Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-young-squeegee-plan-20190612-story.html
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/09/6671...vers-want-city-to-crack-down-on-squeegee-kids
https://www.reddit.com/r/baltimore/comments/9jtaei

So in Baltimore(America's left nut), at many traffic lights there are kids trying to clean your car windshield with squeegees(presumably stolen from gas stations)
These fuckers jump out in traffic or dilly dally past a red light all for the sake of giving you a shitty squeegee job in hopes you pay them money.
The problem is that they don't take no for an answer and have resorted to violence against some drivers.
Has anyone encountered them in other cities?
At first, I was like "neato torpedo the kids are out here making a buck!" But now after several years, I simply want to throat punch them all. It is a real nuisance.
I mean seriously, when you tell these fuckers "No thankyou" It can get ugly.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've ran into them in Houston and Dallas, although they weren't kids. They were also not pushy. I just shook my head and they kept on going down the line.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They got rid of them at Detroit. Just like how bums owned their spot on highway ramps these kids owned their spot at the gas stations.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marginally better than just begging I suppose

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wait, I thought the squeegee thing was a homeless thing, are these punks taking the "jobs" from Americas beloved homeless?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wait, I thought the squeegee thing was a homeless thing, are these punks taking the "jobs" from Americas beloved homeless?
I would argue the kids may be homeless too. I've run across them on a school day and when the average 12 year old should be in school, in Bodymore, they are out on the skreets hustlin.
But the key is when you tell them no. They go harder than nails on you. Now Im not intimidated by a 12 yr old youngun. But like 5 or 6? They might take me down if they circled correctly.
Sometimes I sit at the lights and imagine a scenario popping off in where MarylandBear is knocking out kids left and right, possibly stabbing them too if outnumbered.

ETA- Baltimore is seriously a rough neck city and the struggles some of those folks go through must be insane. It truly is exactly like the show the Wire.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never seen it in Chicago or Chicagoland area.... we get plenty of beggars on medians either homeless or for charity.... some selling stuff at stoplights... old man sells roses at 111th and Pulaski.

I'm not a fan of the method, but I've not seen any pushy ones... if you ignore them they just keep walking down the line of cars.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Never seen it in Chicago or Chicagoland area.... we get plenty of beggars on medians either homeless or for charity.... some selling stuff at stoplights... old man sells roses at 111th and Pulaski.

I'm not a fan of the method, but I've not seen any pushy ones... if you ignore them they just keep walking down the line of cars.
You ever try to run over the flower guy? Be honest.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

You have never driven out ofMidway airport?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You have never driven out ofMidway airport?

The messed up, dusty old vage hasn't left Elgin in years. Fucking guy is clueless, he thinks throwing out random insults at everyone at CCS = trolling, he is, as always, wrong.

Everything he posts is a lie, the only time he has accidentally posted the truth was when he plagiarized an article from the Washington Post and claimed it was his own work. Let that sink in, he told the truth once when he stole it and lied about it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^Anything by him has a very bad smell to it. Can he can sink any lower?