Robinson wants to be a Bear 4 Life...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
the real question i have is would ridley have caught either of those 2 jump balls in the end zone the other night......ridley must not be impressing
Ridley is a totally different player, not a jump ball type guy.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the real question i have is would ridley have caught either of those 2 jump balls in the end zone the other night......ridley must not be impressing

supposedly he questioned nagy's on some routes and has been in the dog house...no idea if its true but would make sense as to why he hasn't gotten much time until now due to injuries. Assuming robinson, miller, wims and ridley are the guys the bears are left with, it would make sense to add speed receiver to open up things underneath. robinson, wims and ridley are all possession type receivers.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Can we at least acknowledge that Robinson wanting to be the all time leading Bears Wideout is a rather mediocre bar.

Let's consider that Marshall was 12th in just three seasons. The Bears have been rather comical in their ability to produce anything good at wide receiver. Considering the receiving record is barely over 5,000 yards, my reaction to Robinson's statement is a bit of an eye roll. The record should truly belong to Alshon. One more season would have made him first in yardage, could have chipped away to be top 3 in TDs, and could have likely had the receptions record in three more seasons.

With that said, he should be extended/resigned. He's clearly one of the bright spots of the offense and we would be idiots to let him walk away.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wims should have caught both of those balls.

Both great passes that Wims had a chance to catch but I would be surprised if a catch like that has an over 50% success rate.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Ok we are starting to overvalue our own players. He is not even close to a top 5 WR. He is currently 20th in yards and 25th in yards per game. All while being 9th in targets. Some of that is Trubs struggles but at the same time Trubs is pretty dependent on him.

His is a good possession WR. He lacks the big play ability and the YAC of the truly elite WRs in the NFL and in a competent offense probably doesn't get as much targets as he does in the Bears offense.
Name 10 receivers better than Arob, annnnnnnnndddddddddddd GO!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Name 10 receivers better than Arob, annnnnnnnndddddddddddd GO!

Please refer to post 34. Pick any 10 you want but there are certainly at least 10.

Edit, I quoted the relevant part below and have bolded the ones I think most would say are better at this point. OBJ I was a bit iffy on as he has had a poor year but I think if you asked most GM's they would still say he is more talented than ARob.

This argument is laughably. First the discussion is top 5 not top 10. You trying to move the goalposts to make your argument appear more reasonable.

Second, it is 2019 not 2015. Touting his 1,400 yard season which thus far is his only season over 1,000 yards is laughably. Every single one of those guys you mentioned have multiple 1,000 yard seasons not just 1.

WRs with more thousand yard seasons than ARob that are still good - MThomas, Hopkins, OBJ, Hill, Julio, Cooper, Edelman, Landry, Allen,

Young Guys who have surpassed ARob this year - Godwin, Moore, Golladay, Chark, Sutton, Gallup,

Guys who missed time but considered better - Adams

Now you can quibble with some of those names but I would challenge anyone that is going to pretend that out of those 17 names, ARob somehow is in the top 5. Get real.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This argument is laughably. First the discussion is top 5 not top 10. You trying to move the goalposts to make your argument appear more reasonable.

Second, it is 2019 not 2015. Touting his 1,400 yard season which thus far is his only season over 1,000 yards is laughably. Every single one of those guys you mentioned have multiple 1,000 yard seasons not just 1.

WRs with more thousand yard seasons than ARob that are still good - MThomas, Hopkins, OBJ, Hill, Julio, Cooper, Edelman, Landry, Allen,

Young Guys who have surpassed ARob this year - Godwin, Moore, Golladay, Chark, Sutton, Gallup,

Guys who missed time but considered better - Adams, Hill

Now you can quibble with some of those names but I would challenge anyone that is going to pretend that out of those 17 names, ARob somehow is in the top 5. Get real.

Great it is perfectly fine if you want to put him in that company. So long as you understand that stats also put him 20th in total yards and 25th in yards per game. Your problem is you want to cherry pick a stat that suits your argument. ARob is a low end No 1 WR at best. He is nowhere near the top 5.
Michael Thomas
Hopkins
Hill
Julio
Allen
Godwin

^ That's the group better than Robinson

OBJ (He's more talented than Robinson but he's a little bitch who hurts his team with his bitchness. Robinson is a total pro, Odell would've been complaining his ass off if he was on the Bears this year).
Adams
Cooper
Edelman
Moore

^ That's the group that is arguable

Sutton
Chark
Landry
Golladay
Gallup
Cooper

^ That's the group Robinson is better than.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Michael Thomas
Hopkins
Hill
Julio
Allen
Godwin

OBJ (He's more talented than Robinson but he's a little bitch who hurts his team with his bitchness. Robinson is a total pro, Odell would've been complaining his ass off if he was on the Bears this year).
Adams
Cooper
Edelman
Moore

Sutton
Chark
Landry
Golladay
Gallup
Cooper

Mike Evans is better too. I would argue Cooper is better, and I don't think Golladay is for sure worse. He's really good. Maybe Cooper Kupp too. You also forgot JuJu and TY Hilton although they've had a tough year because of injuries and weak QB play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Michael Thomas
Hopkins
Hill
Julio
Allen
Godwin

Adams
Cooper
Edelman
Moore

Sutton
Chark
Landry
Golladay
Gallup
Cooper

Think this is awfully generous to Arob. OBJ Has been in the league for 5 years and has 1300 or more yards 3 times. Got 1,052 yards last year in 12 games while ARob in 12 games only got 754. This year in a down year he has 844 yards compared to ARob's 898. Bitching or not he is simply a better WR based on talent and production and it really isn't close.

