So why does everyone consider Matt Nagy an "offensive genius"?

msadows

Liked Posts:
His offense is literally offensive.

The guy had SIX, count them, SIX, games as a playcaller before joining the bears.

We donned him as this "genius", but was it fools gold?

Look at the current offensive geniuses in the NFL. ALL of the young guys had multiple years of playcalling before taking over duties as a HC/playcaller. Lafleur is the only one in recent memory I could remember as green as Nagy and he at least had a full season to call plays for the Titans.

All we know about the guy is his playcalling so far has lost him playoff games in two straight years, and in the 3rd his playcalling led to a bottom 3 offense.

Offensive Genius my ass.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't remember anyone here calling him an offensive genius. I thought it was obvious that he was going to be learning on the job, like Trubisky. He is 19-13 in two seasons.

You should relax, enjoy the holidays, and stop "donning" any coach. That must be uncomfortable. Unless it's your thing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything that you said. He’s no offensive Guru. He IS a great salesman though.

I do not doubt his ability to lead men. He seems like a great coach to play for. As far as his gametime decisions, gameplanning, and playcalling, he is fucking miserable.

Ohh, and his worst quality? On the fly adjustments. How many times have we seen his clueless ass take until halftime to figure out how to counter what the defense is throwing at him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I guess when you think Trubisky is a good QB, it makes it mandatory for everything and everyone else to be horrible in order to explain things...

I do not think trubisky is a good QB.

Just like I don't think Matt Nagy is an NFL playcaller.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I do not think trubisky is a good QB.

Just like I don't think Matt Nagy is an NFL playcaller.
I don't think he's a good playcaller either. I think he should be forced to hire a real OC and have his playcalling duties stripped, so he can focus on those other things you stated he is good at. And hipefully the rest will improve once he isnt stretched so thin.

I'm not a fan of any NFL HC calling plays...

Reactions: Myk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DespBro I'm sure.
I don't think Desp has been around since Nagy was hired but I could be wrong.

I just can't think of a single poster that has heralded Nagy as an offensive genius in any sort of context implied by the OP of this dumb thread.

In the spirit of Christmas I will utilize Google with a series of searches to assist the OP and will give him the benefit of the doubt. BRB

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Okay so I found one post, not from last year, but just in the last month, from @CRM 114 which would support @msadows thread (I guess lol)

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "Some guru/genius!" thing is said by Bears fans about basically every offensive coach. Radio bit?

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
His offense is literally offensive.

The guy had SIX, count them, SIX, games as a playcaller before joining the bears.

We donned him as this "genius", but was it fools gold?

Look at the current offensive geniuses in the NFL. ALL of the young guys had multiple years of playcalling before taking over duties as a HC/playcaller. Lafleur is the only one in recent memory I could remember as green as Nagy and he at least had a full season to call plays for the Titans.

All we know about the guy is his playcalling so far has lost him playoff games in two straight years, and in the 3rd his playcalling led to a bottom 3 offense.

Offensive Genius my ass.
I agree shit looks like Chip Kelly. And someone remind me of where he is?...out of the league. The plays the players etc seemed so outmatched glad we didn't get any further we would have embarrassed ourselves.
KC showed us once again what this O is supposed to look like.