Remember they hype!

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I felt some people on here need a refresher as to what the Bears will be gaining on offense this year.

[video=youtube;zGqaHV37UvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGqaHV37UvQ[/video]

BEAR DOWN!

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I felt some people on here need a refresher as to what the Bears will be gaining on offense this year.

[video=youtube;zGqaHV37UvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGqaHV37UvQ[/video]

BEAR DOWN!

I was so excited at this time last year to find out what we had in him only to get a dragged out disappointment.

It's just kinda sucks cause it's hard to get as excited this year.

But I mean honestly now I have lower expectations, so even if he's half way decent this season it won't be that disappointing.

Hopefully he turns into the next Calvin Johnson, but if not.. Whateva

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I wonder why they haven't been running all the combine drills in pads, especially since everyone is super OCD about field speed and whatnot nowadays.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I wonder why they haven't been running all the combine drills in pads, especially since everyone is super OCD about field speed and whatnot nowadays.

probably because the people actually... have no say.

they talk too much shit on message boards.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Kevin White being really good right away could make this a playoff team. The Bears have a lot of nice young pieces for the future, but not a lot of true potential gamechangers. White and Floyd are a couple players who, if they hit the ground running, can change a franchise's fortunes in a hurry.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he is that good, it would really make things easier with the Jefferey situation.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I hope he is that good, it would really make things easier with the Jefferey situation.

It's funny because I would love nothing more than for White to live up to the Julio Jones comp in that video, but I worry that if White is that good, that fast the Bears won't feel the need to re-sign Jeffery, when if White is that good part of the reason will be because of Jeffery taking away coverage on the other side. But I think Jeffery's presence gave Pace even more reason to get rid of Marshall, I just hope this isn't the same type of situation and the Bears can build around these 2 for the next several years.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny because I would love nothing more than for White to live up to the Julio Jones comp in that video, but I worry that if White is that good, that fast the Bears won't feel the need to re-sign Jeffery, when if White is that good part of the reason will be because of Jeffery taking away coverage on the other side. But I think Jeffery's presence gave Pace even more reason to get rid of Marshall, I just hope this isn't the same type of situation and the Bears can build around these 2 for the next several years.

Julio is just a freak, if White even comes close to those comparisons, to me that would make Jefferey expandable. I like Jeffery, but he really needs to step up to earn that WR1 type of contract that he is wanting and going to get at the end of this season. I'm glad that I'm not the one having to make these decisions, it's no easy task.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Julio is just a freak, if White even comes close to those comparisons, to me that would make Jefferey expandable. I like Jeffery, but he really needs to step up to earn that WR1 type of contract that he is wanting and going to get at the end of this season. I'm glad that I'm not the one having to make these decisions, it's no easy task.

See to me, it's a very easy task. You don't let one of the top 7 WRs in the league leave when you have tons of money available and only 1 other good player at the position (would be White in this case, which is still hypothetical).

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See to me, it's a very easy task. You don't let one of the top 7 WRs in the league leave when you have tons of money available and only 1 other good player at the position (would be White in this case, which is still hypothetical).

At this point, I personally am not ready to bump him in the top 7. I'd put Brown, Julio, ODB, Hopkins, Robinson, Nelson, Bryant(in no particular order) and then there is a group of Thomas, Marshall, Jefferey and Evans (I might be missing a guy or 2 here). So there is lots of wiggle room in that 5-12 range in the WR rankings. I hope he takes that next step to truly be one of top guys next season and earn himself a top contract.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
At this point, I personally am not ready to bump him in the top 7. I'd put Brown, Julio, ODB, Hopkins, Robinson, Nelson, Bryant(in no particular order) and then there is a group of Thomas, Marshall, Jefferey and Evans (I might be missing a guy or 2 here). So there is lots of wiggle room in that 5-12 range in the WR rankings. I hope he takes that next step to truly be one of top guys next season and earn himself a top contract.

Brown, Julio, ODB, and Hopkins are a clear top 4 for me. But I think Jeffery has an argument against anyone else in the league.

I think he's a decent amount better than Evans. He's a slight bit better than Robinson, IMO. He's much younger than Marshall and Nelson, who is coming off a major injury. Dez is still probably better, but he had a similar injury riddled season and his numbers were not close to Jeffery's. Thomas still put up huge numbers, but took major hits in TDs and YPC without Peyton Manning being a superstar anymore and his QB situation doesn't project to be any better this year. AJ Green is a name you forgot, and I'd probably put him at 5 on this list, with Jeffery/Dez 6th and 7th in any order.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brown, Julio, ODB, and Hopkins are a clear top 4 for me. But I think Jeffery has an argument against anyone else in the league.

