Sports Mockery: Chicago Bears 2020 Mock Offseason: Trubisky Saves His Job

Bort

Liked Posts:
The franchise tag, and if they are willing to match, which I think is likely, why go?

I'm guessing he's in Nashville next year. I'm also guessing the Bears aren't going to eat over $7mil by cutting Leno.

The Titans are considering tagging Tannehill if they can't reach a deal with him. They also have to deal with Derrick Henry being a UFA. They may have no tag to use on Conklin and less cap room than you think.

Also, I agree that Pace is unlikely to cut Leno, which is too bad because it's the right move.

Bort

Liked Posts:
He can't be worse than Bobby Massie but I don't know if he's an upgrade over Charles Leno who is pretty decent. Bobby Massie should be the first tackle out.

The problem is that Massie's contract has so much dead money that it would cost cap space to cut or trade him. His contract is an albatross.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
other than comedy, sportsmockery has no value

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The problem is that Massie's contract has so much dead money that it would cost cap space to cut or trade him. His contract is an albatross.

It will suck to lose the 2.5 million but it's not worth choosing to cut Leno over Massie not in the slightest.

Released Bobby Massie
(Saved: $-2,500,000)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Titans are considering tagging Tannehill if they can't reach a deal with him. They also have to deal with Derrick Henry being a UFA. They may have no tag to use on Conklin and less cap room than you think.

Also, I agree that Pace is unlikely to cut Leno, which is too bad because it's the right move.
The Titans have $61mil, before they make any cuts.
And $30mil+ franchise tag on Tannehill? Doubtful. They are going to sign him to a nice deal though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And $30mil+ franchise tag on Tannehill? Doubtful. They are going to sign him to a nice deal though.

I've seen this movie before

Bort

Liked Posts:

Where are you getting that number? overthecap has the Titans with $36 million available in 2020.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting that number? overthecap has the Titans with $36 million available in 2020.
Spotrac, my guess is that OTC isn't rolling in their cap from this year, $24m.

Bort

Liked Posts:
It will suck to lose the 2.5 million but it's not worth choosing to cut Leno over Massie not in the slightest.

Released Bobby Massie
(Saved: $-2,500,000)

They could cut Leno AND Massie and end up slightly ahead cap-wise, but Pace would never do it even though Lucas doesn't even look like a downgrade from Massie.