Roster Projection: QB, RB, WR

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we can start some threads to discuss individual position groups and how things are shaping up.

QB [2]: Trubisky, Daniel

This is pretty much chalk with last year and Bray being tossed on the PR. I think this may be the last year for Bray, it may be time to bring in a developmental QB to run the scout team.

RB [4]: Montgomary, Cohen, Davis, Nall

I think there is a battle between Nall and Whyte and they bring such different things to the table and I could see one getting IR stashed. Nall plays RB, FB, splits out in the slot. Whyte has that world class speed that I am not sure you can sneak through on to the PR. I think Nall's versatility and special teams size will come in to play and Whyte gets sent to IR.

WR [7]: Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Wims, Ridley, Patterson, Hall

This group is so loaded I am not sure what they are going to do with 6 or 7, but they are keeping 6 for sure. I am not sure they are going to cut Hall because of his world class speed and his ability to impact special teams, The same thing can be said for Patterson.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I was thinking Nall over Whyte early on, but I think Whyte clearly outplayed him last Thursday. Nall didn't impress at all to me.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Patterson should be ahead of Ridley and Wims. He's actually produced in the NFL unlike the other two.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do they really need 4 RB's? Patterson had 40 some carries last year and did alright. Could have him as RB4/WR5/Return guy. Might free up some space at another position like O-Line? Just a thought....

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Patterson should be ahead of Ridley and Wims. He's actually produced in the NFL unlike the other two.
You do realize young guys play over "proven" vets all the time, right?

How about this: both Ridley and Wims have longer term contracts with the Bears than Patterson. On this team, they all have roles. Outside of AR, they all are pretty equal as far as the depth chart...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

How about this: both Ridley and Wims have longer term contracts with the Bears than Patterson. On this team, they all have roles. Outside of AR, they all are pretty equal as far as the depth chart...

Patterson got paid.

I anticipate Nagy has a plan and carved out a role for him that will be apparent once the season begins.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

Wims get a lot of hype based on four catches for 32 yards last season and Ridley missed a chunk of camp for a hammy injury.

Patterson will get the nod as 4th WR until one of Wims or Ridley takes the job away.

The Bears are paying Patterson too much money to just return kicks and rush the ball once or twice a game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

napo55

Liked Posts:
I don't see Whyte being cut. He looked good in the first preseason game and has serious speed. I also like Nall who can do a lot of different things. I know WR Marvin Hall is super fast, but I'd like to see more production. I'd keep keep 5 RBs and 6 WRs unless hall starts producing. We should also expect there may be an injury that will change the dynamic.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Get Wims on the field. He’s a stud. Patterson shouldn’t be running routes over him, imo. Use Patterson in the return game, dual RB sets and maybe some screens.
This.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I wasn't as impressed with Whyte as many on here were. He was meh to me..Fast, but not as fast as someone who ran a 4.36. A bit stiff and think his decision making/vision when choosing his lanes isn't the best. He played against scrubs and had some touches...yes he was going to look decent. I need to see more of him before jumping Nall, who isn't flashy, but can do well in his role.

I feel like you gotta keep Hall as well. His speed on that one play had to give Nagy some goosebumps! I can only imagine running Hall, Gabriel, and Miller on the field at the same time! Too much speed for defenses to handle and Nagy is too creative in designing plays to not already have a few things in mind.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I wasn't as impressed with Whyte as many on here were. He was meh to me..Fast, but not as fast as someone who ran a 4.36. A bit stiff and think his decision making/vision when choosing his lanes isn't the best. He played against scrubs and had some touches...yes he was going to look decent. I need to see more of him before jumping Nall, who isn't flashy, but can do well in his role.

I feel like you gotta keep Hall as well. His speed on that one play had to give Nagy some goosebumps! I can only imagine running Hall, Gabriel, and Miller on the field at the same time! Too much speed for defenses to handle and Nagy is too creative in designing plays to not already have a few things in mind.

Well , let's see how Whyte, Nall, and Marvin Hall perform in the next 3 games. Hall has done very little in a couple of years in the NFL and it remains to be seen if he can start producing now. Nall, and Whyte have no NFL experience, although Nall looked very good last preseason.