I think he's a decent amount better than Evans. He's a slight bit better than Robinson, IMO. He's much younger than Marshall and Nelson, who is coming off a major injury. Dez is still probably better, but he had a similar injury riddled season and his numbers were not close to Jeffery's. Thomas still put up huge numbers, but took major hits in TDs and YPC without Peyton Manning being a superstar anymore and his QB situation doesn't project to be any better this year. AJ Green is a name you forgot, and I'd probably put him at 5 on this list, with Jeffery/Dez 6th and 7th in any order.

Nelson is coming off an ACL, but he's had a full year of recovery and should be good to go. He was top 5 like 3-4 seasons in a row prior to last season. A soft schedule and Rodgers returning to form should make the Packers a top offense, IMO. About Marshall agreed and I think Thomas is underrated and that he should and will have a bounce back season. Absolutely forgot Green, he would be a little higher than AJ for me. We will find this year as he should a focus point of that offense after losing 2 WR's to FA this year.

After Brown, Julio, ODB and Hopkins it is indeed all debatable, but myself AJ would land somewhere between 8-10 range.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree with RTB. Jeffrey needs to stay on the field and earn the money he is seeking.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brown, Julio, ODB, and Hopkins are a clear top 4 for me.

Dez Bryant is a lock for the top 4 imo, and was being mentioned as arguably the best a year or so ago. When they get their QB back this year people will be reminded why he was in that discussion.

As far as Jeffery goes, I think the point is that he'll probably be expecting to get paid like top 8 #1, and if White turns out to be as advertised, it would be hard to pay a guy who doesn't want to be in Chicago like that when he may not even be the best receiver on the team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Dez Bryant is a lock for the top 4 imo, and was being mentioned as arguably the best a year or so ago. When they get their QB back this year people will be reminded why he was in that discussion.

As far as Jeffery goes, I think the point is that he'll probably be expecting to get paid like top 8 #1, and if White turns out to be as advertised, it would be hard to pay a guy who doesn't want to be in Chicago like that when he may not even be the best receiver on the team.
There's almost literally nothing White could do to convince me he'd a better WR after 1 year than Jeffery. Getting way ahead of yourself. And you guys are selling Jeffery way short. He leads the league in receiving if healthy, and has 2 1/2 really good years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
There's almost literally nothing White could do to convince me he'd a better WR after 1 year than Jeffery. Getting way ahead of yourself. And you guys are selling Jeffery way short. He leads the league in receiving if healthy, and has 2 1/2 really good years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go head and throw out that alshon might be the most talented offensive play the Bears have had in YEARSS...

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are just so ready to dismiss him?

And why, Just because he doesn't like the city? Get over yourselves!... he's lives in FLA where the weather is beautiful and and women are 12 times better looking than the polish sausage looking women in Chicago.

And I too also am concerned that if white is good that pace might let Alshon go, which would be stupid because we have money to spend, why not have possibly one of the best recording corps in the league?

I swear I don't get Bears fans sometimes.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm gonna go head and throw out that alshon might be the most talented offensive play the Bears have had in YEARSS...

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are just so ready to dismiss him?

And why, Just because he doesn't like the city? Get over yourselves!... he's lives in FLA where the weather is beautiful and and women are 12 times better looking than the polish sausage looking women in Chicago.

And I too also am concerned that if white is good that pace might let Alshon go, which would be stupid because we have money to spend, why not have possibly one of the best recording corps in the league?

It is pretty sad when millionaire professional athletes are forced to bone fat chicks.

Anyway, AJ has to show me he can stay healthy for a season before I compare him to the elite WR's in the NFL. When healthy yes, but he never is. Nobody knows what White is yet. These two could be the best WR duo in the league, or they could be hurt and bad.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

You should visit Chicago when you get some free time, being that you've never been there.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's almost literally nothing White could do to convince me he'd a better WR after 1 year than Jeffery. Getting way ahead of yourself.

So if White plays 16 games and goes 78 - 1,190 - 9 tds and looks to be getting better consistently throughout the year, and Jeffery sits out 4 more games with various niggling issues and goes 58 - 820 - 5 tds, you'll be happy to give Jeffery a long term contract with Jones/Bryant type money? Because that's what he's going to want and someone will give it to him in FA. Probably somewhere with warmer weather where he wants to play and feels he can be healthier and happier.