Roy Robertson-Harris

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has been bothering me since our season ended. How come no one has talked about Roy Robertson-Harris's lackluster effort on the field goal miss that ended our season?
If you re-watch, focus on #95 on the left hand side. What a piece of shit effort.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is about all he is going to do on that play.

The outside guy on the line really has 2 jobs,

1. Do not let the guy inside of him through clean, which he does, the guy has to jump and Sowell gets a piece of them.

2. The next phase is to try and get a piece of the outside guy. This is usually very difficult because he lines up wide and you HAVE to keep you inside leg planted with Sowell. So you essentially have to block a wide rusher without moving your feet. #1 job is to be a big dude that the little guy cannot run through but around.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OP is right, RRH should be cut.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This situation needs to be straightened out. WindyCity just yesterday said RRH is getting a huge payday.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This situation needs to be straightened out. WindyCity just yesterday said RRH is getting a huge payday.

He is going to get paid real NFL money.

On that play he did what he is suppose to do, just not in a pretty way.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
That is about all he is going to do on that play.

The outside guy on the line really has 2 jobs,

1. Do not let the guy inside of him through clean, which he does, the guy has to jump and Sowell gets a piece of them.

2. The next phase is to try and get a piece of the outside guy. This is usually very difficult because he lines up wide and you HAVE to keep you inside leg planted with Sowell. So you essentially have to block a wide rusher without moving your feet. #1 job is to be a big dude that the little guy cannot run through but around.
Yep, i was just noticing that watching it. If Roy moves off left to block the outside guy, the player to Roy's right can jump through the gap. There's 6 defenders for the 4 OL lined up on that side.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Because Parkey was missing shit all season, not just that one kick
Too bad the Bears were behind, needing to hit on last second FG at home against the Wildcard in their playoff game. Didn't want to depend on the upright hitter.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to dislike the OP for making me watch that again. Argh.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Too bad the Bears were behind, needing to hit on last second FG at home against the Wildcard in their playoff game. Didn't want to depend on the upright hitter.
Yep, RRH is not to blame for that game. The bears were heavy favorites and dropped the ball as a collective. They played like @1COBearsfan 's dick all game.

Sad.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I feel sick.....why did you make me watch that shit again.....

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said RRH is to blame for the loss, and neither is Cody Parkey, but that effort was shit...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
This has been bothering me since our season ended. How come no one has talked about Roy Robertson-Harris's lackluster effort on the field goal miss that ended our season?
If you re-watch, focus on #95 on the left hand side. What a piece of shit effort.

giphy.gif