Replacement GM and Coach

Liked Posts:
At least Kirby Dach looks worthy of his draft position, I still wouldn't trust Stan going forward though.

The fans need to speak out! Remember the "Detroit Sucks" chants. That needs to be resurrected into a "Stan Bowman Sucks" chant at the games to send the message to Rocky .

The only thing that will get the attention of Rockwell and McDonough will be 4,000 - 5,000 seats without asses in them at every home game.

It will take no playoff games and running at 80% of capacity for these two get get enough balls to stand up to William Scott Bowman and fire his incompetent son.
Scotty Bowman is the NHL's version of a "Made Man" and you just don't fire the son of a Made Man without being able to show extreme hardship. Even then there are likely to be severe consequences.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The only thing that will get the attention of Rockwell and McDonough will be 4,000 - 5,000 seats without asses in them at every home game.

It will take no playoff games and running at 80% of capacity for these two get get enough balls to stand up to William Scott Bowman and fire his incompetent son.
Scotty Bowman is the NHL's version of a "Made Man" and you just don't fire the son of a Made Man without being able to show extreme hardship. Even then there are likely to be severe consequences.

Exactly. I hate when people need to throw in other sports to make a point, but look at the Bulls. That team has been bad for how long, yet Gar/Pax are still there -- why? Because the Bulls still consistently draw fans to games, even when they're bad. My biggest fear, is that the Hawks become the Bulls in this respect -- and that will indeed happen, unless Rocky starts losing money.

Now, hockey is nowhere near the draw that the other big 3 sports are in general, let alone this town, so when it does get bad enough, fans will jump off the bandwagon. The question is how long will it actually take for them to do so.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I just realized that Stan's contract ends after next season. I'd bet that there's a 90% chance that they keep him at least until then.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I just realized that Stan's contract ends after next season. I'd bet that there's a 90% chance that they keep him at least until then."

god no!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

You won't see empty seats or worries about it because they have spent the last 10 years focusing on selling seats corporate instead of individual fans.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You won't see empty seats or worries about it because they have spent the last 10 years focusing on selling seats corporate instead of individual fans.
Not sure I agree. Corporations would want bang-for-buck as well, and if the 'hawks stop being a hot ticket they might stop buying--especially as casual and bandwagonner fans leave to pursue other interests.

It might go slower than the individual fan, but it should happen. After all, if you were a client and someone tried to woo you with tickets to the last-place team of a sport you're not following, would you be happy or insulted?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not sure I agree. Corporations would want bang-for-buck as well, and if the 'hawks stop being a hot ticket they might stop buying--especially as casual and bandwagonner fans leave to pursue other interests.

It might go slower than the individual fan, but it should happen. After all, if you were a client and someone tried to woo you with tickets to the last-place team of a sport you're not following, would you be happy or insulted?
No, because no matter the shitshow on the ice the sparkle and dazzle is still all around the experience. These are tickets and boxes that are for clients and meetins and a lot of times can be filled by people who aren't even blackhawks fans. You end up getting massive turnover and rotation in the butts in seats. And it's much easier for people to stomach going to a game and seeing a loss if they don't have to see it 30 times a year. You get free tickets from someone you go and usually enjoy yourself and the experience even if they do lose. You probably even have a few extra beers since the tickets were free making the defense and 5 goals given up a bit more palatable. THen you post you pictures to the facebook and gramtwit and let everyone know how cool you are for the great free seats you got for the hawks game. Cubs play this same game too, I can't imagine where the hawks got the idea.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I hope not...but who knows. He should have been gone in the summer of 2018.
He should of been gone after the Nashville series, he should of been gone after unloading TT, he should of been gone after getting rid of Panarin, he is like a damn cat, 9 lives. He should be fired if the Hawks miss the playoffs for 3 years straight but like most he will most likely be around for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
No, because no matter the shitshow on the ice the sparkle and dazzle is still all around the experience. These are tickets and boxes that are for clients and meetins and a lot of times can be filled by people who aren't even blackhawks fans. You end up getting massive turnover and rotation in the butts in seats. And it's much easier for people to stomach going to a game and seeing a loss if they don't have to see it 30 times a year. You get free tickets from someone you go and usually enjoy yourself and the experience even if they do lose. You probably even have a few extra beers since the tickets were free making the defense and 5 goals given up a bit more palatable. THen you post you pictures to the facebook and gramtwit and let everyone know how cool you are for the great free seats you got for the hawks game. Cubs play this same game too, I can't imagine where the hawks got the idea.
The sparkle and dazzle is around Toews and Kane, people enjoy watching them play and will buy tickets as long as they dawn a Hawks jersey, seats will always be full with those 2 in the lineup.
The question will be in a few seasons when there contracts are up what will the GM do. Even if a team is losing all it takes is a few superstars in the lineup to draw people in.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
pretty much saw the same game watching them play st louis again, same 5 men across blue line, forcing them to dump and chase, and nobody much able to even get the puck back there without it being picked off. Watch them lose a face off on the power play, all 5 chase back behind the goal line. You figure the chances to get in the zone would be better if there was someone ahead to at least spread the defenders out. Get a PP, lose faceoff, skate back with all 5, 20 seconds killed, fumble a pass at the zone, chase all 5 back again, another 20 seconds killed.

Arent there adjustments in hockey?