The others you can claim are arguable but right now ARob stands 20 in yards and 25 in YPG. It is a tough sell to claim he somehow jumps ahead of all 11 of the guys ahead of him unless you basically pretend every arguable goes in his favor which is unrealistic.

And everyone in the group you claim he is better than actually has more yards than him this year with Landry, Cooper and Gallup having to compete with other players for catches in their offense while ARob is the clear cut leader.

The one guy I will remove is Adams since he has only had one good year and been injured and is actually ARobs age. So I will give you that one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Evans is better too. I would argue Cooper is better, and I don't think Golladay is for sure worse. He's really good. Maybe Cooper Kupp too. You also forgot JuJu and TY Hilton although they've had a tough year because of injuries and weak QB play.

He was going off my list and I forgot Evans but yeah he is better than ARob as well. I would probably still put ARob ahead of Juju as not convinced of JuJu in No 1 role as he was great paired with AB but got hurt before he could really prove himself in No 1 role. I would also take ARob over Kupp I think but not Hilton.

But again you can probably quibble here in there but I think most people outside Bears fans would not have ARob in the top 10. Too many good WRs that can do the same things ARob does but are faster and more dynamic. ARob is like a jack of all trades but a master of none whereas the top guys have something about them that makes them elite IMO.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Lol I’m not really trying to be a dick, but was kind of genuinely wondering because in the 90’s Conway and graham and Conway and engram were both pretty good duos

That 95 team had Conway and Graham both going for over 1,000 yards receiving and Salaam going for over 1,000 yards rushing and didn't even get 10 wins. What a joke.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
That 95 team had Conway and Graham both going for over 1,000 yards receiving and Salaam going for over 1,000 yards rushing and didn't even get 10 wins. What a joke.

Was the 90s version of Alshon and Marshall. Meanwhile the bears went to the NFC championship with johnny Knox. Makes no sense

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not extend ARob this offseason. Let him go out and prove he can replicate this success next year. Then extend him late next season or franchise tag him and work out a long term deal if he does put up good numbers again next year.

Larger issue is going to be whether we can afford to sign both ARob and Miller if Miller blows up next year. Another reason not to do an extension until after we see how the bulk of next season unfolds.

my concern with this is if he/Mitch/this passing offense takes a big step next year, you’ll likely be paying ARob top 5-10 WR $. Where if u extend him now, with his stats being out of current top 10 wr stats, u can get him at a better price.

based upon what we saw from him So far and his age, I can’t imagine seeing anything less from him anytime soon

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears org loves Arob...

He's staying and getting extended

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
my concern with this is if he/Mitch/this passing offense takes a big step next year, you’ll likely be paying ARob top 5-10 WR $. Where if u extend him now, with his stats being out of current top 10 wr stats, u can get him at a better price.

based upon what we saw from him So far and his age, I can’t imagine seeing anything less from him anytime soon

If the O takes a big step next year, it will be because other WRs step up. ARob is who he is. He simply isnt dynamic enough to crack the top 10.

And Bears fans been waiting for the O to take off for what 20 years now? I am not going to give someone money for fear of something that has rarely happened in the collective history of the franchise. People said it was going to take off this year and howndid that turn out.

Let him prove it. If he blows up then geeat pay the money. No one cares that Fuller went to FA and we didnt save in signing him because he is good.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If the O takes a big step next year, it will be because other WRs step up. ARob is who he is. He simply isnt dynamic enough to crack the top 10.

And Bears fans been waiting for the O to take off for what 20 years now? I am not going to give someone money know for fear of something that has rarely happened in the collective history of the franchise. People said it was going to take off this year and howndid that turn out.
I mean he did have 1400 yard 14 TD year, you don't think he's capable of doing that again?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Even if he's 12 or 14, who cares? He's really good and a good fit here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

And Bears fans been waiting for the O to take off for what 20 years now? I am not going to give someone money know for fear of something that has rarely happened in the collective history of the franchise. People said it was going to take off this year and howndid that turn out.

Is Arob holding the org back?.....he is their best offensive player.....typically when I want the offense to improve I usually get rid of the best player; it gives the team a big boost

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean he did have 1400 yard 14 TD year, you don't think he's capable of doing that again?

No.

Even if he's 12 or 14, who cares? He's really good and a good fit here.

Is Arob holding the org back?.....he is their best offensive player.....typically when I want the offense to improve I usually get rid of the best player; it gives the team a big boost

You are not following along. No one is saying get rid of him. I am saying like Fuller, let him play out his contract and if he delivers again next year then sign him.

I see zero benefit to extending him early. He is more likely to get injured than he is to blow up so more risk extending him IMO.

Fuller had a great rookie year and then was shaky then had a good end to his 3rd year. Bears were not 100% convinced so made him prove it one more year.

ARob had a 1,400 yard season and has not come close to that since. He will finally get 1k again this year. I am not convinced. Let him do it again then pay him.

Last edited: