teens.

That was one of his favourite lines about his own writing, "to give the mundane its beautiful due." Great writer of sentences, and paragraphs. He may read as very dated now. Haven't been there in a long time.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't see any shitty in your flashback. Not in the telling anyway.

Thanks, but I meant the actual trees themselves were shitty.

Not literally, but very cheap and dry trees that smelled like gasoline. I swear the only reason people bought them was because you have to go to the gas station...you don't have to drive out to a proper "tree lot".

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i'm a douche

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I rewatched it all before this last season. I'm sad about Alice Wetterlund's accusations that it was a shitty toxic culture on set especially with Erlich, but I can't help but keep watching (and re-watching): it nails the industry so well.
I need to rewatch it from the beginning. I forgot all about Erlich. Especially all his interactions with Jian Yang.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't hate Christmas, but I do think it's a bit overrated.

Now Thanksgiving - that shit is bomb. You get wasted the night before then the next day you dress up so you look fly as fuck in the kitchen making green bean casserole in your turtleneck . Watch football all day while getting drunk again. Then eat a bomb meal. That's a good day.
Please tell me you don't tongue punch the casserole?