Seabs oot for the year

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry today released the following medical update:

Forward Brandon Saad will be out approximately three weeks (right ankle).

Defenseman Calvin de Haan will undergo surgery tomorrow (right shoulder) and will be out for the remainder of the 2019-20 season.

Defenseman Brent Seabrook will undergo surgery tomorrow (right shoulder) and will be out for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. Seabrook is also scheduled to have surgery in early January (right hip) and in early February (left hip).

The team announced that de Haan and Seabrook were today placed on Long Term Injured Reserve.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seabs has been done for like 5 years now.

He should hang it up.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow, last report Seabroke did not even know why he was being scratched and Keith was pissed about it. I guess now its two hip replacements and a shoulder? Sure seems like Keith would have known about that.

That Saad deal really looked like that AC or MCL on the knee, not the ankle. Guess we lucked out on that one.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Wow that’s difficult news for Seabs.

Hope everything goes smoothly with those surgeries and the recovery periods. Yeah he’s slowed-down but he was doing the best he could w/ no dogging it out there.

All the best to him and the team going forward w/o his presence on the ice and in the L.R.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wow that’s difficult news for Seabs.

Hope everything goes smoothly with those surgeries and the recovery periods. Yeah he’s slowed-down but he was doing the best he could w/ no dogging it out there.

All the best to him and the team going forward w/o his presence on the ice and in the L.R.

Not really worried about the locker room. Thought there was too much confusion with the alternate captains being outplayed by every rookie on the team. Kane is being more vocal, deserves the A, does summer stuff in Florida with the kids, its long overdue the keeps that A permanently.

I am just waiting to hear some reports that Seabrook does not think he needs surgery and they are just using this as a reason to keep him off the ice.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Seabs, de Hahn, Saad everyone else to follow

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seabs went for as long as the wheels could hold up. Now we know why he has lost a step, and didnt want to throw the body around. Thanks for the Cups Seabs time to ride off

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Well Stan has cap money now to become buyers at the trade deadline....

By placing de Haan and Seabrook on LTIR, the Blackhawks freed up $11.4 million in cap space, giving them a little more than $12.8 million to spend at the trade deadline, according to Cap Friendly. But it's unclear how GM Stan Bowman may utilize it going forward.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

By placing de Haan and Seabrook on LTIR, the Blackhawks freed up $11.4 million in cap space, giving them a little more than $12.8 million to spend at the trade deadline, according to Cap Friendly. But it's unclear how GM Stan Bowman may utilize it going forward.
Why bother spending, the Hawks have plenty of needs, ride the year out, hopefully the draft lotto is good to them and secure another top rank pick and move forward. Let the kids play. Except for Kane and Keith the core has dwindled away.

Granada

Liked Posts:
There's Bowman great off-season acquisition -- de Haan -- out for the year. Guy was damaged goods when Bowman got him, and he still signs him to a multi-year contract. Yet another genius signing from Stan.

It's beyond clear what this team's problem is: the GM. If the Hawks don't fire him after this season, I may have to boycott the team until they do -- this is getting ridiculous. His signings are all complete dog shit.

Seabrook -- I've always liked him, even when people have been dogging him in recent years, but the writing is on the wall for him -- he should retire along with Crawford, who I also like. You have 3 Cups and you're mid-thirties; with gold medals to boot -- and you have families. I know the road and camaraderie is fun, but you really don't need to play this game anymore. You're multi-millionaires who are set for life. Just call it a career already and if you still really miss it that much, become a scout or a coach or something.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
These moves free up cap-space for the rest of the year but as has been mentioned the acquisition of de Haan w/ his previous injury issues was rather...well it was stupid. Anyone could have seen this coming except Bowman apparently.

