Ryan on pace to be one of the best GMs

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
There is no shame, I'm just saying the ONLY question about taking him was if a guard is worth a top 10 pick.

Shit, in retrospect, I don't know if he had fallen if the bears would have taken him over Smith.

Leno in 18 and Mitch in 18, yes, were some of the better players at their position that year.

Mitch would have had over 4k total yards and nearly 30 TD's total had he played a full 16 on a team that won a considerable amount of games.

Leno also had a very good year.

Cohen had 725 receiving yards as a runningback, and ran 4.5 YPC, which is solid.

If you shit on one year, once again, you can't discount the fact they played well the previous one. Saying that every player who ever had a bad year is going to suck forever when they have had success in the past is a dumb pessimistic viewpoint.
leno was an emery pick so pace doesnt get credit. Same with fuller.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not true. That is just an excuse to justify paces failures. He is a bad gm plain and simple. The bears will not be getting a lombardi during his tenure.

Thats your opinion I guess.

I'm just going to leave you this, so your memory can be jogged at how bad this franchise was when pace took it over:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Hes better in FA then he is drafting. I can’t consider Foles a good move just yet but Quinn was one of his best.

4 of the top 5 (possible 5 of the top 6 if you consider Quinn) players on the team were drafted by another GM.

yah but guys like Akiem Hicks was just "a guy" on his prior teams (saints and patriots). The gamble by Pace worked in terms of he saw something the previous regimes did not so he gets credit for it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If ryan pace is a best gm, i dont want to know who the worst ones are. 4 out of 5 losing seasons and making many mistakes such as trading up for mitch and drafting him over two hofers, reaching for kevin white, drafting a non pass rusher in the first round to be a pass rusher, signing a giraffe, letting alshon walk, trading bennet and marshall, drafting shaheen, signing burton. Fuck it there are too many to mention.

I don't think anyone has said he's the best GM in the NFL. If so then i missed those posts.

msadows

Liked Posts:
yah but guys like Akiem Hicks was just "a guy" on his prior teams (saints and patriots). The gamble by Pace worked in terms of he saw something the previous regimes did not so he gets credit for it.

I mean he found one of the best slot corners in the league as an UDFA.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not true. That is just an excuse to justify paces failures. He is a bad gm plain and simple. The bears will not be getting a lombardi during his tenure.

Attachments

• king troll.jpg
    king troll.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy will literally do everything he can to find every flaw in anything anyone finds good about anything Bears...LOL.

It's actually pretty sad and he's by far the most active poster on CCS so he's in every thread spreading his negativity around to try to infect anyone that has any optimism at all with the Bears.

View attachment 5143

Not sure how saying Mack, Hicks, ARob, Jackson, Kwia, Goldman, Whitehair etc. were good moves means I am hating.

As I said before Pace is a below average to above average drafter with Trubs and the 2018+ draft classes determining whether he is on the high or low end of that spectrum.

Do you disagree or agree and if so why? Or you can just continue crying about other posters because you have nothing substantive to say.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean he found one of the best slot corners in the league as an UDFA.

He also found remy's guy Cam Meredith in UDFA. ARob who? Right remy?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure how saying Mack, Hicks, ARob, Jackson, Kwia, Goldman, Whitehair etc. were good moves means I am hating.

As I said before Pace is a below average to above average drafter with Trubs and the 2018+ draft classes determining whether he is on the high or low end of that spectrum.

Do you disagree or agree and if so why? Or you can just continue crying about other posters because you have nothing substantive to say.

lol, without trubs pace is probably one of the best eyes for talent in this league.

That is very much a fact. If you don't believe it since you have all the time in the world you can go research it yourself.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trubs will eventually get him fired but to act like the man hasn't been very good from the 2nd round and on is plain stupid.

He's been very good in FA for the most part as well.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why this can't be correct. Something must be wrong.

Pace has a 15.6 percent pro bowl rate

The great Chris Ballard has a 6.9 rate.

They must have gotten them backwards

Pro Bowls are a meaningless stat. Even Trubisky has “made” the ProBowl

msadows

Liked Posts:

Weird, usually when you have a good season compared to your peers and are on a winning team you get accolades. Hmm.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If trubisky played a full 16 he would have had over 4k total yards, 28-29 total td's, and 14 INT's.

If we got that output from our starting QB year in and year out we wouldn't be worrying about QB. 2018 was a good year. 2019 was straight trash homie

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol, without trubs pace is probably one of the best eyes for talent in this league.

That is very much a fact. If you don't believe it since you have all the time in the world you can go research it yourself.

But there is no such thing as without Trubs. I live in the universe where Pace drafted Trubs.

As I said he is below average to above average so your point is encompassed by the fact that if he had hit on Trubs then that would push him to above average. Here are GMs that are better without question.

He is certainly not top 5 and I would have to look but probably not top 10 either. He sits in that range of GMs between 10-20 which in a league of 32 teams is somewhere between below average and above average.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If trubisky played a full 16 he would have had over 4k total yards, 28-29 total td's, and 14 INT's.

If we got that output from our starting QB year in and year out we wouldn't be worrying about QB. 2018 was a good year. 2019 was straight trash homie

But he didn't so as it relates to the 2018 season, other QBs were more deserving. He got the nod because as a young guy he was actually eager for the recognition but again several others were rumored to have declined the invite. Trubs was simply not a Pro Bowl QB in 2018.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
MORONS, RYAN PACE IS A FUCKING IDIOT

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the biggest things that determine a GM's success is at the HC spot and to a slightly smaller extent the QB spot. If your able to nail those you should be a playoff team much sooner rather than later. Pace has not been successful at the QB spot and at the HC spot with fox although the jury is still out on nagy. Foles could potentially save pace's job this year but it still doesn't justify pace's poor ability to draft a QB.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

I doubt players and their agents think same. Am sure the vast majority of players in all pro sports have bonus payouts for pro bowls/all star, mvp, etc during contract negotiations.

As a recent example, Richard Sherman pocketed an extra million just by making the pro bowl