dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just hope getting a speed receiver is on Pace's list like it is on many of ours cause our WR roster isn't very strong after ARob and A.Miller and Miller has to prove he can take hits on that shoulder and be able to keep playing and not needing shoulder surgery........again. Unfortunately guys like Robby Anderson and probably even B.Perriman will be out of our price range but i'm hoping Pace can do a little trading back with those 2nd round picks and grab a speedster in the 3rd, 4th or even 5th round. Really deep WR class so i think there will be some guys to get all through the draft.

Despite the abundance of young talent the Bears have at wide receiver, the position will still be one that is emphasized for the rest of the offseason.
The team released veteran starter Taylor Gabriel in February to create cap space. As the depth chart stands, Riley Ridley - last year’s fourth-round pick - will likely step into the starting ‘Z’ role. While he is a talented player who arguably played too small of a role in Matt Nagy’s offense this past season, the Bears’ current group of receivers lacks a burner; a true deep threat who can fly past defenders with blazing speed and take the top off the defense.
Allen Robinson is Chicago’s clear-cut No. 1 target, but he tends to win more with finesse, physicality and technique than he does with pure speed. Anthony Miller wins with precision in his routes and is quicker than fast, while Javon Wims is more of a physical, big-bodied target than a burner. One could make the argument that Cordarrelle Patterson fits the athletic profile of a “speed receiver”, but he’s much more of a versatile gadget player who should be relied upon in spurts offensively, rather than as a full-time wideout.
Luckily for the Bears, this year’s draft class is incredibly deep at wide receiver, and there are still a handful of talented veterans available to acquire. Considering how much talent there is for them to choose from, Chicago would be smart to add some speed to their current group of receivers to give them a well-rounded and dangerous arsenal of weapons.
Let’s take a look at a few speedy receivers the Bears could consider adding, whether it be through free agency, the draft or other avenues.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Depends how they feel about burton. If they are confident he can come back healthy this season I don't even see them bringing in another WR#2. They might take a flyer on a guy in the 5th round to be the bottom roster WR.

If both burton/graham are Good 2 Go they would be running a lot more 2 WR sets than last year. No need for anyone besides miller/robinson in that scenario.

I would gladly take Demarcus Robinson tho.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Depends how they feel about burton. If they are confident he can come back healthy this season I don't even see them bringing in another WR#2. They might take a flyer on a guy in the 5th round to be the bottom roster WR.

If both burton/graham are Good 2 Go they would be running a lot more 2 WR sets than last year. No need for anyone besides miller/robinson in that scenario.

I would gladly take Demarcus Robinson tho.

If Miller gets hurt are you comfortable with Ridley/Wims as the #2? I'm not especially when Miller is by far the fastest receiver we have and he's really more quick then he is fast, unless we use C.Patterson more which i could actually see them doing. I think somewhere in the draft they draft a WR even if it's in the 6th or 7th round.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears need to take a look at Adrian Killins, convert him from a RB to WR, dude is freak

Killins is rocket fast and would be great in the slot but UCF primarily used him as a RB. He could replicate what Cohen does with more speed but less wiggle. For a little guy, he actually runs pretty well between the tackles too. I don’t see him as an outside WR at all.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Killins is rocket fast and would be great in the slot but UCF primarily used him as a RB. He could replicate what Cohen does with more speed but less wiggle. For a little guy, he actually runs pretty well between the tackles too. I don’t see him as an outside WR at all.
At least he runs north and south vs east and west, I love this kid and can probably get him in the 7th if not a UDA

also as a slot guy is what I'd use his speed for. He's like DJack that just needs to work on his hands otherwise he's a killer like you and I see on the speed end

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I have been on the Antonio Gibson bandwagon for awhile. 6’0, 225 and ran a 4.39. Out of Memphis. Big play ability. More power, speed and skill than Cohen IMO. Primarily used as a pass catcher out of the backfield but has power to run between the tackles. Runs north-south, which would be nice to see for a change. Chess piece on offense. I honestly feel he will be one of the biggest mid-round steals from this draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cause trading down is always a sure fire way to get a better player

This forum need a Beginners Forum, where NFL noobs can post stupid shit, get beaten down and come back a better poster

lol for once I agree with you're Special person ass

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have been on the Antonio Gibson bandwagon for awhile. 6’0, 225 and ran a 4.39. Out of Memphis. Big play ability. More power, speed and skill than Cohen IMO. Primarily used as a pass catcher out of the backfield but has power to run between the tackles. Runs north-south, which would be nice to see for a change. Chess piece on offense. I honestly feel he will be one of the biggest mid-round steals from this draft.

Funny how you guys want to replace a RB who in the NFL had a better season than the one year this guy just put up....

I like him too, but I don't think we need to draft a cohen replacement. That's just dumb. Gibson isn't near as good a route runner, not as near as elusive in his hips either. Tarik is literally like a freaking human joystick, gibson is no where near that. Tarik has better vision too.

Go compare tarik's college scouting report to gibsons. Tarik blows him out the water.....

