Something that is being over looked from Thursday

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I would agree wholeheartedly with the OP right up until about the last 10 minutes of the game when Pagano went into the soft defense..I know all about the strategy of it all, I just don't agree with it..Play whatever worked for 3 quarters..If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
exactly this is where i have to agre with and i hate saying it Belichick because that mother will score a td up twenty on last play of game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
LMAO. This is the dumbest sentiment and somehow it's quite common. Take away his two TDs and he'd have zero.

You can't take it away. It happened and he earned it.
It is a common poor choice of words. What they are trying to say is that he was held in check for the whole game besides one big run, which he earned.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You do understand that that's normal right? A lot of RB's that have good games usually end up with one or two big runs to go with many 3-4-5-6 yard runs. I would think anyone that watched football would know this. So again, 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's IS NOT shutting him down.
You DO realize that he averaged 2.83 for those 18 rushes so there weren't a whole lot of 3-4-5-6 yard runs.

Yes, he got 2 short yardage TDs, had one great run and ended up with 82 yards, but, besides the 1 huge run (which he earned) all of the rest of the game could have been accomplished by any run-of-the-mill RB in the NFL. There was 1 "WOW" play for Elliott. If Elliott had had several "WOW" plays during the game, the outcome could have been very different.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isnt a wonder, that is how he gets interceptions. Play off, read QB, break on the ball. Hes literally the best in the NFL at that type of coverage.
In the meantime, he gives up 6-7-8 completions

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, if you understand football that defense is played at the end of games when teams are winning to burn clock.

Thanks.
Like I said...I understand the philosophy, I just dont agree with it...neither does Belechik..I would rather OUR team burn the clock on offense

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Like I said...I understand the philosophy, I just dont agree with it...neither does Belechik
Lol at this. Bill is notorious for making “his” system around his personnel. Isn’t this exactly what you got upset at Nagy for???? If bill’s #1 corner was Kyle Fuller he would have a system that allows him to play his off coverage.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at this. Bill is notorious for making “his” system around his personnel. Isn’t this exactly what you got upset at Nagy for???? If bill’s #1 corner was Kyle Fuller he would have a system that allows him to play his off coverage.
My comment has nothing to do with your point..It has to do with a basic philosophy of keeping the ball on offense at the end of the game..2 totally different conversations

But as long as you brought it up..Belechik drafts players to fit his system..Thats not what we have going on in Chicago

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
My comment has nothing to do with your point..It has to do with a basic philosophy of keeping the ball on offense at the end of the game..2 totally different conversations

But as long as you brought it up..Belechik drafts players to fit his system..Thats not what we have going on in Chicago
You got some examples? And again bill does not have a system. He changes it every year to fit his personnel. That is well documented.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You got some examples?
Just watch this years games and watch Nagy try and force his trick plays...That should be enough for you..also watch Nagy try and change Trubiskys style into a pocket passer in those losses we recently had

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Like I said...I understand the philosophy, I just dont agree with it...neither does Belechik..I would rather OUR team burn the clock on offense
Belichick doesn't have trubisky at qb.

BEARS

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Just watch this years games and watch Nagy try and force his trick plays...That should be enough for you
I’m talking about Chicago not drafting players to fit this system which was your original point. Do you have any examples?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m talking about Chicago not drafting players to fit this system which was your original point. Do you have any examples?
I just did...Trubisky..he is a mobile QB and passes on the run...Nagy tried to turn him into a pocket passer..prime example

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I just did...Trubisky..he is a mobile QB and passes on the run...Nagy tried to turn him into a pocket passer..prime example
So.... this has nothing to do with draft philosophy? Nagy was not here when Mitch was drafted in case you missed that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
But he tried to force his system onto him, which is my point
No your point literally was “But as long as you brought it up..Belechik drafts players to fit his system..Thats not what we have going on in Chicago”. You have since changed that point because you realize it was a stupid point.