Ryan on pace to be one of the best GMs

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the highest pro bowl % of players drafted in the NFL (lovers)

Drafted Trubisky and White. (haters)

You've been killing it on here lately. So true. Perspective is a mother.

No GM is without misses. Gotta look at things overall. Pace has his flaws...ie overpaying now & then, but goes after who he wants sink & swim.

We see it all here in spades. Especially the hate...usually strangely devoid of suggestions on how things could be better. #CCSdoes whatCCSdoes #fireerrbody

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he is such a good GM, then why do his results suck?

People do judge him through the Mitch lens, myself included, but most GMs get judged through the lens of their QB pick and he traded up and made a historically bad one.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
winning cures all.

If moves of Quinn and Foles works out and the Bears make the playoffs in 2020 Pace's job will be secure for another year+

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol, this stat is so misleading.

The Bears took Jackson, Cohen, Trubisky, Leno, Whitehair and Howard. Trubisky's selection was a joke as just about every NFC QB declined (that is hyperbole). Pace traded Howard away. Cohen made it on Special Teams so his selection is of little value. Leno, just about everyone wants us to draft a LT of the future. So basically that leaves you Jackson and Whitehair with both having down years. Jackson is really the only star at this point.

Nelson, Kelly and Leonard have made the Pro Bowl for Colts. All 3 legit deserved it and are legit top players at their positions right now. I take the quality of the Colts trio over the Bears any day.

Hey there he is. I knew all i had to do was make that post and you would be posting in this thread as soon as you made your 6th visit to this thread and saw it...LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kelly was better than Whitehair last year but overall they are close.

The difference is Nelson and Leonard are All Pros and collectively trump Jackson. They have 4 All Pro selections in their first 2 years versus just 1 for Jackson. So really only a homer would say Jackson is better than both Nelson and Leonard. Both Nelson and Leonard are 2 for 2 in All Pro nods. Jackson is 1 for 3.

Hahaha you are so reaching that it's comical. As Msadows has tried to tell you Nelson was a no brainer pick and would of been a Bear if he made it to our pick. E.Jackson was drafted in the 4th round and i'm a huge Leonard fan and he was a great find but not as great a find as where Pace found Jackson. Keep reaching.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hey if you have a logical argument for why I am wrong, I am all ears. Otherwise, please forgive me if I don't give a shit about Trubs making the pro bowl after like 7 QBs passed on the "honor".

People prove you wrong all the time but don't have the will to keep going back and forth with you knowing you will never leave without getting the last word and you're really good at twisting things around to make it sound like you didn't say things that you did actually say. You tire people out and you're really good at it.

#TooMuchTimeOnYourHands.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The Bears took Jackson, Cohen, Trubisky, Leno, Whitehair and Howard. Trubisky's selection was a joke as just about every NFC QB declined (that is hyperbole). Pace traded Howard away. Cohen made it on Special Teams so his selection is of little value. Leno, just about everyone wants us to draft a LT of the future. So basically that leaves you Jackson and Whitehair with both having down years. Jackson is really the only star at this point.

Nelson, Kelly and Leonard have made the Pro Bowl for Colts. All 3 legit deserved it and are legit top players at their positions right now. I take the quality of the Colts trio over the Bears any day.
It's fact and nothing misleading. You will do anything to try and prove your point even when the numbers prove you wrong

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pace was all over Leonard too. He was invited to Halas Hall for a top 30 visit.

Daniels and Smith were top 30. I really believe Plan A was Nelson and Leonard and that they executed Plan B with Smith and Daniels.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It seems to me that one of the best GMs would have more than one winning season in five and wouldn’t have a shit stained draft record in the first round. And then one playoff appearance in five years which was a loss.

Is that article dated April Fool’s Day?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey there he is. I knew all i had to do was make that post and you would be posting in this thread as soon as you made your 6th visit to this thread and saw it...LOL

You are confused, I didn't see your post. You aren't that important to me for me to read your post and feel the need to respond. I responded once I came online and saw this thread.

Hahaha you are so reaching that it's comical. As Msadows has tried to tell you Nelson was a no brainer pick and would of been a Bear if he made it to our pick. E.Jackson was drafted in the 4th round and i'm a huge Leonard fan and he was a great find but not as great a find as where Pace found Jackson. Keep reaching.

GMs get credit for the success of their picks. You can try and make excuses for Pace and try and downplay Ballard but the simple reality is Nelson. Leonard, and Kelly are collectively better than the Bears Pro Bowlers. After all this time, no one has made an argument that disputes this.

People prove you wrong all the time but don't have the will to keep going back and forth with you knowing you will never leave without getting the last word and you're really good at twisting things around to make it sound like you didn't say things that you did actually say. You tire people out and you're really good at it.

#TooMuchTimeOnYourHands.

