Something that is being over looked from Thursday

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The defense played like absolute warriors, particularly in the front 7. Without 3 key leaders, Hicks, Danny T, and Roquan (who according to Hoge and Jahns played almost the entire first drive with a torn Pec because he refused to come out of the game), they shut down Ezekiel Elliot and that great Dallas OL. Chuck Pagano has done a great job keeping this unit playing at a high level despite injury.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
back up linebackers did a hell of a job....

It certainly helped that the Cowboys were the keystone cops for most of the game though......it was a shitty gameplan they had.

This a case where the offense took the Cowboys out their game plan in the second half........The offense, racking up points made the Cowboys a one dimensional team.

Last edited:

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would agree wholeheartedly with the OP right up until about the last 10 minutes of the game when Pagano went into the soft defense..I know all about the strategy of it all, I just don't agree with it..Play whatever worked for 3 quarters..If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I would agree wholeheartedly with the OP right up until about the last 10 minutes of the game when Pagano went into the soft defense..I know all about the strategy of it all, I just don't agree with it..Play whatever worked for 3 quarters..If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I wonder how much of this at the direction of Nagy. Didn’t Fangio do the same thing last year too?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I can’t complain too much but if they are going into a soft prevent, they better not give up big plays which they did several times.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can’t complain too much but if they are going into a soft prevent, they better not give up big plays which they did several times.
Plus, they allowed the Dallas receivers to get out of bounds thereby stopping the clock

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many teams have you seen that don’t go into a soft zone late with a big lead? The only team I can think of is the patriots
I wonder why they are so successful?...lol

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I can’t stand the long 3rd and 4th down conversions. It seems like we’ve had more success bringing the blitz on 4th downs as opposed to rushing only 3 and play zone coverage.

Other than that, the defense played well against a very stout OL

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last week is the first time I watched a Bears game this year and was thoroughly entertained. As a fan, that's all I ask. I'm not a SB or bust kinda fan.

But when we went conservative on both offense & defense for the 4th quarter...it was getting hard to watch. They beat the Cowgirls worse than the score seemed.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I didnt really mind the soft d in that game because the lead was large enough.

Another thing worth mentioning is that nagy kept the team together in what seemed like an almost done season.
He might not be the best OC but he seems like a good HC. I hope he gives up play calling duties and just focuses on being a HC.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The defense played like absolute warriors, particularly in the front 7. Without 3 key leaders, Hicks, Danny T, and Roquan (who according to Hoge and Jahns played almost the entire first drive with a torn Pec because he refused to come out of the game), they shut down Ezekiel Elliot and that great Dallas OL. Chuck Pagano has done a great job keeping this unit playing at a high level despite injury.

It's gotta be the throwback uniforms and Roquan is just faking this injury right?

E.Elliott had 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's so not quite shutting him down.

Getting A.Hicks back will be big for stopping the run and Kwiat is good against the run as well. KPL being our cover LBer is a little worrisome but he'll be better than Kwiat i hope.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I agree they did a great job but I am worried about how they cope with GB and Chiefs. Last time Kwit played against Rodgers he got picked apart in coverage.

Hopefully Hicks can come in and step up the pass rush and Prince gets fit.

KPL played really well.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It's gotta be the throwback uniforms and Roquan is just faking this injury right?

E.Elliott had 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's so not quite shutting him down.

Getting A.Hicks back will be big for stopping the run and Kwiat is good against the run as well. KPL being our cover LBer is a little worrisome but he'll be better than Kwiat i hope.
Take away his one big run and his numbers don’t look as good

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
back up linebackers did a hell of a job....

It certainly helped that the Cowboys were the keystone cops for most of the game though......it was a shitty gameplan they had.

This a case where the offense took the Cowboys out their game plan in the second half........The offense, racking up points made the Cowboys a one dimensional team.

The Cowboys are not good at playing from behind and when the FG was missed and we took that lead they seemed to get away from Zeke and depend more on Dak. Dak also only used 4 players throughout the game until the 4th quarter when he decided it was time to get yards without his favorite targets. This was what allowed them to come back. He also was skipping balls into his WRs because he was under alot of pressure which he created by standing in the pocket too long. He might have a lot of yards but he holds the ball too damn long.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fuller dropping picks hurts. He’s so good at jumping those short routes with his closing speed but has Amos hands.