Ryan on pace to be one of the best GMs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I doubt players and their agents think same. Am sure the vast majority of players in all pro sports have bonus payouts for pro bowls/all star, mvp, etc during contract negotiations.

Bonuses dont get paid for being a Pro Bowl alternate. I posted an article on this in one of these threads.

A bonus is generally paid if you were selected a starter or reserve. Part of the reason a lot of players decline being an alternate.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
yah but guys like Akiem Hicks was just "a guy" on his prior teams (saints and patriots). The gamble by Pace worked in terms of he saw something the previous regimes did not so he gets credit for it.

Hicks wasn’t a gamble. He was expected to be a starter when he signed. Which Pace structured the contract to be team friendly with a 1 year op-out. Pace, obviously, didn’t expect his return on investment and quickly gave him an extension the next year.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think pace should crowd source his first round picks. do an open poll of bears fans and take the most voted for guy that is still on the board when he picks.

Then he can resume doing what he does best in the later rounds.... Leave that 1st rnd pick for us.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think pace should crowd source his first round picks. do an open poll of bears fans and take the most voted for guy that is still on the board when he picks.

Then he can resume doing what he does best in the later rounds.... Leave that 1st rnd pick for us.
That's whats infuriating about paces 1st round busts. If fans had made those picks they would have gotten it right. Most fans would have take watson over trubisky

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That's whats infuriating about paces 1st round busts. If fans had made those picks they would have gotten it right. Most fans would have take watson over trubisky
we certainly wouldn't have traded up for him. I was more interested in Mahomes myself because of that cannon he has but either way we would've saved draft capital by not moving up and gotten a better QB for sure.

I also think we wouldn't have moved up for floyd.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
we certainly wouldn't have traded up for him. I was more interested in Mahomes myself because of that cannon he has but either way we would've saved draft capital by not moving up and gotten a better QB for sure.

I also think we wouldn't have moved up for floyd.
White also had bust written all over him.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
White also had bust written all over him.

It seems like pace falls for some of the sizzle guys when he should be building trenches.

I mean Trubs had one good year
Floyd was always a beanpole I am not sure how he expected that to work
White was all sizzle and no steak

At least with Roq I think he didn't reach at the pick. The headcase bit is worrisome, but I think the guy is going to be around past his first contract if he can keep it together.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe you have and so has playthrough. Many times in fact.

Well you believe wrong when it comes to me and don't think Playthrough has but again i don't read every post/thread on here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But that would of only been half right since those fans would of still gotten it wrong since Mahomes is the best QB in that draft... :smug2:

msadows

Liked Posts:
But that would of only been half right since those fans would of still gotten it wrong since Mahomes is the best QB in that draft... :smug2:

Does anyone even remember past last season? Did they all receive massive brain trauma from watching the 2019 bears?

The wide majority of chicago fans wanted Jamal Adams, not Watson or Mitch.

Most who wanted a QB wanted one via trade down or in the 2nd round.

So instead of drafting our stud safety in the first round and our bust QB in the 4th we just flipped the script. Good shit.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Does anyone even remember past last season? Did they all receive massive brain trauma from watching the 2019 bears?

The wide majority of chicago fans wanted Jamal Adams, not Watson or Mitch.

Most who wanted a QB wanted one via trade down or in the 2nd round.

So instead of drafting our stud safety in the first round and our bust QB in the 4th we just flipped the script. Good shit.
wrong watson was the most popular in this forum and chicago fans in general

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum...you-want-the-bears-to-draft-poll.60151/page-2

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Still would have been a good pick. It would be like drafting olajuwan over mj. Great hall of fame player but not the goat. Pace took sam bowie.