Replacement GM and Coach

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Deboer has been hired by the Knights

Gallant and Laviolette are available. I would love to see one of them behind the Hawks bench, but every win makes that less likely.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Deboer has been hired by the Knights

Gallant and Laviolette are available. I would love to see one of them behind the Hawks bench, but every win makes that less likely.
It would be a huge upgrade to have Gallant behind the bench. He is a fantastic coach and would help this Hawks club no doubt.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Stan traded a 5th round pick for Kubalik who is leading all rookies with 18 goals, yet zero mention.

Poor Stan

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Stan traded a 5th round pick for Kubalik who is leading all rookies with 18 goals, yet zero mention.

Poor Stan

There has been plenty of mention, and adding to the list of other good finds like Kahun and Panarin.... And the realization that Stan has a tendancy to lose these types of players.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
There has been plenty of mention, and adding to the list of other good finds like Kahun and Panarin.... And the realization that Stan has a tendancy to lose these types of players.

yah that's the salary cap for ya. Hard to sustain success with 2 guys making 21 million. While Toews is playing better of late, he is extremely overpaid for his production value.

Granada

Liked Posts:
yah that's the salary cap for ya. Hard to sustain success with 2 guys making 21 million. While Toews is playing better of late, he is extremely overpaid for his production value.

Nothing (including the salary cap) prevented Stan from trading players like Panarin (for Saad), Danault (for garbage), Joker (for Nylander), etc.

Good on him for Kubalik, but his bad moves more than outweigh his good moves.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be a huge upgrade to have Gallant behind the bench. He is a fantastic coach and would help this Hawks club no doubt.

I think it would be hilarious to put Gallant into this mix. Some players and staff may be murdered though.

The thing with Gallant and Vegas was they had a sergeant type motivator type that sucked every last drop their bodies had to give in 2.5 seasons.

They started with a bunch of young fresh bodies and their answer due to city circumstances and hockey circumstances both was to put the gas pedal to the floor and out energy everybody on home ice (who were probably all hungover.)

Then they had Neal and Fleury which is a bit like our Kane/Crow package. A chance. What they found after 2.5 years is those guys have nothing left to give and its time to play smarter hockey not harder hockey, and Vegas had to make a change. At no point in time were they a club as good as their record, or good enough to win a cup against teams with firepower depth.

They were fresh and young and each had a fresh chip on their shoulder. So I don't know what Gallant can do for the Hawks except get really mad and find a few guys that can give a little more from back of roster. Everyone else is maxed out already.

Laviollette is probably headed for the Seattle rebuild...and Gallant might be the right guy to put us back on a viable path. Right now JC has hung on by the thinnest of margins and is making positive changes here and there. Maybe we need a young intellectual coach working through problems?

In my view both the Preds and Knights over reacted to the slightest of difficulty, much the same way the Hawks did the first time they faced even a little playoff doubt.

Axing a proven coach so fast seems the rash and easy move by desperate GM's. Too many firings across the league after this hotline business. I don't like how many spoons are stirring all these pots at once. Looks like coaches are answering for every misdeed in the social media era.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Nothing (including the salary cap) prevented Stan from trading players like Panarin (for Saad), Danault (for garbage), Joker (for Nylander), etc.

Good on him for Kubalik, but his bad moves more than outweigh his good moves.
I will take Panarin, Joker and Danault over Saad, Nylander and those 2 garbage trade deadline picks (Dale Weiss and Fleishman).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not so sure about that

Its speculated to be Laviollette as coach in Seattle, because he played with the chosen GM, then coached him, then worked for him or some shit. It would be a surprise at this point if Laviolette takes any other position as he is the front runner in Seattle.

I'd sign up to watch Gallant get one more run with Kane and these goalies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Stan on 3 strikes. I have been harsh, but more often a voice in his support.

1. The Seabrook Contract
2. Why Panarin isn't a Hawk for life automatically, contracts be damned.
3. JC for Q.

Its that last one...where he hangs by a thread. Them not being mutually exclusive things. Like...maybe Q had to happen. But JC is a miss and stings with Gallant/Laviollette available. So maybe we call it two balls. And the whole Danult thing is the other damning one...with Nylander...he on 3 balls and 2 strikes and needs to fire JC and install his last chance just to get on life support. If they wait until season is over might as well can Bowman as well.

