Stan Bowman speaks "Midseason state of the team"

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is either an expert on coachspeak or a hopeless idiot. My money's on the latter......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not that I don't understand the words coming out of his mouth, its just that I'm past the point of listening to anything that isn't moving on past JC.

Any sugar coating, optimism, or explanation is pathetic and hollow until they remove the twat that never had any business getting out of the analytics room before he was 45. I don't blame JC, but he can't do this job yet. Its a fucking failed experiment and I'm open to all solutions that don't involve him being the head coach of the blackhawks anymore.

Its over. We suck. His system is an abomination. Like its getting people hurt. So fuck his feelings. Get fucked.

Peter goddamn Laviolette is available so anything out of Stan's mouth is just fart noises to me right now. He fired the greatest coach the NHL has ever seen, his guy is a chump currently, make it go away and get a hockey man in to balance your obscene and unfounded belief in your ability to plan with analytics.

God smart people can be the dumbest fucks. It gets ugly when we believe our own bullshit to this degree. I want to throw up all over these stupid cucks.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Stan doesn't have the early preseason smirk in this one and it also doesn't help his scapegoat headcoach Quennville is rocking in Florida.

He sort of looks depressed in this interview... lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Much better effort tonight

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He always looks that way.
He couldn't wipe the smirk off his face from the draft lottery until about the 1/4 mark of the season.

If they go to Canada and get 3 of 4 wins it might even be back.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He couldn't wipe the smirk off his face from the draft lottery until about the 1/4 mark of the season.

If they go to Canada and get 3 of 4 wins it might even be back.
This weekends back to back is going to be tough with a depleted lineup. The Ducks, Habs and Sens all suck, the Leafs and Jets are well balanced teams that can put major pressure on the defence and score at will. The goalies will have to be superstars this weekend if the Hawks hope to gain some points.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This weekends back to back is going to be tough with a depleted lineup. The Ducks, Habs and Sens all suck, the Leafs and Jets are well balanced teams that can put major pressure on the defence and score at will. The goalies will have to be superstars this weekend if the Hawks hope to gain some points.

Are you sure you want points? It's kind of a fine line this team is walking.....should they somehow squeeze their asses into the post season, the whole front office group will probably be back for more misadventures in team construction.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Are you sure you want points? It's kind of a fine line this team is walking.....should they somehow squeeze their asses into the post season, the whole front office group will probably be back for more misadventures in team construction.

Worst thing that could happen for the franchise at this time is to squeak into the playoffs. It's way past time to clean the FO and burn it down.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
You are right it’s a fine line, Yes I want this team to be torn down and renovated, but at the same time I believe Kane, Toews, Keith, CC and others who have given there heart and soul to this franchise deserve a better fate.
Its difficult to hide my dislike for Stan and McDo, but this is about competing and the Hawks are in the thick of it right now. Are the Hawks going to win the cup, not likely, but getting Decat, Strome, and others into the dance can certainly help on there development going forward.
I am also pretty dam sure the Blues or Stars don’t want to play a veteran team like the Hawks in the first round, getting Saadand Strome back in the lineup and having a player like Shaw in the playoffs could be a difficult out for any team.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I wouldn’t be a fan if I didn’t want this team to succeed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they go as far as they can and win every game, but at this point have to view it as "in spite of" Stan and JC.

I'm getting a little intrigued by the potential of this team. We have Kane. Kubalik found his touch in NHL and is getting the lines he should finally(why it took injuries?)...Seabrook is benched (why it took injuries?), and soon play on the ice will squeeze out Nylander (why it took injuries?), but that said Cat and Toews can still snap out of it and find their own touch...saad and strome will be back soon, they found some back end stability and have been competitive in total shots for two weeks...most importantly both goalies are in form.

The prove it time is upon us but they have earned some curiosity.

Dont let it stop us from upgrading if you can get Gallant or Laviollette.

Liked Posts:
And just like that, they are in last in the Central Division again! 12th in the West! And StanBo sits with one thumb in his mouth and the other in his ass... playing "switch."

These players (especially the vets) and this coaching staff have worked hard to improve this season and they deserve a GM who is willing to try to help improve the weaknesses in the roster, that he has help create, and has not made any attempts to fix.
I don't want to hear the "We are not going to mortgage the future, blah, blah, blah." You don't have to!!

This defensive unit that he has assembled is, and has been, among the worst, if not the worst, in the league since he decided to tear it down and rebuild it after the "Nashville Sweep." Yes, there were off season changes but significant injuries to two of the top six (arguably, I get it) before mid-season have them trying to fill in with Gilbert, Cocoa Puffs, and Boqvist. That can't be a recipe for success, even in StanBo's mind.

Cocoa Puffs is bad defensively and Gustafsson is even worse. Gilbert is a marginal NHL'er and Boqvist is literally a boy trying to play among men and is physically over-matched on most nights.

