Rivera wants Bears HC Position

meangreek

Liked Posts:
I do remember Lovie saying trust me when he didn't resign Chico, I think our defense went to shit the next year. 5-11 or 9-7 after the super bowl. Then we had double B who sucked and lovie called play and he sucked. So time does change memories for some

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
source.gif

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
How would Rivera be a “reach” though? It’s also not like his success was 10 years ago. He was in the super bowl 5 years ago. Might have won too if Cam could jump on a fumble in the super bowl.

You can't be serious. I liked your comment about "too proven" and "doesn't call trick plays twice a drive" because I thought those were clever slams on dumb ass owners and Nagy's dumb ass moments.

You don't bail on a HC in middle or front end of a deal for a just-fired coach. The reputation Chicago would have for coach-killing would make us instantly the WORST franchise in the eyes of owners, GMs, players all of NFL. It's a nonsense notion that while it opens up for good zingers like your first comment needs to be summarily dismissed as easily as aliens on the fricking moon.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
3 playoff years out of 9, two coming in the first three seasons, and a SB loss doesn't exactly fill me up with warm memories. Let the excuses for why you elevate a mediocre coach commence.

You are not wrong just that Lovie > Trestman, Jauron, Wannstedt, Ditka, Gibron basically everyone except Halas and Nagy (due to not enough data).

Bears have more than just an issue getting a QB in their 100-year history.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m just going to chalk up you not being able to follow a conversation to boomers not know how to use the internet.
Boomers invented the interwebs, boob jobs and thongs. ?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You are not wrong just that Lovie > Trestman, Jauron, Wannstedt, Ditka, Gibron basically everyone except Halas and Nagy (due to not enough data).

Bears have more than just an issue getting a QB in their 100-year history.

Can't put Lovie ahead of Ditka when Ditka actually had a ton of success, though I feel like he also wasted what could've been a dynasty.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he had better catchers, Rivera may of had his SB.

Last edited:

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I do remember Lovie saying trust me when he didn't resign Chico, I think our defense went to shit the next year. 5-11 or 9-7 after the super bowl. Then we had double B who sucked and lovie called play and he sucked. So time does change memories for some
Lovie never went 5-11 ANYTIME after the super bowl...

It appears time does change memories. Namely yours...

BEARS

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can't put Lovie ahead of Ditka when Ditka actually had a ton of success, though I feel like he also wasted what could've been a dynasty.

I'll grant it's debateable but I feel like Lovie got more out of his talent taking them to two NFCC games and one SB than Ditka did because he should have had more with his greater talent but consistently got outcoached by Walsh, Parcells, and Gibbs, so I usually fall under the camp of Lovie > Ditka ... BUT I won't pick that fight to draw a debating line and die on that hill for that particular cause.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
SB appearances? Lovie had one, and he lost because of his shit gameplan and complete failure to make in-game adjustments. He completed squandered a generational defense. Just because he's at the top of the trash heap doesn't make him any better than the garbage around him. It's like asking who's the Bears best QB. Who gives a flying fuck? They all pretty much suck.

When Bill Belichek was HC in with Cleveland he was going no where....he also had no Qb. He was thought of as garbage.
N.E. takes a chance on him. He hooks with Bledsoe and Brady. The rest is history. So the point I'm making is 90% of the time, you show me a so called bad HC and u can bet he has Qb problems.

SB appearances? Lovie had one, and he lost because of his shit gameplan and complete failure to make in-game adjustments. He completed squandered a generational defense.

Two things here 1) Smith should have continued the aggressive rush on Manning, he instead went that "cover2 D" . Bad move. On the other hand, Grossman literally threw the game away. 2) It was that "generational defense" that kept us in most and got us to SB. Is Smith the greatest ever?....far from it. Did he do well to get us to SB without a Qb?...yes.

It's like asking who's the Bears best QB.
EXACTLY. Therein lies the problem with most of our past HC's. No good Qb

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its inappropriate for a head coach to comment on an occupied position. Bad start.

I think pagano is a disappointment and I'd be open to offering him DC autonomy under Nagy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'll grant it's debateable but I feel like Lovie got more out of his talent taking them to two NFCC games and one SB than Ditka did because he should have had more with his greater talent but consistently got outcoached by Walsh, Parcells, and Gibbs, so I usually fall under the camp of Lovie > Ditka ... BUT I won't pick that fight to draw a debating line and die on that hill for that particular cause.

I never liked all the Ditka histrionics after the SB win. On the other hand, I like what Ditka did. He was at the time.....the kick in the pants we needed to start winning.
Now....just like I've been saying, teams need a reliable Qb. Ditka didn't have one after McMahon. Jim Harbaugh had potential, but Ditka mishandled him.

Last edited:

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Ron will be in NY with the Giants.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I heard Leslie Frazier will be available.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This thread just reminded me that I need to pick up meatballs on the way home from work because my fiance is making spaghetti tonight.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
We would be idiotic to get rid of Nagy. Going from Fox to Nagy is about as good as it gets. He's 10x the coach of Trestman, Jauron, Wanndstedt as well. Only legit coaches this organization has had are Halas, Ditka and Lovie.