San Diego/ La Jolla

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fam and I are going to be at the La Jolla beach area this weekend for a wedding. Since I have two young children I originally thought we'd watch MNF at the hotel with some pizza...but now that's Trubs is starting I want to make a bigger deal out of it.

Anyone know of any good Bears bars/grilles in that area? Or, can you recommend some awesome restaurants?

Thanks!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How old are the kids?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
The fam and I are going to be at the La Jolla beach area this weekend for a wedding. Since I have two young children I originally thought we'd watch MNF at the hotel with some pizza...but now that's Trubs is starting I want to make a bigger deal out of it.

Anyone know of any good Bears bars/grilles in that area? Or, can you recommend some awesome restaurants?

Thanks!

For happy hour hit the Crab Catcher. It's on the cove. Got to the smaller bar next to the main restaurant. $6 martinis and half off appetizers and beer/wine. Incredible view.

For dinners there's Crab Catcher, George's at the Cove, and Eddie V's. If you're looking for something cheaper, up the coast 15 min is Poseidon in Del Mar. Great restaurant right on the beach.

For the game, go to The Spot in La Jolla, Iron Pig Alehouse in Pacific Beach, or Dirty Birds in Pacific Beach. Dirty Birds is the best wings restaurant I've ever been to, but they tend to attract Ravens fans on Sundays. No worries since you're going on Monday. All of them are NFL-centric restaurants. If you want a Bears bar, you'll need to go to Rosie O'Grady's in Normal Heights which is inland a few miles.

I'd invite you to my house but I you'd hate my wife's cooking.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Thanks!

If you can enjoy a world-class fish taco, I always hit Oscar's when I'm in the SD area (couple times annually). My favorite location of theirs is in Pacific Beach, get you some and thank me later.

Reactions: DC

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
the "710 beach club" is a Chicago Bears bar in Pacific Beach. About 5-10 mins south of La Jolla

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Thanks!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/710-beach-club-san-diego?hrid=mP14O8JWEWiwZuKsel9SFg&osq=chicago+bears

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can enjoy a world-class fish taco, I always hit Oscar's when I'm in the SD area (couple times annually). My favorite location of theirs is in Pacific Beach, get you some and thank me later.

Thank you! Thanks to all of you for the suggestions!

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
For happy hour hit the Crab Catcher. It's on the cove. Got to the smaller bar next to the main restaurant. $6 martinis and half off appetizers and beer/wine. Incredible view.

For dinners there's Crab Catcher, George's at the Cove, and Eddie V's. If you're looking for something cheaper, up the coast 15 min is Poseidon in Del Mar. Great restaurant right on the beach.

For the game, go to The Spot in La Jolla, Iron Pig Alehouse in Pacific Beach, or Dirty Birds in Pacific Beach. Dirty Birds is the best wings restaurant I've ever been to, but they tend to attract Ravens fans on Sundays. No worries since you're going on Monday. All of them are NFL-centric restaurants. If you want a Bears bar, you'll need to go to Rosie O'Grady's in Normal Heights which is inland a few miles.

I'd invite you to my house but I you'd hate my wife's cooking.

Awesome, thank you. She's the best cook ever if she does the dishes.