Replacement GM and Coach

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If his locker room speeches are anything like his post-game interviews, he is neither inspiring or energetic. Kind of like Stan.
The complete lack of energy and drive seems to reflect on the team.
Big difference between the players who have been there and done that, and a coach that tried to get there, struggled to make it 22 games for the Islanders after being a second round pick after having a guy that played 800 nhl games.
I highly doubt if Bowman got replaced by an outside GM that the new guy would want to retain him and his forward thinking.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A sweet little package deal involving McD giving both of them their pink slips would be nice.....I mean a new GM will want to name his own coach, right?
This is it, do not let Stan hire the next coach.
No way should Stan be allowed to hire a new coach, fuck that. I'd like the Grinch to be gone as well, but a new GM and coach, absolutely.

Granada

Liked Posts:
A sweet little package deal involving McD giving both of them their pink slips would be nice.....I mean a new GM will want to name his own coach, right?

I would absolutely love that.

Granada

Liked Posts:
If his locker room speeches are anything like his post-game interviews, he is neither inspiring or energetic. Kind of like Stan.
The complete lack of energy and drive seems to reflect on the team.

Right. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if I was a 3x Cup winner who has seen it all, and some guy comes in whose career was about the length of a fart dissolving compared to mine -- telling me how to do my job, I could never take him seriously.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if I was a 3x Cup winner who has seen it all, and some guy comes in whose career was about the length of a fart dissolving compared to mine -- telling me how to do my job, I could never take him seriously.
As far as taking someone seriously the same could be said for Stan. The core was in place when he took over, his choices for the various roles = weak.

Granada

Liked Posts:
As far as taking someone seriously the same could be said for Stan. The core was in place when he took over, his choices for the various roles = weak.

There's been a long rumor going on that Stan is certainly not respected by other GM's around the league -- I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

As far as the Hawk players themselves though -- yeah, although their opinion on him probably improved after he paid them.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, this is how it's done. The team is now set up for a major "Mailing it in" for the rest of the season. #1 pick in the draft...your Chicago Blackhawks!
:smug2::success::smug2:

I'm all in on that........except......at least at this point.....the guy making that #1 pick......would be......fucking Bowman.

:office:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least Kirby Dach looks worthy of his draft position, I still wouldn't trust Stan going forward though.

The fans need to speak out! Remember the "Detroit Sucks" chants. That needs to be resurrected into a "Stan Bowman Sucks" chant at the games to send the message to Rocky .

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's been a long rumor going on that Stan is certainly not respected by other GM's around the league -- I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

As far as the Hawk players themselves though -- yeah, although their opinion on him probably improved after he paid them.

If so, they'd be smart to keep that under wraps.....where else would they find a chump like Bowman to deal with?

Example 1A

From John Dietz column this morning......

It was during that second season when Panarin agreed to a modest two-year, $12 million contract. He signed it to give the cap-strapped Hawks flexibility going forward.
"Chicago's pressed against the salary cap," Panarin told former agent Dan Milstein. "I don't want to be that guy. I want to play on a winning team.
"Give them the flexibility so they can retain the guys or sign the new guys because it's not about me. I'm young. I'm going to make plenty of money in my future."
Panarin's price for that loyalty was a one-way ticket to Columbus in exchange for Brandon Saad and goalie Anton Forsberg. It was a deal that incensed Patrick Kane, who had become fast friends with the talented, affable and joking Panarin.

Nice job.....deal off one of the league's top players and piss off you're best player at the same time.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
I figured they would do as suggested earlier: go with Crawford until the off-season. If Colliton was relieved. Personally they may as well stay the course until the end and then go from there.

I’d like Gallant to take over but he’d just be wildly successful to begin, then be successful, then have some success but not “wild” success and be dumped w/o warning. Based on, you know, recent experience.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If so, they'd be smart to keep that under wraps.....where else would they find a chump like Bowman to deal with?

Example 1A

From John Dietz column this morning......

It was during that second season when Panarin agreed to a modest two-year, $12 million contract. He signed it to give the cap-strapped Hawks flexibility going forward.
"Chicago's pressed against the salary cap," Panarin told former agent Dan Milstein. "I don't want to be that guy. I want to play on a winning team.
"Give them the flexibility so they can retain the guys or sign the new guys because it's not about me. I'm young. I'm going to make plenty of money in my future."
Panarin's price for that loyalty was a one-way ticket to Columbus in exchange for Brandon Saad and goalie Anton Forsberg. It was a deal that incensed Patrick Kane, who had become fast friends with the talented, affable and joking Panarin.

Nice job.....deal off one of the league's top players and piss off you're best player at the same time.
Not disagreeing, but I think part of the logic is that Kane can produce with anyone, but Toews sorely needed to be sparkplugged, and Saad did have some chemistry with Toews in the past. I get the logic, but in retrospect it failed...hard. Toews was not sparkplugged in 2018, Saad did not provide any meaningful upgrade to the team D, and it was pretty much the Crawford show until he went down (kinda like it being the Lehner show most of this season).

I think if there's anything learned on this, it's don't waste assets trying to sparkplug an under-performing player.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not disagreeing, but I think part of the logic is that Kane can produce with anyone, but Toews sorely needed to be sparkplugged, and Saad did have some chemistry with Toews in the past. I get the logic, but in retrospect it failed...hard. Toews was not sparkplugged in 2018, Saad did not provide any meaningful upgrade to the team D, and it was pretty much the Crawford show until he went down (kinda like it being the Lehner show most of this season).

I think if there's anything learned on this, it's don't waste assets trying to sparkplug an under-performing player.

I agree with this, though I think Hossa was the spark for toews and saad

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Of course when you looking for ways to spark plug a 10.5 cap hit...

It should be the other way around. Toews should be the sparkplug for his linemates at his outrageous cap number.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course when you looking for ways to spark plug a 10.5 cap hit...

It should be the other way around. Toews should be the sparkplug for his linemates at his outrageous cap number.
I totally agree.