If the Hawks shifted gears at the all star break, and let a refined coach steer the sinking of the titanic, I'd consider believing with some guys back and a trade or two.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I have Stan on 3 strikes. I have been harsh, but more often a voice in his support.

1. The Seabrook Contract
2. Why Panarin isn't a Hawk for life automatically, contracts be damned.
3. JC for Q.

Its that last one...where he hangs by a thread. Them not being mutually exclusive things. Like...maybe Q had to happen. But JC is a miss and stings with Gallant/Laviollette available. So maybe we call it two balls. And the whole Danult thing is the other damning one...with Nylander...he on 3 balls and 2 strikes and needs to fire JC and install his last chance just to get on life support. If they wait until season is over might as well can Bowman as well.

If the Hawks shifted gears at the all star break, and let a refined coach steer the sinking of the titanic, I'd consider believing with some guys back and a trade or two.

It's number 3 that really made my blood boil, especially considering Bowman's off-season that year (just before they fired Q), where he brought in utter garbage (Kunitz, Manning, Davidson, Ward). Bowman should have been axed for that alone and light years before Q.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Now that the Hawks are back out of Wild Card contention...
Any new candidates? Are Laviollette and Gallant the most qualified available coaches? (I would hate to see Bruce Boudreau behind the bench)
I still haven't seen much talk about GM options in this thread besides the Hunters

Granada

Liked Posts:
Now that the Hawks are back out of Wild Card contention...
Any new candidates? Are Laviollette and Gallant the most qualified available coaches? (I would hate to see Bruce Boudreau behind the bench)
I still haven't seen much talk about GM options in this thread besides the Hunters

I've hated Colliton ever since he was hired, but I will puke if Boudreau replaces him. At this point, I still think Crawford will be moved up (if Bowman even fires Colliton).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've hated Colliton ever since he was hired, but I will puke if Boudreau replaces him. At this point, I still think Crawford will be moved up (if Bowman even fires Colliton).

Not a huge fan of JC either but really....what is the actual % that falls on him? Look at this team. It's Kane, Toews, Saad and Kubby on offense with everyone else playing with a flat tire. Once again, Bowman has supplied nothing but past their prime shit. How can he look in the mirror with the defense pairings he has put together? How can he still have a job when exactly one defenseman he has drafted in the last 10 years is playing on this team? What makes it more ridiculous is the quality of the Dmen they do have.....he couldn't draft more than one guy in 10 years that could make this team? What? You could pull names out of a hat and do better job.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not a huge fan of JC either but really....what is the actual % that falls on him? Look at this team. It's Kane, Toews, Saad and Kubby on offense with everyone else playing with a flat tire. Once again, Bowman has supplied nothing but past their prime shit. How can he look in the mirror with the defense pairings he has put together? How can he still have a job when exactly one defenseman he has drafted in the last 10 years is playing on this team? What makes it more ridiculous is the quality of the Dmen they do have.....he couldn't draft more than one guy in 10 years that could make this team? What? You could pull names out of a hat and do better job.

I agree with all of this, but one of the reasons I hate Colliton is because, he's Bowman's guy too -- just like all those garbage acquisitions. That and, to me, the guy is just way too timid and way too smug (although he's gotten better this year; at least he doesn't sport that smirky little smile on his face in post-game pressers after his team just got their ass handed to them). Colliton, in my view, is responsible for not being able to get this team ready to play night-in and night-out -- yes, the players are responsible for that as well, but I just don't think Colliton is effective at leading this team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with all of this, but one of the reasons I hate Colliton is because, he's Bowman's guy too -- just like all those garbage acquisitions. That and, to me, the guy is just way too timid and way too smug (although he's gotten better this year; at least he doesn't sport that smirky little smile on his face in post-game pressers after his team just got their ass handed to them). Colliton, in my view, is responsible for not being able to get this team ready to play night-in and night-out -- yes, the players are responsible for that as well, but I just don't think Colliton is effective at leading this team.

A sweet little package deal involving McD giving both of them their pink slips would be nice.....I mean a new GM will want to name his own coach, right?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If his locker room speeches are anything like his post-game interviews, he is neither inspiring or energetic. Kind of like Stan.
The complete lack of energy and drive seems to reflect on the team.