Replacement GM and Coach

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team doesn't have enough on it around the core players to win a few more games no matter who the coach is so you might as well dump him in Bowman now
I'll give Bowman the trade deadline and a new coach...

Clock is ticking loudly though. If it's a for sale there is no reason to let Bowman do it. We are almost there.

Acquire speed, size, and defense and do it fast.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hawks structure has become such a family that they will all protect each other. Ownership needs to step in and fire JC, then tell Bowman to hire a qualified coach, and he has until 10 days before trade deadline to fix things, and all trades must be approved upstairs. Young and core player trades will be questioned. Get it done Stan your time is nye.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JC has worked out unfathomable poorly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't a close call. RIP the band aid off now!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks are in last place in their division. Bowman had high expectations going into this year, going to be interesting what happens at the trade deadline in terms of who he unloads cause the team is going to be in obvious sell mode.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the rumor of Capt Disconnect and Seabrookzival going to the Grinch to bitch and moan aboot JC are true. There is not a coach out there that is gonna fix this mess that the Hawks have become.
Keenan. A coach that would call them out as prima donnas would work. Granted it would mean Bowman the Lesser and McGrinch would have to be on board.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll give Bowman the trade deadline and a new coach...

Clock is ticking loudly though. If it's a for sale there is no reason to let Bowman do it. We are almost there.

Acquire speed, size, and defense and do it fast.
How long have we been asking for size and speed. I know I have since after the 2nd Cup. Definitely after the 3rd cup. I remeber telling @Ares speed and size was going to be the way to go.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
For GM I would hire Ron Hextall. Let him fire JC and either put Crawford behind the bench or DeBoer.

If Shaw and/or DeHann have to retire (I am hearing it is likely for both) then you have an opportunity to make FA changes as 8 Million in cap space becomes available.

I think you have to tell the new coach to bench Seabrook. He seemed willing to get traded when JC benched him and my guess is he would be willing to do so again. Eat half the contract and move him if you can or pay the expansion Seattle team a second-rounder to take him off your hands.

Currently, the moveable assets the Hawks have are Lehner (I would hope you try to resign him before doing that), Crow (Modified no trade), Maata, Smith (MNT), DeHaan (if he gets healthy), and the most likely to go Saad.

Simply put this is very likely to be a long and painful process.

peterjan

Liked Posts:
With all of the talk of firing Stan and JC (I am in favor) Who would you like to see take their place?
I don't even know who would be available. I have seen some people suggesting to let Marc Crawford take over the bench, but I don't know much about him, and I have no idea where to start with GM's!
Crawford? Are you kidding me what about Babcock!! & keep Bowman

peterjan

Liked Posts:
For GM I would hire Ron Hextall. Let him fire JC and either put Crawford behind the bench or DeBoer.

If Shaw and/or DeHann have to retire (I am hearing it is likely for both) then you have an opportunity to make FA changes as 8 Million in cap space becomes available.

I think you have to tell the new coach to bench Seabrook. He seemed willing to get traded when JC benched him and my guess is he would be willing to do so again. Eat half the contract and move him if you can or pay the expansion Seattle team a second-rounder to take him off your hands.

Currently, the moveable assets the Hawks have are Lehner (I would hope you try to resign him before doing that), Crow (Modified no trade), Maata, Smith (MNT), DeHaan (if he gets healthy), and the most likely to go Saad.

Saad & KK gotta go

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Crawford? Are you kidding me what about Babcock!! & keep Bowman

This thread was made before Babock was fired, and I can't imagine any team hiring him or Crawford any time soon with all of the negative stories about them.

Whydo you want to keep Bowman?

peterjan

Liked Posts:
This thread was made before Babock was fired, and I can't imagine any team hiring him or Crawford any time soon with all of the negative stories about them.

Whydo you want to keep Bowman?
He is okay who you going to replace him with? Yes some of the vets have to go? Either Keith or Seibs!! I have changed my mind on Babcock!! Maybe they should let season play out, Too bad Dach was not let go to the world Juniors!!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Its not letting Bowman spend the cap space again. Seabrook did seem likely to waive his NMC when he was benched, then he had a few solid games, now its back to usual. Just having Gilbert on the ice blowing people up is what Seabrook is afraid to get back to with his concussion history. Its long term happiness, not hockey happiness.