No point in spending the savings earned. Anyone positive obtained would cause more cap-issues after the season's over and how to move the most difficult deals off the books to keep this or these hypothetical helpful acquisitions brought in to fill gaps created by this onslaught of injuries big and not-quite-as-big but serious in any case.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
There's Bowman great off-season acquisition -- de Haan -- out for the year. Guy was damaged goods when Bowman got him, and he still signs him to a multi-year contract. Yet another genius signing from Stan.

It's beyond clear what this team's problem is: the GM. If the Hawks don't fire him after this season, I may have to boycott the team until they do -- this is getting ridiculous. His signings are all complete dog shit.

Seabrook -- I've always liked him, even when people have been dogging him in recent years, but the writing is on the wall for him -- he should retire along with Crawford, who I also like. You have 3 Cups and you're mid-thirties; with gold medals to boot -- and you have families. I know the road and camaraderie is fun, but you really don't need to play this game anymore. You're multi-millionaires who are set for life. Just call it a career already and if you still really miss it that much, become a scout or a coach or something.
Hey Granada, I have already started the boycott. I rarely post anymore, just fed up with the direction this team is going. I just can’t fathom what Rocky is thinking in keeping McDonut and Staniel around along with this clown we call a coach in JC.
The only thing that keeps me remotely interested is Pat Kane, he still has a lot to give and it’s just sad to watch the team crumble around him. I haven’t purchased any merch in years, didn’t get my annual tixs to watch them in Montreal and Ottawa, I have just had enough of this clown show.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

VVV
Why bother spending, the Hawks have plenty of needs, ride the year out, hopefully the draft lotto is good to them and secure another top rank pick and move forward. Let the kids play. Except for Kane and Keith the core has dwindled away.
HiM beat me to it. The 'hawks aren't going anywhere so why spend?

The only possible solution I'd see is if this year is a wash, then maybe suck in a bad contract for this season only if we can get something out of it.

Knowing Bowman the Lesser though, I'm betting he blows it on "can't-miss" retreads

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure if Bowman is the guy to do it but it's clear what needs to be done. You become a buyer of sorts.....you pick up up some big, expiring or near expiring contracts and get paid with some picks or young players to do so. There are teams out there that want to add players for the stretch run but are capped out......the Hawks have close to $13 mil of cap relief....for a price.

It is not time to retool....it's time to rebuild.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is the year for rentals only. Seabroke got a deal he should have never been offered. De Haan never played an 82 game season, let alone another 20 in the playoffs. Three or 4 years was insane. So they are supposed to get rocky to give them another 11 million to blow? End up feeling cheated if he does not get long term guys, then cant afford Strome and Kubalik next summer?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure if Bowman is the guy to do it but it's clear what needs to be done. You become a buyer of sorts.....you pick up up some big, expiring or near expiring contracts and get paid with some picks or young players to do so. There are teams out there that want to add players for the stretch run but are capped out......the Hawks have close to $13 mil of cap relief....for a price.

It is not time to retool....it's time to rebuild.
Not "near-expiring" Expiring only. if the contract leaks into 2021 no thanks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The main guy I want to see back up is Holm in Rockford. He was a one way thru waivers to Rockford shot, so they were not going to bounce him back and forth and chance losing him thru waivers every time. You would think there would be a chance to stick here now. He has been solid, was pretty stout during camp to the point I was surprised he got thru to rockford. Maybe now there is a good enough shot to keep him here with Kukoo sharing nights off and still having someone to threaten the rest of the d men with.
Some of us thought Rockford was going to have a great team, but they are only 10th or 11th overall in points in the AHL, 4th in conference (althought their OTW skews numbers where there is a team with more points below them)
Still hoped to see Kurashev play here before making any deals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not "near-expiring" Expiring only. if the contract leaks into 2021 no thanks.

Why not? Do you expect this team to turn back into a cup contender in one off season? Sorry to disappoint but it's gonna take a bit longer than that. Although, I wouldn't go past 2021 with the contracts. If they get the right guy in here and if he does it right.....you could have the cap under control and new nucleus in place by 2022.

If Bowman stays? It's strictly a crap shoot....