Replacement GM and Coach

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
With all of the talk of firing Stan and JC (I am in favor) Who would you like to see take their place?
I don't even know who would be available. I have seen some people suggesting to let Marc Crawford take over the bench, but I don't know much about him, and I have no idea where to start with GM's!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Go to Marc Crawford for the rest of the year as interim. Then rebuild it all up.

Granada

Liked Posts:
With all of the talk of firing Stan and JC (I am in favor) Who would you like to see take their place?
I don't even know who would be available. I have seen some people suggesting to let Marc Crawford take over the bench, but I don't know much about him, and I have no idea where to start with GM's!

That's the thing; good question. Because many people wanted Q gone (I didn't; not in the slightest). They'd just yell "fire Q," but have absolutely no alternative. So what happened? They got their wish, only to get Colliton. Careful what you wish for.

Now admittedly, I hated Colliton from the word go. I don't hate him as much, but I still dislike him greatly. So of course, I would be fine with firing him; glad, even. Crawford has more experience as coaching in the NHL, and that alone makes him a better option. Do I think Crawford will work wonders ? No. I wouldn't even say he should necessarily be a long-term option; but rather, he would be a better place-holder than Colliton (once a better option would become available, after being fired from another team).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Marc Crawford spent most of his time in with colorado and vancoover, also coached LAKings and Dallas and a short stint in Ottawa
Career record of 556 and 431, never really delivered in the playoffs where he was 43-40

He has really been rebuilding his career after the 2004 incident where he was laughing and eventually named in a lawsuit for 19 million dollars when a players nose vertabraes were fractured when he apparently told his players to seek revenge.

The reason I say Stan can stay thru an interim basis is he still picked him to back up JC, so technically still his coach and his responsibility, then if this does not turn, let them both go.

My only problem is if the guy is keeping his yap shut instead of suggesting changes to JC, just so he can be named head coach. I guess that is human nature.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Who is the guy that was climbing here in ended up going to GM Montreal I think? I don't know how he did there though but I always thought he was good in this organization I may be too drunk to remember his name right now though al mc something maybe, or Marc something?

vadarx

when reason fails, the devil helps!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is the guy that was climbing here in ended up going to GM Montreal I think? I don't know how he did there though but I always thought he was good in this organization I may be too drunk to remember his name right now though al mc something maybe, or Marc something?
Marc Bergevin.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fire JC.

let Crawford take over. if no playoffs, fire Bowman, Crawford, and rest of the coaching staff.

Hire the Hunters to coach/GM.

profit.

I mostly agree, but I'd rather not have it take the whole season. Replace JC and leave MC as interim, then fire Stan and let his replacement pick the new coach (hopefully both are Hunters).

vadarx

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mostly agree, but I'd rather not have it take the whole season. Replace JC and leave MC as interim, then fire Stan and let his replacement pick the new coach (hopefully both are Hunters).
o, I would love to see Bowman shitcanned along with JC, but I doubt that happens. thus, my hope is he is let go next spring after we miss the playoffs yet again.

sadly, I have this feeling that instead we are gonna see him get to select one more head coach before he is let go....

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
o, I would love to see Bowman shitcanned along with JC, but I doubt that happens. thus, my hope is he is let go next spring after we miss the playoffs yet again.

sadly, I have this feeling that instead we are gonna see him get to select one more head coach before he is let go....

Yep. And wouldn't Rocky be paying for three coaches at once (Q, JC, and new guy)? Two of which were picked by Stan.
Not good.

vadarx

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. And wouldn't Rocky be paying for three coaches at once (Q, JC, and new guy)? Two of which were picked by Stan.
Not good.
yeah, he would... probably another reason they both end up here all season, now that you mention it....

edit: now that I think on it a minute, does Q having a new job now cancel out the Blackhawks having to pay his contract?

edit #2: yeah, the 'hawks are no longer paying Q as the Panthers had to pay him the 6 million owed by the 'hawks this year.

vadarx

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
also, JC is only owed 1.4 next season and what remains of this season. so that's not too awful.

pretty sure Rockwell can afford it....

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Bowman is responsible for this train-wreck of a team. Good Riddance if he's finally canned.

No idea why the team came around after a miserable beginning under Colliton last year but it isn't working this year even w/ a modestly improved roster. It wasn't just down to Strome reconnecting w/ DeBrincat either.

Too many every-day players now long-gone to other rosters: that's down to Bowman. Trading players who could really help now and in the long-term future for players they could have gained anywhere (Jokiharju for Nylander; defense needed badly he trades for flash) and that's down to Bowman. Drafting in the same way: Dach (who supposedly will stay all year and that's a mistake more than likely) over Byram who projects as a D-man any team salivates over? Guess who?

Meanwhile the team just isn't forging a path ahead under Colliton now for whatever reasons. Constant line-tinkering (during games no less) has not helped. Got a line that's working fantastically (Kampf-Kubalik-Saad) split it up. Got one that worked superbly last year and no reason it shouldn't this one either? Split it up. Colliton would split up peanut butter and chocolate and add onions apparently.

Ain't working. Team has little identity now except "Let's pretend our zone is encircled by a tractor beam" and it's painful to watch. Marc Crawford wasn't brought here to be second-fiddle to an experiment; as far as GM who knows. Maybe we trade Seabrook to Seattle for Ron Francis who can't wait another two years to do some trench work.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with "Crawford as interim" once they let go of JC.

Not sure who I'd like to see as the main guy for both the coach or GM on a non-interim level. However, I do think there needs to be new eyes on the situation which are more objective than anyone in the system currently. Someone who can accurately identify the needs of the team without succumbing to nostalgia (i.e. if Seabs is playing like a #7 they play him like a #7 and not reminisce about his glory years), and put together a system that can properly develop the kids, get a buy-in from the vets, and make the transition from the vets to the kids seamlessly.

I just fear if they go inside the organization that nostalgia would creep in and they wouldn't shut down any core member who's in prima donna mode.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a very dangerous time.

With Kane angry it forces deciding what the problems are upstairs with reputations on the line...

I have a fear we will do something really stupid like bite on an offer from Buffalo for Kane. Or ship Toews and Crow to Montreal.

Then JC and SB can find out how brilliant their system is without these lifetime "hockey hacks."

But heh, we are at the forefront of statistical analysis. So...

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

With Kane angry and forces deciding what the problems are upstairs with reputations on the line...

I have a fear we will do something really stupid like bite on an offer from Buffalo for Kane. Or ship Toews and Crow to Montreal.

Then JC and SB can find out how brilliant their system is without these lifetime "hockey hacks."

Toews and CC to Montreal, sure thing and Kane getting shipped, not happening. No need to fear. MTL have a 10.5 million dollar goalie and a 3 million dollar backup in Kinkaid why would CC go there because he from Montreal.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

With Kane angry and forces deciding what the problems are upstairs with reputations on the line...

How do you Know Kane is angry?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m sure they can give arcorsi a couple mil to do a gm search. It’s worked out great for the bears

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
fire JC.

let Crawford take over. if no playoffs, fire Bowman, Crawford, and rest of the coaching staff.

Hire the Hunters to coach/GM.

profit.

I like that idea. The hunters will demand a lot from the players.