Should Leonard Floyd be moved to middle linebacker ?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
100++ million dollar linebackers just doesn't happen in the NFL.

He is paid to work the trenches and get to the QB

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Move him to strong safety lmao

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plug him in for some reps at TE if he can catch.
I don't recall him making any great INT grabs, but he has time to hit the jugs machine. Hell, play O & D to earn that pay & justify the pick.

+ put in some batting practice at Wrigley & grab a glove to earn the rest. Derrick Lee 2.0! :D

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Floyd will be on the roster next season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To the OP - Please delete your account, then kill yourself.

The reason I asked you to delete your account first is just in case you fail at killing yourself you at least cannot post anymore.

IMPORTANT NOTE - I DO NOT want you to kill yourself. Human life if precious and all people are important. I was using 'dark humor' to point out that I disagree with your recommendation. When players make these fairly large positional changes later in their careers it's typically a last ditch effort to validate them being worth being drafted. For Floyd I think he's best suited at a situational speed rusher. At this time his draft position/cap hit dictate that he gets a shot as a full time edge rusher, which unfortunately, he's not. Is he an NFL worthy edge rusher? Sure. Is a situational pass rusher worth a first round pick? Not really.

Hahahaha WTF....Too funny.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
I'd move Ditch Mitch to tight end first, he's playing the wrong position. Requires less thinking...
we did do it with McClellan we also did it with Urlacher he started out as an outside backer and sucked ! I do realize it’s not the same but it couldn’t hurt give it a go .

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Preston Smith's contract averages 13M a year. Would you rather have Smith or Floyd lining up opposite of Mack with Hicks in the middle? 13M should get you more than someone who is just good against the run and in coverage.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I think the key errors in your post was the "physicality" part you mentioned, and the durability part you didn't.

Brian Urlacher is about the tallest MLB you see out there, but Floyd does have intriguing range and quickness for his length.

There likely has never been a MLB 6'6" or taller, and there are physical reasons for that. I dont think he would last 1/4 season there. It's more likely to find a 5'10" one.

I forgive you OP because of his range and that Brian Urlachers usage...at least this is the right ball club to talk about a Lobo safety in the NFL.

If you flipped this discussion into a limited package or situational scenario, I'd be in for the experiment.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He should be on another team

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point move him to the released list. Guy was invisible and I'm not happy about Mack being largely invisible this season either. You don't pay a man like that, that much money to be invisible without Akiem Hicks. The seams are coming apart on this team. I have no hope for the 2020 season.