Guy had one bad year due to the fact he got superior coverage to 2018 and everyone is freaking out calling him a bust. Busts dont get 1.2k yards in a season, 700+ yards as a running back. He's fine.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Miller gets hurt are you comfortable with Ridley/Wims as the #2? I'm not especially when Miller is by far the fastest receiver we have and he's really more quick then he is fast, unless we use C.Patterson more which i could actually see them doing. I think somewhere in the draft they draft a WR even if it's in the 6th or 7th round.

I'm fine with those 5 WR's.

Whats the point of using a 4th rounder on ridley(Who was supposed to be a bottom 2nd/early 3rd pick), if we are never going to play him?

Ridley legit had a higher grade on him than Anthony Miller did coming out in the draft. Yes we don't have a burner, but I think that shit is overblown. Arob and Miller are more than capable of stretching the field in single coverage. Alshon/Marshall were never fast and did a lot of damage deep with cutty.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
If it came down to it and they just needed some guy to take the top off to open up underneath for AR and Miller can't Patterson and Cohen do it?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Funny how you guys want to replace a RB who in the NFL had a better season than the one year this guy just put up....

I like him too, but I don't think we need to draft a cohen replacement. That's just dumb. Gibson isn't near as good a route runner, not as near as elusive in his hips either. Tarik is literally like a freaking human joystick, gibson is no where near that. Tarik has better vision too.

Go compare tarik's college scouting report to gibsons. Tarik blows him out the water.....

Guy had one bad year due to the fact he got superior coverage to 2018 and everyone is freaking out calling him a bust. Busts dont get 1.2k yards in a season, 700+ yards as a running back. He's fine.

Gibson can spell Monty in the backfield. Cohen cannot. He is not at his most effective being used as RB 2, despite the numbers he put up at NC AT&T. Defenses adjusted, and his production dipped as a result. Not sure why you say Cohen has good vision-he does not. I like Cohen also, but he is a gadget player. He can’t do what he did in college against NFL talent consistently. When they adjusted, Cohens numbers dropped. Gibson just wasn’t used as much in college, and his pass catching ability and vision is far superior to Cohen’s. He will put up better numbers in the NFL than Cohen will.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If it came down to it and they just needed some guy to take the top off to open up underneath for AR and Miller can't Patterson and Cohen do it?

Yes.

The issue was not the fact they didn't have a "stretcher" of the field last year. They had Gabriel, Patterson, and Cohen.

They also had AR/Miller who both run more than fast enough 40's and are excellent tracking and playing the ball in the air. They both ran 4.4 40's at their pro day, and both had near 40 inch verticals.

The issue last year with the vertical game was:

1) Lack of time allotted to the QB by the shit oline.
2) Lack of accuracy by mitch, but it was actually better than last year, we just didnt go deep as much because of.....#3
3)We saw a lot of nickel/dime/quarter. Most teams played 6 at most in the box, it was rare we saw more than that, and when we saw 6 we couldn't make them pay with the run game. Mitch plays safe a lot, and he didn't pull the deep trigger a lot because he didnt get as many single coverage looks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gibson can spell Monty in the backfield. Cohen cannot. He is not at his most effective being used as RB 2, despite the numbers he put up at NC AT&T. Defenses adjusted, and his production dipped as a result. Not sure why you say Cohen has good vision-he does not. I like Cohen also, but he is a gadget player. He can’t do what he did in college against NFL talent consistently. When they adjusted, Cohens numbers dropped. Gibson just wasn’t used as much in college, and his pass catching ability and vision is far superior to Cohen’s. He will put up superior numbers in the NFL than Cohen will.

You mean the guy who had 350 yards rushing in college? lol okay.

You're basing cohens production off a season where no runningback could have had a productive year. If you don't believe me go ahead and rewatch one of the games in All 22 and go throw up.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Yes.

The issue was not the fact they didn't have a "stretcher" of the field last year. They had Gabriel, Patterson, and Cohen.

They also had AR/Miller who both run more than fast enough 40's and are excellent tracking and playing the ball in the air. They both ran 4.4 40's at their pro day, and both had near 40 inch verticals.

The issue last year with the vertical game was:

1) Lack of time allotted to the QB by the shit oline.
2) Lack of accuracy by mitch, but it was actually better than last year, we just didnt go deep as much because of.....#3
3)We saw a lot of nickel/dime/quarter. Most teams played 6 at most in the box, it was rare we saw more than that, and when we saw 6 we couldn't make them pay with the run game. Mitch plays safe a lot, and he didn't pull the deep trigger a lot because he didnt get as many single coverage looks.
Yes agree with everything you said.
Pace should really focus on the o line now.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I'm also a big fan of Jalen Reagor. Either would be great fits for the offense.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
You mean the guy who had 350 yards rushing in college? lol okay.

You're basing cohens production off a season where no runningback could have had a productive year. If you don't believe me go ahead and rewatch one of the games in All 22 and go throw up.

I’m not saying I’m not a fan of Cohen. What I am saying is that he doesn’t have the size or vision to be a RB 2 behind Monty. Cohen should be lined up to run vert routes, defenses will be forced to respect that threat and shade a safety over. No defense is scared of Cohen trying to run between the tackles.

Like I said, Gibson was used more as a pass catching back at Memphis. But he will be a bigger threat out of the backfield than Cohen. Pretty much any of the top 10 or 15 RBs in this draft will be.