Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And there he goes... Is Madrigal far behind?

From Hahn...

“In terms of what that means for his timeline to Chicago, it’s premature to speculate along those lines,” Hahn said. “The two goals for him were to get him through the season healthy and at age 21 to acclimate himself to the AA Southern League and perform well at that level.

“He’s ready for that next challenge.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicag...is-robert-hints-at-promotion-to-aaa-charlotte

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robert might not be stopped by the current White Sox 3rd and 4th OF's slumping. Just hit .300 at AAA and wait for the pressure to mount.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robert went off in his first AAA game. He was 3-5 with 2 home runs, a sac fly, 2 runs scored and 7 RBIs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There are highlights in this summary.

"They say you only have one chance to make a good first impression.
It's safe to say that Luis Robert made more than a good impression with the Charlotte Knights. In his Triple-A debut on Thursday, the White Sox No. 1 prospect crushed a grand slam to left field, putting the Knights ahead 9-2. It was his first hit with the Knights."

https://news.yahoo.com/white-sox-prospect-luis-robert-004417939.html

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really sure about current eligibility rules regarding rookie contracts... but, should we expect to see Robert in September? Or would that burn a year off his rookie deal?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not really sure about current eligibility rules regarding rookie contracts... but, should we expect to see Robert in September? Or would that burn a year off his rookie deal?

I'm not an expert either but I believe a September call up would start his clock.

I think they're going to let him finish up in AAA with an eye on bringing him up next year after they secure another year of control.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he hits like he did his first night in AAA you can't really keep him there long.

He doesn't belong there, Vaughn/Robert/Jiminez are all too good at hitting to hold back for long.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Tonight... 2-4 with a triple, homer, 2 runs scored and a RBI...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do believe Madrigal was a graduating senior too, so well schooled and ready to come up sooner than later. On the out chance that Vaughn were to be a June call-up next year...

or maybe it doesn't matter...White Sox will be back above .500 in the summer of 2020, if not by the end of this year. Play-offs are now something they should compete for. They have the bats. The Yankees, Dodgers, and Houston have bats too, for a while to come, but this team won't be a joke soon.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
After a night off Wednesday, Robert was back terrorizing AAA pitching tonight. He went 2-5 with two home runs.

AVG. .433 OPS 1.553

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After a night off Wednesday, Robert was back terrorizing AAA pitching tonight. He went 2-5 with two home runs.

AVG. .433 OPS 1.553

Just read an article speculating he might force a September call up and start 2020 with big club. Not sure of merit.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point I would prefer they call Robert up this year and see how he does against MLB pitching.

You saw it with Moncada.... first time up, didn't crush the MLB, needed time to adjust to the MLB pitching/speed.

You are seeing it this year with Eloy.... first time up, hitting well at times, but needs time to adjust to the MLB pitching/speed.

Can be pretty sure Robert will come up and need time to adjust to the MLB level.... do that sooner than later.

If he comes up and needs no time adjusting, then he belongs and yeah you lose a year of control but you make more progress on the rebuild.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping they just let him develop in AAA, keep him there until May/June and keep the extra year, with these back-end of rebuild guys it will matter.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was hoping they just let him develop in AAA, keep him there until May/June and keep the extra year, with these back-end of rebuild guys it will matter.

If he keeps crushing AAA... bring him up.

We're starting Adam "I am allergic to hitting" Engel at CF tonight

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be patient ya cucks. Play the system and let him grow. He will be up. I understand the want to win now but yall in it for the long haul. Conserve your control and when ya ready. Make a move. 2015 Cubs should be the what you look for, but you not there yet. This season is nothing.