Replacement GM and Coach

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews or JC need to go.

Pick one and move forward. Dont give the survivor too long to prove themselves without the other either. Move this story along please.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we aren't gonna let him fix it then fire him now.
Who the hell is "we"? Don't include me in the insanity. He would've been gone a long time ago if I had any say so.
Apparently, you do. So do us all a favor and tell Rocky launch his ass and have him take his condesending old man with him.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Now they can't get their story straight with Seabrook.
He was a healthy scratch yesterday, not traveling with the team to check out health issues today, but the health issues have nothing to do with him being sctratched?

He is either healthy or not!

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
StanBo in his interview with The Athletic today says his plan is to stay the course and let things "play out.". Everything is going according to plan.

"Don't worry folks, we meant to hit that iceberg. The ice cold, waist deep water in the engine room is just due to routine maintenance and such."

Dropping Captain Bowman into a life boat and setting him adrift is years overdue.

Liked Posts:
I saw a Tweet from Chief earlier that Stanbo was at the Bruins game tonight and other Hawks' brass were seen at their game on Tuesday.

I know this is totally off the wall but are we about to witness Brent Seabrook become a Boston Bruin?
They have been trying to rid themselves of David Backes for a while now.
Would't that be insult on top of the salt rubbed into a wound?

Granada

Liked Posts:
I saw a Tweet from Chief earlier that Stanbo was at the Bruins game tonight and other Hawks' brass were seen at their game on Tuesday.

I know this is totally off the wall but are we about to witness Brent Seabrook become a Boston Bruin?
They have been trying to rid themselves of David Backes for a while now.
Would't that be insult on top of the salt rubbed into a wound?

I know Bowman is an idiot, but I highly doubt they were scouting Backes. Knowing how much he insatiable love of retreads, he was probably there to watch Nordstrom.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anthony Duclair who the Idiot let walk without even a qualifying offer.....speedy 24 year winger....just scored his 20th and now has more goals than Kaner. Sure, it may just be an NHL oddity but I'd take that oddity over a half dozen wingers playing on this team right now.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
I can't blame Bowman for Duclair. Any team with decent depth (including columbus last year) wasn't going to play him in a top 6 role. Ottawa gave him that chance and he looks to be back to rookie year rangers form...good for him.

If you can dump Seabrook with 5 more years left for Backes at 2 more years left you do that in a heartbeat. I honestly keep Seabrook healthy scratched until he asks for a trade. But I don't see anyone who will take that contract unless you are throwing a pick with it. You'd need a team that wants to buy him out or needs the cap hit on the books.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The only scouts wanting seabrook in the more physical east is watching film from 2013, not scouting the current guy. As soon as he got paid, he did not think he had to be that guy anymore. As far as throwing in a pick or players, its pretty obvious that has to happen.
The question is, if they start riding Lenhar, when will crow ask to be moved.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know Bowman is an idiot, but I highly doubt they were scouting Backes. Knowing how much he insatiable love of retreads, he was probably there to watch Nordstrom.

argue_with_that_blazing_saddles.gif

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
The only scouts wanting seabrook in the more physical east is watching film from 2013, not scouting the current guy. As soon as he got paid, he did not think he had to be that guy anymore. As far as throwing in a pick or players, its pretty obvious that has to happen.
The question is, if they start riding Lenhar, when will crow ask to be moved.

No updates from the recent 'medical evaluation' on Seabrook. The injuries that "had nothing to do with him being a healthy scratch", but also kept him from traveling with the team.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
After losing 7-1 having beat Colorado right before this....don't you have to fire JC? I mean if you are Bowman and DeBoer is out there....don't you try to save your job? I have never been a big fan of Bowman but at this point, this looks a lot more like coaching than team makeup you simply can't have this much inconsistency and not hold the coach accountable.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
I want Bowman gone.

I liked Colliton for as long as possible but it’s obvious the team isn’t responding to him anymore. He’s basically Chicago’s version of Hakstol at this point. Gone!

I don’t want Crawford near this team. An ugly distraction. Should have went the way of Babcock and Montgomery. But he’s coming back on the 2nd...why?

Find someone who won’t make glaringly obvious stupid trades a-la Jokiharju for Floplander and find an authoritative voice for the Locker Room that the kids and the vets will respect during this difficult time of flux.

I don’t have any suggestions for either but then I’m not in charge of an operation worth nearly a billion dollars.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
I would fire Colliton and put Crawford behind the bench. Then fire Bowman and let the new GM make the next coaching decision. This team isn't a cup winning team but I still think they are playing way way under their potential. It's only a matter of time before Kane asks out if they keep this up.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I would fire Colliton and put Crawford behind the bench. Then fire Bowman and let the new GM make the next coaching decision. This team isn't a cup winning team but I still think they are playing way way under their potential. It's only a matter of time before Kane asks out if they keep this up.
I tend to agree with you, Kaner has so much left in his tank, still top 10 in the league. It wont be long before we hear rumblings about his current displeasure with the team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I want Bowman gone.

I liked Colliton for as long as possible but it’s obvious the team isn’t responding to him anymore. He’s basically Chicago’s version of Hakstol at this point. Gone!

I don’t want Crawford near this team. An ugly distraction. Should have went the way of Babcock and Montgomery. But he’s coming back on the 2nd...why?

Find someone who won’t make glaringly obvious stupid trades a-la Jokiharju for Floplander and find an authoritative voice for the Locker Room that the kids and the vets will respect during this difficult time of flux.

I don’t have any suggestions for either but then I’m not in charge of an operation worth nearly a billion dollars.

When did they respond to him at all?
The only problem right now is they gave Crawford off til January 2nd, the break should be used for a coaching change, that means by Friday.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
When did they respond to him at all?
The only problem right now is they gave Crawford off til January 2nd, the break should be used for a coaching change, that means by Friday.
They didn’t give Crawford a holiday, he was under investigation by The NHL and Hawks wanted to make sure he name was clear of any wrong doing in the past.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For GM I would hire Ron Hextall. Let him fire JC and either put Crawford behind the bench or DeBoer.

If Shaw and/or DeHann have to retire (I am hearing it is likely for both) then you have an opportunity to make FA changes as 8 Million in cap space becomes available.

I think you have to tell the new coach to bench Seabrook. He seemed willing to get traded when JC benched him and my guess is he would be willing to do so again. Eat half the contract and move him if you can or pay the expansion Seattle team a second-rounder to take him off your hands.

Currently, the moveable assets the Hawks have are Lehner (I would hope you try to resign him before doing that), Crow (Modified no trade), Maata, Smith (MNT), DeHaan (if he gets healthy), and the most likely to go Saad.

Simply put this is very likely to be a long and painful process.
No way hextall puts up with the Grinch. The only GM we get is someone who can handle their boss being a dumbass marketing guy calling the shots. No hockey guy is going to want to walk into that. It's why Bowman is perfect for mcdick, he's a pencil pushing numbers guy playing video game hockey not big boy hockey.