Should Leonard Floyd be moved to middle linebacker ?

Jones7409

Liked Posts:
I personally think he has the coverage ability size and physicality to do it!!. He is not getting sacks and his calling card since college if you really scouted him is coverage and stopping the run . I believe he will make the pro bowl in the middle of the field..??!! Blitzing will be to his advantage also . He and Roquan would reek havoc!!!!!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'd move Ditch Mitch to tight end first, he's playing the wrong position. Requires less thinking...

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Why stop there, let's move him to Jumbo SS to replace HaHa.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
At what point did McClellan show the ability of Floyd?
McClellan would have been ok as a middle linebacker, but they asked him to bulk up to play DE, then had him cut weight to play OLB again. He might have been worth that pick position too.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
I personally think he has the coverage ability size and physicality to do it!!. He is not getting sacks and his calling card since college if you really scouted him is coverage and stopping the run . I believe he will make the pro bowl in the middle of the field..??!! Blitzing will be to his advantage also . He and Roquan would reek havoc!!!!!

The only place he should be moved to is off our roster with his $13M cap hit

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Throughout Bears meatball history people have tried to somehow reason a player either into the middle linebacker position or the safety

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Throughout Bears meatball history people have tried to somehow reason a player either into the middle linebacker position or the safety
how bout this for meatballism..
"aaron rodgers for BEARS OC position...make it happen." knowing damn well he could just play QB himself instead?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Should move him & his $13m cap hit off the roster. Can pick up a couple of players for better production with that cash.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about also letting Cordarrell Patterson crush it up in there too? He shows great tackling ability on special teams!

?‍♂️ :smug2: :poop:

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
He is another Pace draft bust. A better player maybe can be found for that 13 mil..

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
To the OP - Please delete your account, then kill yourself.

The reason I asked you to delete your account first is just in case you fail at killing yourself you at least cannot post anymore.

IMPORTANT NOTE - I DO NOT want you to kill yourself. Human life if precious and all people are important. I was using 'dark humor' to point out that I disagree with your recommendation. When players make these fairly large positional changes later in their careers it's typically a last ditch effort to validate them being worth being drafted. For Floyd I think he's best suited at a situational speed rusher. At this time his draft position/cap hit dictate that he gets a shot as a full time edge rusher, which unfortunately, he's not. Is he an NFL worthy edge rusher? Sure. Is a situational pass rusher worth a first round pick? Not really.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not permanently or officially, but I would like to see the Bears run a little 3-3-5 and move Floyd around a bunch more. I think it would allow Floyd to use his versatility more and not only rush him off the edge or drop him into coverage. With his ability to rush from off the ball, along with the blitzing ability of guys like Smith, KPL (if back), Kwitkoski (if back), and Skrine, theres a lot of opportunity to design some interesting rush packages while still only rushing 4 players.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I was for this earlier but with Kwit’s emergence, there is no room for this experiment. Roquan and Kwit should be the starting ILBs.
Now, if the Bears switch back to a 4-3, Floyd would probably do well as the WLB.