Steelers Blogger: Chicago Bears a potential trade partner

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...g-partners-for-steelers-wr-antonio-brown/amp/

"The Bears were a kick away from making some real noise in the playoffs this year. And they have a great young quarterback in Mitchell Trubisky. But if you want a team who is one player away from being a contender it might be the Bears and wide receiver might be the player. Chicago has an excellent tandem of running backs, and Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel are quality receivers, but neither is a No. 1 like Brown."

Lol @ this.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
no thanks.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I thought it was Windy City's job to bring us ridiculous trade ideas

greg23

Liked Posts:
Straight up color trade.... Brown for White

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We have zero to offer PITT, but why say no to Brown? I'd say yes in a heartbeat.

Like I said, pipe dream because we have no high draft picks like so many other teams will, but he is worth it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Steelers about to lose two of the best playmakers in the NFL in Bell and Brown in one offseason. That sucks

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
If we're talking about trading football cards, this could totally happen. Exciting....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...g-partners-for-steelers-wr-antonio-brown/amp/

"The Bears were a kick away from making some real noise in the playoffs this year. And they have a great young quarterback in Mitchell Trubisky. But if you want a team who is one player away from being a contender it might be the Bears and wide receiver might be the player. Chicago has an excellent tandem of running backs, and Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel are quality receivers, but neither is a No. 1 like Brown."

Lol @ this.

This is idiotic.

The Bears have no picks.
The Bears have no cap room.

I wish people would actually put some effort into their click bait garbage.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Lol @ this.

I actually think K.Hunt or a real pass catching and running threat RB like Hunt could get this team farther then A.Brown could. I mean obviously AB is an absolute beast and would be a huge help for any offense but i think we're just fine at WR and although i love J.Howard the person and player, he just doesn't fit the Nagy offense like a duel threat RB like K.Hunt can.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Steelers about to lose two of the best playmakers in the NFL in Bell and Brown in one offseason. That sucks

Yes they are but they will save a shit ton of money and still have Ju Ju and J.Conner who both aren't so bad. They ain't no AB or LB but they can ball.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If only this were the NBA and we could just trade Howard, Burton, and Miller for AB.

Then sign Kareem Hunt for the legal issue rate.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nagy's system is not completely reliant on a single play maker, can you imagine Brown here and not getting the ball thrown to him every other play? I would say that WR is possibly the best strength on the team with the best depth, poor article.....but it is USA Today.

Plus as others mentioned we have no Draft picks and no money to pay him like a #1 WR.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There literally almost no chance of this happening

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
No way in hell this happens, the writer just thought of contending teams he could help out and thats it.

Agreed that a back like Hunt could help this offense out more than Brown can due to the spread the ball philosophy we use. and a starting WR is not near the top of our list of needs, Another year in the system will help out automatically due to timing and familiarity not to mention Robinson another year removed from his ACL, Gabriel more accustomed to a full time roll, Miller healthy and his natural progression from year 2 and Javon wims same thing

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Allen Robinson is a #1 WR and was for the jaguars. A year removed from his ACL injury and hopefully he'll better this year.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Lol @ this.
Trade? for what or who?

Seems ridiculous. I see cap hits of $22m 2019 and $14m 2020. Pitt want to trade Brown for Robinson? We can talk about that.

Since we can't afford a new WR for that money (considering our important position FA holes), trading the few draft picks we have doesn't help.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If only this were the NBA and we could just trade Howard, Burton, and Miller for AB.

Then sign Kareem Hunt for the legal issue rate.

please depart your manhood and eat it. Miller is gonna be a Hall of Fame WR.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'd take Bell over Brown anyway...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk