Robert Schmitz breaks down how wide open Mitch’s targets were against Denver

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My pet theory is that he's inside his own head. Especially when you see him looking down an open target, and then getting scared to make a mistake and taking the check down. Or him getting overexcited and overthrowing. I think that's why (generally) his stats are mediocre to shitty up until the moment where he has to make some shit happen, and then just fucking plays. Outside of a few plays (e.g. that Amos interception week 1) he's been very, very good in the clutch. Fixable? I hope so. But who knows. I'm hoping that a solid performance against the Skins fixes his brane.
My pet theory is that MITCHELL is playing like a LIL BITCHELL

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
On that play, there are 11 fucking seconds left in the 1st half and Cohen is standing by himself at the Bears own 30 with no timeouts left. The Broncos would gladly let anyone catch that and run the clock out.
Then fucking give him the ball?? What’s the alternative??? They weren’t exactly trying for a Hail Mary there

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He's using a play where all the other receivers are covered and he says 'look how open the RB is behind the QB for a wide open pass!'

It's fucking stupid. If guys are so wide open then why not show us down field? Cohen is literally behind the QB. Any RB in that position should be wide the fuck open.
Again, then give him the ball?? What the fuck else are you going to do throw it so somebody who’s not open AGAIN

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
On that play, there are 11 fucking seconds left in the 1st half and Cohen is standing by himself at the Bears own 30 with no timeouts left. The Broncos would gladly let anyone catch that and run the clock out.

Lmao everyone needs to read this. These stills are evidence of very little IF you only look at the WR’s and defenders. Consider context please.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
I almost wish Mitchell had an excuse for his poor vision like he was high or drunk or diabetic.

Are there any (legal) drugs out there that improve focus and vision? Perhaps DSM can volunteer for beta trials if there are any in development.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Leomaz this is why it was a disappointing win, imo. Mitch was suppose to be that dude this year and take over games. All through camp we were told he's taken the next step and the offense is a step above where it was last year. Turns out that was all a lie. If Mitch continues down this path, the whole season will be disappointing even if the Bears somehow squeak into the playoffs because the Bears don't have a franchise QB and have to start all over while wasting a SB caliber defense.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I almost wish Mitchell had an excuse for his poor vision like he was high or drunk or diabetic.

Are there any (legal) drugs out there that improve focus and vision? Perhaps DSM can volunteer for beta trials if there are any in development.
They are called glasses or contacts... ??

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Then fucking give him the ball?? What’s the alternative??? They weren’t exactly trying for a Hail Mary there
The alternative is the have a play call that actually gets them 25 yards and a chance at a long field goal right before the half. That didn't happen though. They might as well have just ran Monty on a draw up the middle.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
EEr60PnX4Ac9O7f.jpg

Another gem of a 'wide open pass' that mitch of course hit. IIRC miller got 2 yards out of this one. Let's definitely not try to stretch the field at all.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
EEr62RfXoAAbQm8.jpg

Another idiotic take. No shit the guys sitting at the bears 35 yard line are wide open. Completing a pass here with only 8 seconds left almost guarantees the Bears don't score.

I'm gonna pass on this moron's analysis and wait for Adipost.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
EEr60PnX4Ac9O7f.jpg

Another gem of a 'wide open pass' that mitch of course hit. IIRC miller got 2 yards out of this one. Let's definitely not try to stretch the field at all.
But arent short passes and runs the foundation of the West Coast Offense Nagy system is built off?

Maybe Nagys thought is if you cant execute the short stuff how can you hit the long stuff?

greg23

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight:

he had a bunch of wide open receivers
he hit most of those wide open receivers
he was coached all week to get rid of the ball quickly to avoid miller/chubb

and this shows he had a horrible game.....come again???

he didn't do much because he wasn't asked to do much and was coached to not do too much.

This guy is probably destined to be alex smith at best and blake bortels at worst.....he's still a work in progress....expecting he'll carry the offense is probably not too realistic.....however, game planning for him should involve stretching the field vs playing everything near the LOS as that gets easy to defend, and makes it harder to score as you get into the redzone.

Wash - Min- Oak next 3 followed by BYE......has a chance to get better vs two of those defenses.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight:

he had a bunch of wide open receivers
he hit most of those wide open receivers
he was coached all week to get rid of the ball quickly to avoid miller/chubb

and this shows he had a horrible game.....come again???

he didn't do much because he wasn't asked to do much and was coached to not do too much.

This guy is probably destined to be alex smith at best and blake bortels at worst.....he's still a work in progress....expecting he'll carry the offense is probably not too realistic.....however, game planning for him should involve stretching the field vs playing everything near the LOS as that gets easy to defend, and makes it harder to score as you get into the redzone.

Wash - Min- Oak next 3 followed by BYE......has a chance to get better vs two of those defenses.

A QB is supposed to pass for touchdowns and when he doesn't for the second week in a row, it doesn't reflect well on his performance.

greg23

Liked Posts:
A QB is supposed to pass for touchdowns and when he doesn't for the second week in a row, it doesn't reflect well on his performance.

well we made it to the redzone ONE time....and scored a TD.

he needs some mojo; maybe mon vs the skins will do it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well we made it to the redzone ONE time....and scored a TD.

he needs some mojo; maybe mon vs the skins will do it.
He has scored ZERO TDs.

Thanks.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Oye this whole thing is dumb. After rewatching the game I noted all the plays and how they ended up. Since screens are glorified runs I called them runs. The result was 37 'runs' to 19 passes. If you also lump in the quick hitting throws that are aimed to be quick drop back short yardage passes (and are really 3-7 yard passes), the number drops to 46 runs to 10 passes 5 of which came in the last 31 seconds.

The point being, the bears weren't throwing and when they were it was quick little passes. This open shit is meaningless. There are three plays in my mind he could have done better on: 1) the Cohen deep throw; 2) Gabriel throw - needs to riffle it in there; and 3) the Montgomery throw just before half on the fly route.

The game plan was to control the ball and not let the broncos flip the game with their edge rushers and corners. It worked albeit barely. There are things that need to improve, but the play in this game by Mitch is being largely overplayed. Had the Packers not been such a cluster, I think no one has a major issue with this one.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
EEr61ruXsAEoBbX.jpg:large

Look how wide open cohen was! lmao stfu with this stupid shit. I can't.

Yup, exactly this.

Frankly, its because of vultures like this guy with his bullshit analysis hot take garbage that end up being much of the reason fans can't just have a decent convo about Mitch in the first place without it going into all out war. Because some fans looking for confirmation bias gravitate towards this stuff as validation, when reality is most of these people are pulling this stuff out of their ass, never worked in football, don't factor in things like the scheme, the play call, whether receivers in a formation are there as decoys for a certain part of the play, etc.

And that doesn't mean I am defending Mitch. It just means a lot of this stuff is garbage.