Russell Westbrook - Where is the trade?

Polak

Liked Posts:
I am befuddled as to HOW the Bulls are not pursuing Russell Westbrook. What asset are we hoarding that is so grand? We do not need to give up Lauri the Finnisher. The rest of the team is tradeable. What are we doing? Russ puts us into the playoffs and can attract another star. I am sick of this team just trying to luck into a franchise player like it has twice before. I am on the verge of canceling my season ticket wait list spot. I have been on the list since 86 and this is the year my name comes off. I hope GarPax are happy and Jerry WhiteSox enjoys losing money.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I am befuddled as to HOW the Bulls are not pursuing Russell Westbrook. What asset are we hoarding that is so grand? We do not need to give up Lauri the Finnisher. The rest of the team is tradeable. What are we doing? Russ puts us into the playoffs and can attract another star. I am sick of this team just trying to luck into a franchise player like it has twice before. I am on the verge of canceling my season ticket wait list spot. I have been on the list since 86 and this is the year my name comes off. I hope GarPax are happy and Jerry WhiteSox enjoys losing money.
KD, Harden, and Paul George all wanted nothing do to do with this clown, and have made it known. Dude has a terrible rep around the league and is a ballhog, he aint attracting shit. Not to mention bro has 200 mil coming his way. Everyone INCLUDING Lauri is tradeable, but not for a washed up 30+ yearold who relies on athleticism who makes 200 million dollars.

Polak

Liked Posts:
KD, Harden, and Paul George all wanted nothing do to do with this clown, and have made it known. Dude has a terrible rep around the league and is a ballhog, he aint attracting shit. Not to mention bro has 200 mil coming his way. Everyone INCLUDING Lauri is tradeable, but not for a washed up 30+ yearold who relies on athleticism who makes 200 million dollars.
Foolish. KD is soft and left to play with an all time team. Harden did not leave, he was traded. PG always wanted to go to LA. The only reason he stayed in OKC for a year was for Russ.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Getting Westbrook is a lose-lose proposition.

As his body continues to increasingly break down from age, wear & tear, that contract will begin to look like Seabrook's in a year or two.

Or, if he does retain close to the current skill level then we make the playoffs and get swept in the first round, but GarPax have more job security with a marketable star and a playoff appearance which is our collective worst nightmare as Bulls fans.

Pass.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
final four years are 38 million, 41 million, 43 million and 47 million.

Thats like a million dollars per expected win.

I know the heat have shown they will go get him, but man, part of these albatross contracts need to fall back to the bonehead giving it out, not just flushing them away.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Just wait, the Bulls FO makes moves that only make sense in video games too.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Firstly I don't think anyone on this roster is off limits. If Clippers called tomorrow and offered Kawhi Leonard i'd give anything they wanted. If Westbrook were <28 i'd do the same. However he's turning 31 in November, his game is highly reliant on athleticism, has had multiple problems with his knee, and has an albatross contract. I'll pass.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Teams definitely would take Westbrook off okc hands

But Idt they can get a haul like they did for George. They might actually have to give an asset to get that contract off their hands. I could be wrong it’s the nba but if you look at the teams that are interested they aren’t going to dismantle their team for him

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Traded to Houston for Paul

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Why on earth would someone have wanted this guy on the Bulls?

It's a moot point now, but what good would it have done to add a terrible contract and a me-me-me guy to a young team with no hopes of contending for anything worthwhile? (I am not counting getting the 8 seed to get beat in Round 1)