Yawn. I made a simple statement. Nelson, Leoard, and Kelly are collectively better than Bears Pro Bowls. Feel free to prove me wrong. Otherwise, this is whining for no reason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's fact and nothing misleading. You will do anything to try and prove your point even when the numbers prove you wrong

It is fact. It is misleading because it presumes that being selected a Pro Bowler means you are deserving. We all know this is not true. There are Pro Bowl starters and reserves who are the actual people selected for the Pro Bowl. Then there are alternates who are people not actually considered the best at their positions who get in because the actual Starters or Reserves don't want to play or can't play. This is a well known fact and Bears fans as well as other fans have complained about this for years including on these boards.

The reality is the only Pro Bowl that was truly recognized as one of the best at his position (not including STs as who cares) was Jackson because he was also named to the All Pro team which is clearly more prestigious and a truer reflection of the actual good players in the NFL.

The stupidity of the Pro Bowl is further illustrated by the fact that Leonard won DROY and was 1st Team All-Pro in 2018 but yet did not make the Pro Bowl team because it is not about skill it is about popularity. Since he was a rookie, the people players, coaches and fans that voted overlooked him. However, the All Pro team which selects players regardless of conference did not.

Now anyone not being a homer knows the above is all true but sure let's pretend that Pace is a good GM because Trubisky made the Pro Bowl in 2018 as like the 7th QB. Any real talent NFL personnel guy is going to acknowledge that Nelson and Leonard are 2 of the best at their positions as they have made an All Pro team every year they have played. On the Bears side, only Jackson has made it in 1 out of 3 years. But sure keep pretending that Whitehair, Howard, Cohen, and Trubisky are on par with Nelson and Leonard.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace was all over Leonard too. He was invited to Halas Hall for a top 30 visit.

Daniels and Smith were top 30. I really believe Plan A was Nelson and Leonard and that they executed Plan B with Smith and Daniels.

Lol, right so now we want to give Pace credit for players he didn't select. I imagine anyone that had ILB as a top need took a look at Leonard. Should we give Pace a cookie for liking Leoard and then picking the lesser player higher in the draft?

Guess I'm trying to figure out why the pro bowl was used as the main standard of success. All pro selections would mean more to me

The video most likely did it because it was quick and easy. Bears fans just latching on to it because they want something to be proud about I guess. This after people have complained for years how diluted Pro Bowl selections are. Imagine being so desperate to have something good to say about the Bears that you celebrating the following.

1. Tribisky making the Pro Bowl after we passed on Mahomes and Watson, traded up to get him and now traded a 4th to get someone that can replace him because Pace realizes he may not be good enough.

2. Howard making the Pro Bowl and Pace rewarding him by trading him away for peanuts. Somehow the same guy that Bears fans have been shitting on every since Nagy couldn't figure out how to use him is now being celebrated.

3. Cohen who made it as a ST player. We are probably the only set of fans that get excited that we had a STs player make the Pro Bowl in an era where they are completely marginalized.

4. Whitehair - Made it as an alternate not a reserve and currently playing average to bad football.

5. Jackson - The only actual legitimate stud in this group and deserving of all the accolades.

Sometimes it saddens me to see how low the bar is set by Bears fans but I guess when you support a franchise that has been terrible for much of the SB era, that is to be expected.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lol, right so now we want to give Pace credit for players he didn't select. I imagine anyone that had ILB as a top need took a look at Leonard. Should we give Pace a cookie for liking Leoard and then picking the lesser player higher in the draft?

The video most likely did it because it was quick and easy. Bears fans just latching on to it because they want something to be proud about I guess. This after people have complained for years how diluted Pro Bowl selections are. Imagine being so desperate to have something good to say about the Bears that you celebrating the following.

1. Tribisky making the Pro Bowl after we passed on Mahomes and Watson, traded up to get him and now traded a 4th to get someone that can replace him because Pace realizes he may not be good enough.

2. Howard making the Pro Bowl and Pace rewarding him by trading him away for peanuts. Somehow the same guy that Bears fans have been shitting on every since Nagy couldn't figure out how to use him is now being celebrated.

3. Cohen who made it as a ST player. We are probably the only set of fans that get excited that we had a STs player make the Pro Bowl in an era where they are completely marginalized.

4. Whitehair - Made it as an alternate not a reserve and currently playing average to bad football.

5. Jackson - The only actual legitimate stud in this group and deserving of all the accolades.

Sometimes it saddens me to see how low the bar is set by Bears fans but I guess when you support a franchise that has been terrible for much of the SB era, that is to be expected.

A cookie would be excellent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You are confused, I didn't see your post. You aren't that important to me for me to read your post and feel the need to respond. I responded once I came online and saw this thread.

