Roster Projection: QB, RB, WR

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think we can start some threads to discuss individual position groups and how things are shaping up.

QB [2]: Trubisky, Daniel

This is pretty much chalk with last year and Bray being tossed on the PR. I think this may be the last year for Bray, it may be time to bring in a developmental QB to run the scout team.

RB [4]: Montgomary, Cohen, Davis, Nall

I think there is a battle between Nall and Whyte and they bring such different things to the table and I could see one getting IR stashed. Nall plays RB, FB, splits out in the slot. Whyte has that world class speed that I am not sure you can sneak through on to the PR. I think Nall's versatility and special teams size will come in to play and Whyte gets sent to IR.

WR [7]: Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Wims, Ridley, Patterson, Hall

This group is so loaded I am not sure what they are going to do with 6 or 7, but they are keeping 6 for sure. I am not sure they are going to cut Hall because of his world class speed and his ability to impact special teams, The same thing can be said for Patterson.
RB - Nall or Whyte -- Nobody has snatched Nall from the Bears PS yet. Nagy could have brought him up last year, but didn't. He's there if they need him.

I think Whyte is the type of Back Nagy wants, and his N/S running & speed is good for KR. I think Nagy&Co will be interested in developing him and finding a role for him. If he works out Bears may be able to drop Davis and Patterson. He's one of the Bears 5 draft picks. We'll see what he does the next 3 games, but I think he makes the 53.

The fake IR still baffles me a bit.

7 WR -- I think Bears will keep those 7 WRs, they'll have the space. Patterson and Whyte are better than Hall at KR, but he's certainly decent (23.7), but his speed at WR would the reason to keep him, and 4 ST tackles last year.

With as lackluster as the TE position is looking, Bears might as well have great depth at WR.

3 QB -- Would love to see the Bears steal a good QB prospect off another team. ATM looks like Bears will stick with Daniels and Bray. We saw Daniels give a good performance against the Lions last year. He might be a bit overpaid, but I'm glad to have him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Patterson should be ahead of Ridley and Wims. He's actually produced in the NFL unlike the other two.

I don't think he was putting them in the order he'd rank them. I think he's just listing which ones he thinks makes the 53 but maybe he is. I don't fucking know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been saying it would be K.Whyte that would make the 53 if we keep 4 RB's over Nall all offseason but it's so damn hard to not root for Nall cause it seems like he can do anything we would need from him on offense besides playing QB, but shit he might even be able to do that to, and not only does he do it all but he makes it all look so smooth. He catches the ball very well with his hands and can turn and run with it once he does catch it and he's good at RB and could even play FB and TE.

I love K.Whyte cause of his speed and shiftyness at RB and his ST play but i damn sure wouldn't be mad if we kept R.Nall and used him all over the offense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
RB - Nall or Whyte -- Nobody has snatched Nall from the Bears PS yet. Nagy could have brought him up last year, but didn't. He's there if they need him.

I think Whyte is the type of Back Nagy wants, and his N/S running & speed is good for KR. I think Nagy&Co will be interested in developing him and finding a role for him. If he works out Bears may be able to drop Davis and Patterson. He's one of the Bears 5 draft picks. We'll see what he does the next 3 games, but I think he makes the 53.

The fake IR still baffles me a bit.

7 WR -- I think Bears will keep those 7 WRs, they'll have the space. Patterson and Whyte are better than Hall at KR, but he's certainly decent (23.7), but his speed at WR would the reason to keep him, and 4 ST tackles last year.

With as lackluster as the TE position is looking, Bears might as well have great depth at WR.

3 QB -- Would love to see the Bears steal a good QB prospect off another team. ATM looks like Bears will stick with Daniels and Bray. We saw Daniels give a good performance against the Lions last year. He might be a bit overpaid, but I'm glad to have him.

Depends on how much the guaranteed money is with Davis and Patterson if we would drop either to be able to keep Nall or Whyte on the 53 and pretty sure at least two of Patterson's years are guaranteed cause i think we paid him $5 mil per and guaranteed $10 mil. I could look it up but too lazy. I like Davis but think we made that decision to sign him way too quick when free agency opened just like the B.Skrine signing.

Our TE position doesn't look lackluster if Burton and Shaheen weren't injury issues.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Our TE position doesn't look lackluster if Burton and Shaheen weren't injury issues.

Agreed. By the same token, our K position wouldn't be in such disarray if Kevin Butler hadn't retired and Robbie Gould wasn't on the Niners.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Patterson should be ahead of Ridley and Wims. He's actually produced in the NFL unlike the other two.
No he shouldn't and he is not, not at the WR spot. Patterson has proven he is not a true WR, he is more of a gadget player. Wims has already proven he can play in this league (two good training camps in a row plus he made some good plays when in the regular season when given a chance). Wims is high on the depth chart.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
No he shouldn't and he is not, not at the WR spot. Patterson has proven he is not a true WR, he is more of a gadget player. Wims has already proven he can play in this league (two good training camps in a row plus he made some good plays when in the regular season when given a chance). Wims is high on the depth chart.

I like Wims but putting him ahead of Patterson at the start of the season is a stretch. Patterson has averaged almost 35 receptions over the past three seasons which sounds about right for a 4th WR.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I like Wims but putting him ahead of Patterson at the start of the season is a stretch. Patterson has averaged almost 35 receptions over the past three seasons which sounds about right for a 4th WR.

Well Mike Davis has averaged more yards than Montgomery and is proven in this league and I am not starting Mike Davis over Montgomery.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Depends on how much the guaranteed money is with Davis and Patterson if we would drop either to be able to keep Nall or Whyte on the 53 and pretty sure at least two of Patterson's years are guaranteed cause i think we paid him $5 mil per and guaranteed $10 mil. I could look it up but too lazy. I like Davis but think we made that decision to sign him way too quick when free agency opened just like the B.Skrine signing.

Now we're dropping Davis and-or Patterson to keep white or nall?

Jeez.....when did Nall become Danener
ZanzenGentry

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Well Mike Davis has averaged more yards than Montgomery and is proven in this league and I am not starting Mike Davis over Montgomery.

Monty showed more promise in one preseason game than Wims entire NFL career. Some guys have it written all over them while others don’t.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Monty showed more promise in one preseason game than Wims entire NFL career. Some guys have it written all over them while others don’t.
Montgomery is going to be a stud but Wims led the NFL in receiving yards last pre-season and was not given much of a chance in the regular season because of Kevin White. He has continued to make plays again this year in camp and in pre-season. The kid can play and will be involved more this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Your hypocrisy is showing...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You haven't watched Wims then.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Montgomery is going to be a stud but Wims led the NFL in receiving yards last pre-season and was not given much of a chance in the regular season because of Kevin White. He has continued to make plays again this year in camp and in pre-season. The kid can play and will be involved more this year.

I’ll make a prediction and say Wims will be blocked by Patterson to start the season.