some reasonable Viking posts

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1. The Bear front 7 is a lot like the Raider front 7. The Bears are probably more talented overall, but it's not a huge difference. The Bears have the big bodies in the middle of the DL with good talent on the edges and a solid group of LBs led by a proven difference-maker in Mack. Like Burfict, he's a guy who flies around, disrupts things, and makes plays.
2. Vikes-killer Jordan Howard is gone and that should work to the Vikings benefit. I didn't see too much of the Bears/Broncos but I thought playcalling hurt them as much as anything in week 1 against GB. It will be interesting to see what they do tonight.
3. We will have trouble scoring on the Bears. Plus they create TOs. Rodgers put up 10. IMO they better stick with the ground game our Mack will strip Cousins. Plus our D needs to have a stellar performance. Trubisky hasn't had much success we better let that continue. If not we won't win. This game will come down to our D. If we get behind by 10 turn off the lights. We won't block that pass rush and at that point anything can up and non of it will be good. .
4.They need to rely on Cook. He's a stud right now and our OL can't pass block at all. Mack we be a breakaway train. To me our D needs to take it over. If they allow this QB to pass on them we don't have a chance. Shut the stiff down and run the ball. Cousins isn't good enough to beat them alone. Rodgers put up 10 points. I don't see Cousins and our O doing that. Zim needs to plan our O only getting 7. So he has some work to do. Shut them out and we win easy. Anything beyond 7 and we won't win.
5. It will come down to the OL blocking. If they let Mack do whatever he wants the ball will be on the ground. A QB who don't fumble like Case had how many fumbles and right from the start. This idiot OC we have better recognize that Mack can blow us up and adjust his micky mouse scheme to try an eliminate him from the action.
Vikes should run on 1st and 2nd and if they get in a 3rd and long, run again then punt. If they attempt more than 20 passes Kirk will have 3TO. Just keep running and hope the D can keep us in the game. If we fall behind by double digits it’s game over.

20-3 bears
Ugh
7. Soldier Field hasn't been a great place to play for #Vikings, who are 3-15 in last 18 trips (2-3 under Zimmer).
8. I don't have confidence enough to predict a win. That defense is going to force Cousins to make plays in the passing game and he hasn't shown he can do that consistently against good teams.
9. If I had to put money on it, the Vikes lose by 10 points. Zimmer not only cant win tough road games, he rarely has his team ready to play. OMG, I think the Vikes will lose, I am a bad fan!!!
10. Goals: 1) Find an answer for Mack 2) Find an answer for Trubisky's mobility

I have looked thru about 5 Viking boards and they pretty much don't expect to win in Chicago. None are making outlandish predictions. Most expect us to focus on shutting down Cook. Most all think Cousins should not attempt more the 15 to 20 passes. Most also fear Trubisky outside the pocket and no fear of Trubisky inside the pocket.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I legit don't see this getting out of hand for either team. Weather could play a factor, whoever wins the turnover battle to get field position will win. Don't see too many points being scored in this one. If Hicks is out, I might give the edge to Minnesota.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are Vikes fans so down? I'd think they would be more confident going into this game.

Then again, they are like 6 years into having a good D and bad QB. Maybe they are getting worn out.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I legit don't see this getting out of hand for either team. Weather could play a factor, whoever wins the turnover battle to get field position will win. Don't see too many points being scored in this one. If Hicks is out, I might give the edge to Minnesota.
Ya, but, it could get out of hand. Our offense is due to explode but on a more serous note I truly believe Cousins can hand us points. I could see a big Bears win. Shut Cook down and we win handily.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Why are Vikes fans so down? I'd think they would be more confident going into this game.

Then again, they are like 6 years into having a good D and bad QB. Maybe they are getting worn out.
Post No 7. --- Soldier Field hasn't been a great place to play for #Vikings, who are 3-15 in last 18 trips (2-3 under Zimmer).

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Vikings are much healthier. That is my only concern about losing this game. Losing Hicks or at best a limited Hicks doesn’t help against a very good run team.

Bears need a bye week!

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in MN and the people I've spoken to think they have the more complete team and should win, but aren't super confident.

If you were to ask me what the bigger mismatch is, Bears O vd Vikings D or Vikings O vs Bears D, I have to think the Vikings D has the bigger edge over the Bears O.

All that being said, I think the 'big game" thing is in Cousins head so I pick bears.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I’m 45 and have been a fan since I was 10-12 years old. It’s family thing. I grew up watching the Vikes at Sunday dinner at my Grandma’s house, during and after dinner with my entire extended family. My earliest memories are AC, DJ Dozer, Millard, Dozier, Kramer, Wilson, etc....

As of today, I’m swearing them off till they have a new QB and head coach. This has to stop. I don’t know what’s next, but I do know that the leadership and team as it’s constructed now will NEVER win us a trophy, and it’s too painful for me to watch.

Sad to say it, but I quit. I’ll be back when things change, but for now I’m checking out.

:bearstroll:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Because they have Cousins on their team.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is that post by dude who said Vikings would win 40 something to like 10

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because they have Cousins on their team.
Some posters on this board overrate him egregiously. I watched the game today with my Vikings buddies and they all can't stand him. They want Keenum or Bridgewater back at 20 million less and get the same production.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That was a pitiful performance. Out prepared, out coached, out played on both sides of the ball. Hard to know where to start with detailing the shortcomings of a performance like that. The Bears where missing 3 defensive starters and there starting QB and they still made the Vikings look like D II school.

The game was kind of weird. It wasn't really as close as the score indicated.