Could you imagine a current hawks D pairing with 2014 seabrook and Gilbert taking turns blowing people up?

But out of the group, it was Joker, Bovquist, Beaudin, Mitchell that we were looking forward to, Gilbert was not even on the radar. Now it seems like Gus will have to go since he should be paid in the 3 million range next year and its pretty clear a mistake was made with Joker.

I would love the team to have 8 million in cap space, I would love for them to have it at the trade deadline though because for some reason, they dont worry about the cap in the playoffs to get the best possible hockey.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Bowman anywhere near 8 Million in cap space. I can't think of one FA signing he has made where the guy even held par on his previous stats.

You have to move Gus before/at the deadline. And I would prefer Bowman to not be the guy making that trade. People overpay for D at the deadline and you have to get a solid prospect and a pick back for him, and honestly he should have been moved at the draft this year.

In my ideal world you trade Saad, Gus, Smith, and possibly Crow at the deadline. At the draft you trade Seabrook, Shaw, and either Maata or DeHaan unless DeHaan retires. Then you go after Pieterangelo hard if he is available in FA. If he isn't you go after guys like Barrie, Green, Schultz, Muzzin, Kulikov (basically anyone with speed and the ability to pass the puck up quickly). For forwards you target guys like Toffoli , Eakin, Simmonds, Namestinkov, Haula, etc.

We don't know who will be available but if the hawks can dump the contracts of Smith, Shaw, Seabrook, Maata, DeHaan and get assets for Saad and Gus....you have the potential to have another top 5 pick and to get a player who can play in 2020 (Byfield, Holtz, Raymond) and then use the FA pool to shore up your blueline and 3rd and 4th lines. But you won't ever be able to sign those FAs or make good trades if you keep the guy in place who made the mistakes in the first place.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So......................................... with news of Andrew Shaw possibly being shut down for the season, there is a message from Montreal wishing him well, a report saying they loved him in Montreal, loved his locker room energy, but feared his next concussion might mean the end of his career, so moving him was a business decision.

So now two broken players brought in by Bowman this offseason. What did he think, the blackhawks dont play a physical game so he will make it 3 more years?

It would be so like Bowman to bring in a player who is both damaged goods and a retread. Seriously, these two types, plus players on their swan-songs (i.e. healthy, but won't be picked up by any other team the next year) are his specialty.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So are you telling me Toews and Kane are running the offense and JC the defense?

Whatever, I'm just glad we saw some of Rasks top 6 and Saad/Kubs showed chemistry with Toews creating some chances. That pressure in turn helps Kane. Kampf is an energy counter attacker and can function with other pieces. I'd like to see him and Dach figure it out together with like Jewels, and then you have Nylander-Carp-Smith for your last line.

I like the way

SAAD-toews-Kubalik
CAT-Strome-Kane
(Dach-Kampf)-Jewels
Nylander/Wedin/Sikura-Carp-Smith

Protects alot of guys weaknesses. Maybe flip Jewels and Smith to win more faceoffs if 3rd formation is getting beat up.I can see why Highmore is here.

Trade needed to tighten up bottom 6.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So are you telling me Toews and Kane are running the offense and JC the defense?

Whatever, I'm just glad we saw some of Rasks top 6 and Saad/Kubs showed chemistry with Toews creating some chances. That pressure in turn helps Kane. Kampf is an energy counter attacker and can function with other pieces. I'd like to see him and Dach figure it out together with like Jewels, and then you have Nylander-Carp-Smith for your last line.

I like the way

SAAD-toews-Kubalik
CAT-Strome-Kane
(Dach-Kampf)-Jewels
Nylander/Wedin/Sikura-Carp-Smith

Protects alot of guys weaknesses. Maybe flip Jewels and Smith to win more faceoffs if 3rd formation is getting beat up.I can see why Highmore is here.

Trade needed to tighten up bottom 6.

Seriously? You want Bowman to make a trade?

I wouldn't trust him to trade marbles with an 8 yr old.