Speeding / Parking Tickets

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I was in my truck, and it was a challenger i was having fun with . Wide open hi-way all clear no one around...........so i thought

That was your first mistake

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I got a speeding ticket 20 mph over. Have you ever went to court to fight the ticket. I'm guilty as sin, the only way i think i can get out of it is if the Officer didnt show up for court. Actually i was drag racing and was slowing down when he got me , so i guess it could have been worse.
Get court supervision. Costs more than pleading guilty, but saves on insurance going forward.

Fighting it in court won’t work. When it comes to traffic tickets “guilty until proven innocent “ prevails.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
This thread reminds me that I recently received two parking tickets. However, on both tickets, they put the wrong license plate. Whoever issued the tickets must be dyslexic because it had the same two letters reversed. So now the moral dilemma is whether I should pay the tickets. There is no way for them to track me down if I don't pay the tickets because the only identifying info on the ticket is the license plate.

I will probably pay the tickets because (1) it's not too much and (2) some poor innocent sap who owns the erroneously written license plate will be stuck paying the tickets if I don't.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got a speeding ticket 20 mph over. Have you ever went to court to fight the ticket. I'm guilty as sin, the only way i think i can get out of it is if the Officer didnt show up for court. Actually i was drag racing and was slowing down when he got me , so i guess it could have been worse.
What's the fine on 20 over these days?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread reminds me that I recently received two parking tickets. However, on both tickets, they put the wrong license plate. Whoever issued the tickets must be dyslexic because it had the same two letters reversed. So now the moral dilemma is whether I should pay the tickets. There is no way for them to track me down if I don't pay the tickets because the only identifying info on the ticket is the license plate.

I will probably pay the tickets because (1) it's not too much and (2) some poor innocent sap who owns the erroneously written license plate will be stuck paying the tickets if I don't.
That's very admirable of you .

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get court supervision. Costs more than pleading guilty, but saves on insurance going forward.

Fighting it in court won’t work. When it comes to traffic tickets “guilty until proven innocent “ prevails.
I'll pay the fine, the fine is not what i worried about, it was the insurance going up.
Insurance man ," off the record " told me i'l be fine not to worry about it .

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll pay the fine, the fine is not what i worried about, it was the insurance going up.
Insurance man ," off the record " told me i'l be fine not to worry about it .
Get that supervision and stay clean.

I used to think supervision as a penalty was a laughable joke...like I got away with not going to driving school.
Then, after a couple tickets in a couple years and being on supervision forever, I realized it did change my driving habits significantly.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Supervision was a way for the local municipality to make money and screw over the insurance companies.

A brutally honest judge explained it to us one day, the court gets the money up front but never sends the paperwork to Springfield so the insurance company never knows about it, we win long term, the court wins, the only loser is the insurance companies, but who cares about them.

I haven't had a ticket in years, so I have no idea if that system is still in place.