Roaming baseball thoughts

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I think the Dodgers are going to struggle early and then find themselves in a dog fight for the West crown with the Giants and...the Padres.

I think the Angels are going to win 95+ but the pitching is going to cap their success. Their window is surprisingly small for a team that has drafted and developed so well. They're going to fall into bad money territory soon so now's the time to win another ring.

I think Matheny is going to be the limiting factor in the Cards success. I think St. Loo wins the division but Cincy will be right there with them. I also think Latos takes a big step forward and turns into a really nice 2.

If Gallardo is ever going to become a serious Cy Young contender, now is the time.

Cameron Maybin might not become a superstar but I think the dude can turn in a nice 20-40 season this year.

Yankees and Red Sox are going to be really close in record, and that's not a good thing for either team.

Tampa's offense is being limited by their defensive fetish. It's almost sick how much they value defense. They need to break that habit IMO.

I think Sale logs 200+ innings. I think he'll be fine this year.

Detroit needs to add one more bat. I like their lineup but it goes only because of Miggy. If he goes down for any stretch of time the offense will struggle IMO. He knew it and that's why he played through some serious pain last year.

Heyward, Upton, Upton is going to be fun as hell to watch.

Mike Morse will end up with 25+ HR's and have a surprisingly productive season. Won't matter much in SEA.

The Nationals will win 105+. If Werth plays a full season that is THE team in the East. Even without the Werth health they're still the prohibitive favorite.

That's all for now.