Alright, so I've laid out the obvious problem. I have to get into a meeting so I will lay out solutions later. : )

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And just like that, they are in last in the Central Division again! 12th in the West! And StanBo sits with one thumb in his mouth and the other in his ass... playing "switch."

These players (especially the vets) and this coaching staff have worked hard to improve this season and they deserve a GM who is willing to try to help improve the weaknesses in the roster, that he has help create, and has not made any attempts to fix.
I don't want to hear the "We are not going to mortgage the future, blah, blah, blah." You don't have to!!

This defensive unit that he has assembled is, and has been, among the worst, if not the worst, in the league since he decided to tear it down and rebuild it after the "Nashville Sweep." Yes, there were off season changes but significant injuries to two of the top six (arguably, I get it) before mid-season have them trying to fill in with Gilbert, Cocoa Puffs, and Boqvist. That can't be a recipe for success, even in StanBo's mind.

Cocoa Puffs is bad defensively and Gustafsson is even worse. Gilbert is a marginal NHL'er and Boqvist is literally a boy trying to play among men and is physically over-matched on most nights.

Alright, so I've laid out the obvious problem. I have to get into a meeting so I will lay out solutions later. : )
Trying to be positive, and not Greg Luganis-level positive, That's what Keith was early on. We'll see how Boqvist goes but I'm not too worried about him--except of course if Stan trades him away in the offseason for a one-dimensional forward who slacks off most nights or a retread on their last legs...

This whole post is why I take the whole, "Game(s) in hand" with a a Himalayan rock salt lamp. Games in hand only mean something if you win them--that means the team lacing them up and playing hockey for 60 minutes, not 20 minutes of hockey and 40 minutes of circle-jerking.

Liked Posts:
Yep. Not too worried about Boqvist either. The point was that he needs time to mature; like Keith did. I remember sitting in the stands in Norfolk wondering how the hell he was going to survive in the NHL.
Yawney got him into a training regime that make him stronger and quicker; and that is how he has survived all these years.

Liked Posts:
Back to trade possibilities that could bolster the D "Corpse" to make a push without overpaying for rentals.

There are very serviceable D men, that could improve this roster defensively (most anything would be an improvement) that could be acquired expensively.

Marco Scandella, Mark Pysyk, and Trevor van Riemsdyk come to mind. All three of these guys are being underutilized on their current teams and are on expiring contracts. Hell, Florida has Pysyk playing 4th line right wing. Send them an actual young right winger like Matt Highmore in exchange. Pysyk is a solid puck mover and respectable defensively that could be a big upgrade over Cocoa Puffs.
Scandella could be a top four guy on this team and is very solid defensively. Montreal only gave up a 4th round pick for him so I'm sure they would be happy to get something back. T.V.R. would also be a decent 3rd pairing addition.

Adding two defensively capable blue liners and improving by subtracting Gustafsson and Cocoa Puffs surely could improve this teams chances of success at making it to the Second Season.

While I am at it there is one other D man that I have been watching that is being underutilized that could be a solid top four upgrade for this team that might be acquired inexpensively. Colin Miller with the Buffalo Sabres hasn't been able to crack the top four or get any power play time there.
He was able to produce nice offensive numbers when given the ice time in Vegas without completely sacrificing his defensive responsibilities.
He is signed through 2022 at about a 3.9 mil. cap hit. He could be a nice replacement for Gus once he is, hopefully, traded at the dead line.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Back to trade possibilities that could bolster the D "Corpse" to make a push without overpaying for rentals.

There are very serviceable D men, that could improve this roster defensively (most anything would be an improvement) that could be acquired expensively.

Marco Scandella, Mark Pysyk, and Trevor van Riemsdyk come to mind. All three of these guys are being underutilized on their current teams and are on expiring contracts. Hell, Florida has Pysyk playing 4th line right wing. Send them an actual young right winger like Matt Highmore in exchange. Pysyk is a solid puck mover and respectable defensively that could be a big upgrade over Cocoa Puffs.
Scandella could be a top four guy on this team and is very solid defensively. Montreal only gave up a 4th round pick for him so I'm sure they would be happy to get something back. T.V.R. would also be a decent 3rd pairing addition.

Adding two defensively capable blue liners and improving by subtracting Gustafsson and Cocoa Puffs surely could improve this teams chances of success at making it to the Second Season.

While I am at it there is one other D man that I have been watching that is being underutilized that could be a solid top four upgrade for this team that might be acquired inexpensively. Colin Miller with the Buffalo Sabres hasn't been able to crack the top four or get any power play time there.
He was able to produce nice offensive numbers when given the ice time in Vegas without completely sacrificing his defensive responsibilities.
He is signed through 2022 at about a 3.9 mil. cap hit. He could be a nice replacement for Gus once he is, hopefully, traded at the dead line.
I won't disagree with your premise, but I have doubts that the coaching staff will deploy them correctly or effectively.