Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not sure why so many of you are salivating over a back door playoff spot. You do know that all that would accomplish is status quo, right? Everyone in the FO stays. That means more poor drafts, bad trades, lame signings and weak coaching......I realize it's tough to not pull for your team. I know I keep asking myself why I watch but there is a bigger picture to consider.

I think even sneaking into the playoffs, they make a change.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd rather sneak into the playoffs and have opportunity to dethrone the Blues or measure the Avs, maybe pepper Rinne a bit and see what happens, than to watch American Goat Kane disgraced with a bottom 5 finish and put all my hopes in 2025.

Play it out. Fight to the end. Be your best. If any coach, GM, or player is an impediment to that than stop wasting time and get the fuck rid of them.

It goes a lot deeper than that. You get close and you have to worry about what Bowman does. Does he blow the Hawk's highly coveted Cap relief on yet another player on his last legs? I mean really. This is Kenny Williams shit all over again. How'd you enjoy the last 14 yrs of Sox baseball? If you're gonna clean house and rebuild, don't fucking half step.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many of you are salivating over a back door playoff spot. You do know that all that would accomplish is status quo, right? Everyone in the FO stays. That means more poor drafts, bad trades, lame signings and weak coaching......I realize it's tough to not pull for your team. I know I keep asking myself why I watch but there is a bigger picture to consider.

This is true. Making the playoffs would definitely keep Bowman and Colliton safe. I don't blame you for rooting for a tank, but for me, it's too early to do that. No one has hated Bowman more than me, but I can't do that just yet. Maybe if it was another sport other than the NHL, but in hockey, the last seed can win the Cup -- that's what makes the sport great, you just never know -- all you have to do is make the dance, etc. Last year alone saw more upsets than I can ever remember, particularly first-round upsets; and St. Louis was all but dead at this exact time of the year last year, to boot.

The fact that this team has looked as poorly as they have and with all the injuries they've experienced, yet they're only 5 points back, I can't help but root for them to make it. Maybe they go out in the first round, but I'd still want to see what they can do with the chance. At the end of the day, I do not want to waste an opportunity to see Kane in the playoffs simply because I want Bowman and Colliton out the door. Who knows how many more times Kane will have that opportunity, both in general but also in a Hawks' sweater.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true. Making the playoffs would definitely keep Bowman and Colliton safe. I don't blame you for rooting for a tank, but for me, it's too early to do that. No one has hated Bowman more than me, but I can't do that just yet. Maybe if it was another sport other than the NHL, but in hockey, the last seed can win the Cup -- that's what makes the sport great, you just never know -- all you have to do is make the dance, etc. Last year alone saw more upsets than I can ever remember, particularly first-round upsets; and St. Louis was all but dead at this exact time of the year last year, to boot.

The fact that this team has looked as poorly as they have and with all the injuries they've experienced, yet they're only 5 points back, I can't help but root for them to make it. Maybe they go out in the first round, but I'd still want to see what they can do with the chance. At the end of the day, I do not want to waste an opportunity to see Kane in the playoffs simply because I want Bowman and Colliton out the door. Who knows how many more times Kane will have that opportunity, both in general but also in a Hawks' sweater.

I hear ya. Kaner is only trailing Denis Savard on my list of favorite Hawks. For a long time, as Hawks fans, all we got was the fun of watching a handful of real good players.....winning a few Cups has changed that. At least for myself. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay interested when I see such inept play in so many games. As far as a Blueslike turnaround, anything is possible I guess but I just can't see it with JC running things.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Adding to this: Debrincat, Dach, Strome, etc. would gain a ton from playoff experience, even if the team got mangled and killed like the 2017 'hawks.

I think a lot of people were sleeping on the 2009 'hawks, and they ended up doing some impressive damage until they hit Detroit.

It's a fine line. I really think that for the long-term rebuild it's gotta start with getting the old brass out and new brass in. We need a GM and the staff below them to be a fresh set of eyes and evaluate exactly what the team has and where it's going instead of automatically deferring to the core (except I'm fine deferring to Kane since he's still playing at superstar level). On the other hand though, even if this team is a bubble team, they should try to win and make the playoffs, and then see how far they go even if that means Stan & JC are kept on.

The next month or so will be telling. Last night was one game against the worst team in the league. The next opponents will be tougher nuts to crack. They gotta have a better January than simply treading water.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adding to this: Debrincat, Dach, Strome, etc. would gain a ton from playoff experience, even if the team got mangled and killed like the 2017 'hawks.

I think a lot of people were sleeping on the 2009 'hawks, and they ended up doing some impressive damage until they hit Detroit.

It's a fine line. I really think that for the long-term rebuild it's gotta start with getting the old brass out and new brass in. We need a GM and the staff below them to be a fresh set of eyes and evaluate exactly what the team has and where it's going instead of automatically deferring to the core (except I'm fine deferring to Kane since he's still playing at superstar level). On the other hand though, even if this team is a bubble team, they should try to win and make the playoffs, and then see how far they go even if that means Stan & JC are kept on.

The next month or so will be telling. Last night was one game against the worst team in the league. The next opponents will be tougher nuts to crack. They gotta have a better January than simply treading water.
yeah....despite the recent results it appears to me this team is a dumpster fire waiting to implode.

In some ways the injuries have simplified JC's tinkering. This current squad plays the way they have to play to survive and several tweeners that make decisions complicated are out. They have roles and an identity without as much ego.

I propose they clean house, buy contracts for future picks, move future cap and buy short term expiring, and let current group make the playoffs and then see if they can do more all on their own. Bringing in more egos and pieces trying to figure out roles won't necessarily help us and didn't always in the past to say the least.

GM for 2021-22, but we can still root for them.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Some yes and no.

Yes, absolutely to....... "It's a fine line. I really think that for the long-term rebuild it's gotta start with getting the old brass out and new brass in. We need a GM and the staff below them to be a fresh set of eyes and evaluate exactly what the team has and where it's going instead of automatically deferring to the core (except I'm fine deferring to Kane since he's still playing at superstar level)"

Even though trading Kaner would be a rather large factor in speeding up the rebuild. (Pains me to even type that)

No, they shouldn't to.... "On the other hand though, even if this team is a bubble team, they should try to win and make the playoffs, and then see how far they go even if that means Stan & JC are kept on."

But of course, that's exactly what they will do....and it will cost them in both time and resources.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some yes and no.

Yes, absolutely to....... "It's a fine line. I really think that for the long-term rebuild it's gotta start with getting the old brass out and new brass in. We need a GM and the staff below them to be a fresh set of eyes and evaluate exactly what the team has and where it's going instead of automatically deferring to the core (except I'm fine deferring to Kane since he's still playing at superstar level)"

Even though trading Kaner would be a rather large factor in speeding up the rebuild. (Pains me to even type that)

No, they shouldn't to.... "On the other hand though, even if this team is a bubble team, they should try to win and make the playoffs, and then see how far they go even if that means Stan & JC are kept on."

But of course, that's exactly what they will do....and it will cost them in both time and resources.
Just GM for the future, period. You want Kane in the future to have a shot, end of story. Losing our kane factor is the worst thing we could do. You rebuild 5 times, try everything under the sun before that thought should ever form. It won't speed anything except complete suckitude, loss of morale, and organizational chaos as everyone associated will be fired within two years and you have some pencil necked millenial that plays the next fortnite to decompress the fan illusion he is supposed to save the franchise.