Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they must have fallen in love with the head to head version of Mazara. He’s certainly had some nice outings against the Sox.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He can't be the solution at RF. I gotta imagine they are going to add more?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
He can't be the solution at RF. I gotta imagine they are going to add more?

nah. theyll dumpster dive for a reclamation starter or two and call it an offseason.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had hope Steel could become a depth bat rising in the system like Houston has 5 of at a time.
Premature sale of our player. Desperate waste of time with the one we got because they cant sign anyone.

Reinsdorf cant discern quality people to surround himself with anymore.

It appears the Sox and Bulls situations have to get worse, or collapse entirely. This is gonna take a while.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Neither franchise has put together a good season in how long now? Collapse lol I think that ship sailed long ago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nah. theyll dumpster dive for a reclamation starter or two and call it an offseason.
I'd be fine with Jay and Engel.

They NEED pitching and defense, bats should be good enough next year, and mature for the length of Abreus last sox contract, 3 years or so.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I guess my second take on the Mazara trade is that first of all, Ozuna was plan A, so I cant be too mad.

Likely the acquisition of Vaughn made Walker expendable in their eyes, is Vaughn a lefty, or Mazara too? Those facts would make some sense, so they sought to fill a need a little longer term for cheap in short term, freeing up some pitching money.

This was about maximizing resources to field a better team short and long term. Cant argue.

Just sign some pitching and I'll approve of their off-season effort given the budget.

Vaughn is right handed. Mazara is a lefty.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mazara can hit right handed pitching pretty well, awful against lefties. Likely a platoon player.

He's only like a year older than Steele Walker. I'm not really a fan of Mazara, but I think that his current production is about the highest possible ceiling for Walker.

NellieFox

Liked Posts:
My friends in Dallas are in disbelief they got so little in return for Mazara. So I went back and watched ~25 Rangers games including the Sox vs Rangers. My conclusion is this a very underrated trade.

1. We get a guy who batted either 3rd or 4th in the Rangers lineup that scored more than 100 runs more than the Sox and 6 more wins.
2. Steele Walker is almost the same age and had similar offensive stats in class A that Mazara achieved in the MLB. There is an enormous difference between MLB pitching and A ball pitching.
3. Mazara played through a hand injury and I think there is a good possibility that Mazara beats his previous production.
4. Mazara is better defensively than advertised ... at least based on the games I watched.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
welcome