Review of Draft Capital Spent Since 2017

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
take away his drop this season and than think on that, he's golden man. Last season for rookie he was pure, he got hurt and then we sucked.

I can't take away his drops, they happened.

He has not been productive this season, has dropped passes, and has lots reps to Wims.

What about that is not disappointing?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can't take away his drops, they happened.

He has not been productive this season, has dropped passes, and has lots reps to Wims.

What about that is not disappointing?
your right..i just gotta stop thinking of the past and get with the program of what happening this year, but if i was betting on him, i would take it that AM will show up this season, here's to hoping he shows up vs the Saints if Mitch is capable. I had liked AM before the BEARS drafted him. he has to much talent to be a waste IMO.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We all knew that the way Pace went about building this roster, trading up to get his guy, if his guy doesn't work out - your pretty well screwed.

Also, I wasn't so crazy about the Mack trade because I felt this is something you do if you're only missing one piece. We knew that Trubisky could potentially be a big problem if he doesn't take the next step - that's exactly what has happened.

If the offense doesn't start putting points on the board, it's going to be hard getting excited about this team. We are going to have a long couple of years wishing he had those draft picks.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Mack is on the team and he's a lot of fun to watch. He instantly changed the defense from top ten to top 3 or so. But to me the timing was wrong. If the o-line continues to regress...it's going to get ugly before it gets better.
The Mack trade is one you make when it's available. Pace could get those picks back tomorrow. I think I'll keep him.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This isn't a thread that is meant to talk about specific trades, draft picks, or anything else and debate the merits of them on an individual basis. This is simply evaluating the Bears for what they've gotten out of the past three drafts. So in essence, we're talking 21 draft picks (getting a 2017 4th from Buffalo; gave up a 2017 6th for Khari Lee). Ok, here it is

Starters
QB - Mitchell Trubisky
S - Eddie Jackson
DE - Khalil Mack
LB - Roquan Smith
C - James Daniels
RB - James Montgomery

High Level Subs
RB - Tarik Cohen

Roster Depth
TE - Adam Sheehan
DE - Bilal Nichols
WR - Anthony Miller
LB - Joel Iyiegbuniwe
WR - Javon Wims
WR - Riley Ridley
CB - Duke Shelley
RB - Kerrith Whyte Jr.
CB - Stephen Denmark

Not on roster
G - Jordan Morgan
DE - Kylie Fitts

Future Picks Traded
2020 #1 (Mack)
2020 #3 (Mack)
2020 #4 (Montgomery)

Picks Acquired
2020 #2 (Oakland - Mack)
2020 #5/6 (Philadelphia - Howard)

Review of trades
- Traded #3, #67, #111 in 2017; #70 in 2018 for Mitchell Trubisky (#2)
- Traded #36, #221 in 2017 for #45 (Adam Sheehan), #119, #197 (Essentially Eddie Jackson) in 2017, #115 (Joel Iyiegbuniwe) in 2018
- Traded #119, #197 for Eddie Jackson (#112)

- Traded #105, #56 in 2019 for Anthony Miller (#51)

- Traded #87, #162, 2020 #4 for David Montgomery (#73), Duke Shelley (#205)

Review
This isn't a "let's shit on Pace" thread because it's obvious that some draft picks/trades of picks has worked out fantastic but this is just an overview of the past three drafts and where the Bears sit in terms of future cheap, roster talent. It also speaks to how well Pace is or isn't doing at hitting on picks. There was a lot of discussion a few years ago that Pace had shown a knack for hitting on late picks that his aggressive nature would be washed out by "out drafting" his spots but as the sample has grown, Pace's ability to "hit" on picks looks far more normal than something bankable.

Nichols is a starter. Was out of training camp and still is

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We all knew that the way Pace went about building this roster, trading up to get his guy, if his guy doesn't work out - your pretty well screwed.

Also, I wasn't so crazy about the Mack trade because I felt this is something you do if you're only missing one piece. We knew that Trubisky could potentially be a big problem if he doesn't take the next step - that's exactly what has happened.

If the offense doesn't start putting points on the board, it's going to be hard getting excited about this team. We are going to have a long couple of years wishing he had those draft picks.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Mack is on the team and he's a lot of fun to watch. He instantly changed the defense from top ten to top 3 or so. But to me the timing was wrong. If the o-line continues to regress...it's going to get ugly before it gets better.
We had a team that could of won the super bowl last year, except for the kicker. SO Mack came here at the right time

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't get me wrong, I like that Mack is on the team. But those were the questions I had as soon as it went down. Just my opinion, but two first round picks is only something I would give up for a younger, proven QB.

Like Cutler? It was well worth the price for Mack. If he remains healthy, he will be a HoF.