*** SITE UPDATE THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavus Adolphus

Shoe Salesman of the Year
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Nebraska Cornhuskers, Villanova Wildcats
So we already know that one member has special privileges, and is able to ignore a mod. I'm wondering why this can't be extended to other members? I can understand not being able to ignore Rush or Zack, but, for instance, I really didn't get along with Scoot, why can't I place him on ignore like other members? Seems to me that there's no real reason as to why I wouldn't be able.

nwfisch

#NeverTrump
Donator
So we already know that one member has special privileges, and is able to ignore a mod. I'm wondering why this can't be extended to other members? I can understand not being able to ignore Rush or Zack, but, for instance, I really didn't get along with Scoot, why can't I place him on ignore like other members? Seems to me that there's no real reason as to why I wouldn't be able.
Who is the handsome fella in your avatar??

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Fire Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks North Carolina Tar Heels
Heads up everyone.

The site will be down for maintenance beginning around 3 p.m. CDT on Friday afternoon. It will be down anywhere from 24-48 hours, so go enjoy your real lives during this time.

Why is the site down? Well, we are switching over from Vbulletin to Xenforo. Yep, finally upgrading everything and moving to the future of forums. It's been long enough, time to do it. The conversion was made last week but in order to save everyone's posts during that span and keep it updated, they need to go offline and convert that part.

When it does come back up, the forum will be bare. The posts and threads will be there, but it will have a generic look for at least a week and probably more. We are going to work on customizing everything as we go so please be patient.

XenForo is much more mobile friendly than VBulletin and there are a lot more features we can do. As for your awards, we will have to figure that part out as we go lol.

Thanks.

iueyedoc

Globetrotter
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Indiana Hoosiers
So you are saying Mitch Trubisky will be kidnapped by al-Qaeda, Howard traded to Green Bay, and Khalil Mack will be arrested with a transvestite prostitute while a heroin needle is sticking out of his arm starting at 3:08 tomorrow.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
actually, can you guys skin the site by default? at least some kind of dark mode with grey background and white text or something?

I think it would help the site. white screen message boards look bad and unprofessional and are hard to look at

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
actually, can you guys skin the site by default? at least some kind of dark mode with grey background and white text or something?

I think it would help the site. white screen message boards look bad and unprofessional and are hard to look at
I know when I'm at CCS the thing I'm worried about most is the site looking professional.................

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
I'll work on different skins. Might not be right away, but please be patient. Might be learning this on the fly lol
cool man, thanks!

At least a basic dark mode style would be super appreciated. The whole staring at a white screen thing is super antiquated.

Status
Not open for further replies.