Report: Bulls to show interest in Randle

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WCJ could learn things from him. Nice depth move.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I like Randle. He declined on 9m, but I'd only want him sub 12mil a year. For this team, he's sadly not worth much more and could pull around 15m somewhere else IMO.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Really good offensive player, probably will get a better offer elsewhere as mentioned above.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Don't see the fit here.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
In a guard/swingman dominant league...the Bulls FO sure loves some bigs...

Randle is a nice player but I don't get it with Lauri and WCJ around. Let those guys get their minutes and develop.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Any chance bulls could manage to get Marcus Morris and Patrick Beverly?

PG 1- Beverly PG 2- Dunn
SG 1- Lavine SG 2- White
SF 1- Porter SF 2- Denzel
PF 1- Markannen PF 2- Morris
C 1- Carter C 2- Gafford

They’d actually have a decent roster. I doubt they can afford both those guys anyway

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
In a guard/swingman dominant league...the Bulls FO sure loves some bigs...

Randle is a nice player but I don't get it with Lauri and WCJ around. Let those guys get their minutes and develop.

You have to have some depth. They literally don’t have bigs besides the two you mentioned that can play productive minutes

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The only reason a player like Randle makes any sense, is because Lauri is not an 82-game a year player. If he somehow becomes an ironman, that would be against all odds and barely possible.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Really good offensive player, probably will get a better offer elsewhere as mentioned above.
Randle plays unbelievable against the bulls, but for some reason he cant really find a home so apparently its locker room related or he just takes nights off. I think he definitely picks a team he gets to start on, you know, all you gotta do is play decent and you are guaranteed 40 million a year.

Hell, 31.6 million is not enough to rehab an injury and possibly play in 16 games of the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't see the fit here.
he would replace the minutes of Robin Lopez...and be part of a 3 man rotation of primary forwards ahead of what are depth guys...absolutley needed if Lopez is gone...especially since the other two are leaning in the injury prone direction.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Randle can get buckets, he's proved that. Don't see him coming here though. Imo it's more likely the rumors of Brogdon end up becoming reality

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think this is just his agent trying to get a team like the Knicks to give a bigger offer. Talented offensive player and rebounder, but absolutely worthless on defense. He was 3rd to last among centers in defensive RPM. I think it makes more sense to bring in a cheaper vet, like a Taj Gibson, that will help the team in other areas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is just his agent trying to get a team like the Knicks to give a bigger offer. Talented offensive player and rebounder, but absolutely worthless on defense. He was 3rd to last among centers in defensive RPM. I think it makes more sense to bring in a cheaper vet, like a Taj Gibson, that will help the team in other areas.

Maybe they are dumb enough to think they can pair Randle/WCJ together as an offense/defense balance, and trade Lauri for a bunch of picks they will blow, but can tell their boss they are building toward something.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Thats what happens when you play a power forward at center.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
What's our cap situation look like?

D-Lo Russell a possibility?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's our cap situation look like?

D-Lo Russell a possibility?
its a good fit, but I think out of their slot by the number of teams, even Lakers...hahaha...interested.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If they're going to use a large portion of cap on one player, I'd rather it be Brogdan. The Bulls need two way players and at 27 years old on a 4 year deal, the Bulls would have him in his prime the length of the contract.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
its a good fit, but I think out of their slot by the number of teams, even Lakers...hahaha...interested.

But does he want to go back to the Lakers? The qualifying offer was only 9.2 million, the Nets used as an insurance policy if Irving does not sign, but odds are Russell is gonna get a Lavine type offer, or at least 4/70/ Maybe that offer could come from us, but with White, Archie, Dunn, Valentine on the roster, dont see much playing time. Yeah, I put Valentine there because I dont know where he fits.