GMs get credit for the success of their picks. You can try and make excuses for Pace and try and downplay Ballard but the simple reality is Nelson. Leonard, and Kelly are collectively better than the Bears Pro Bowlers. After all this time, no one has made an argument that disputes this.

Yawn. I made a simple statement. Nelson, Leoard, and Kelly are collectively better than Bears Pro Bowls. Feel free to prove me wrong. Otherwise, this is whining for no reason.

I'm not confused, you just aren't admitting the truth cause everyone knows that you see every post that gets made on CCS.

That's the end of that one.

Nobody is downplaying Ballard as a GM cause i don't think you'll find anyone that doesn't think he's a good GM. As has been said multiple times Nelson was a no brainer pick who the Bears would of drafted if he made it to them. D.leonard is a great player who i'm a huge fan of and was a great find for Ballard in the 2nd round but Pace found E.Jackson in the 4th round and traded up to get him. Kelley and Whiethair are even. Pace traded down twice in the 2nd round and still got Whitehair.

I love how you've taken this from Pace is bad at drafting to comparing just 3 of Ballard's draft picks to 3 of Pace's draft picks. There's nothing to prove wrong on my end cause Nelson, Leonard, Kelly, E.Jackson and Whitehair were all great draft picks so not sure why you're asking me to prove you wrong.

I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong with how this all got started with you and windy saying Pace is bad at drafting. So why don't we stick to that debate instead of you doing the remy (Dan Orlovsky) dance that you do so well.

:javy2:

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
I mean I won't say he is a good GM.

If it werent for the turdbiscuit pick he absolutely will be. If we drafted Jamal Adams for example, everyones perception of him would be different.

He's overall had a very good eye for talent.

He failed at QB however, and it set this franchise back a few years. Probably why he eventually gets fired, but when you look at all the negatives you can't dismiss the fact he did a LOT to build this team who is stacked with talent.

Too much pessimism on this board. People act like we won 3-4 games and have no good players at all. This team is not a bottom feeder, there are holes but every team has them.
Disagree. If you take Mack out this team would be sub .500. I don’t accept the convenient excuse that the reason you miss in the 1st round is because of consensus. You are in that position to hit on blue chip talent in the 1st round — talent that anchors your franchise for years. Pace has missed every year so far and we still need to see how Roquan pans out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not confused, you just aren't admitting the truth cause everyone knows that you see every post that gets made on CCS.

That's the end of that one.

Nobody is downplaying Ballard as a GM cause i don't think you'll find anyone that doesn't think he's a good GM. As has been said multiple times Nelson was a no brainer pick who the Bears would of drafted if he made it to them. D.leonard is a great player who i'm a huge fan of and was a great find for Ballard in the 2nd round but Pace found E.Jackson in the 4th round and traded up to get him. Kelley and Whiethair are even. Pace traded down twice in the 2nd round and still got Whitehair.

I love how you've taken this from Pace is bad at drafting to comparing just 3 of Ballard's draft picks to 3 of Pace's draft picks. There's nothing to prove wrong on my end cause Nelson, Leonard, Kelly, E.Jackson and Whitehair were all great draft picks so not sure why you're asking me to prove you wrong.

I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong with how this all got started with you and windy saying Pace is bad at drafting. So why don't we stick to that debate instead of you doing the remy (Dan Orlovsky) dance that you do so well.

:javy2:

Your argument makes no sense. I posted in other threads where you didn't give me a shout out so it is quite narcissistic for you to think I only posted in here because of you. LMFAO. This is a thread overstating Pace's abilities. I would post in here whether you said anything or not.

Are you dense? I responded to Truth's post talking about Pace and Ballard. That is why I am comparing their Pro Bowl players dummy.

Finally, I don't think Ballard or Pace are bad or good GMs. I simply think Ballard has drafted the high quality Pro Bowlers and so does the NFL as evidence by All Pro selections. Pace and Ballard are both below average to slightly above average GMs when it comes to drafting. Pace is trending to below average because of the current status of Trubisky. If Trubisky turns it around and/or his 2018, 2019, and 2020 draft classes produce legit studs then he will trend to above average or better.

Your fundamental problem is that your vocabulary is limited. You interpret anything that is not praising Pace as saying he is bad. In the English Language we have a lot of words that fall between Great and Bad to describe someone or something. Words like average, ok, decent, mediocre, below average, above average, etc. You should maybe learn some of those words.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This needs special attention to prove how you are dense.

Why this can't be correct. Something must be wrong.

Pace has a 15.6 percent pro bowl rate

The great Chris Ballard has a 6.9 rate.

They must have gotten them backwards

This is how it got started. I responded to truth and the topic was about Pace and Ballard's Pro Bowlers. You are so sensitive about Pace that you act like someone called your wife a whore or something. The above was strictly about the respective Pro Bowlers not Pace's entire drafting record.