Stock Market/Investing

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well fuck. I'm alert and on this board at 3. Time for a beer and some smoke. Going to be a long day.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well fuck. I'm alert and on this board at 3. Time for a beer and some smoke. Going to be a long day.
I have been up drinking beer at 3am plenty of times in my life. Although I can't say that I've ever woke up at 3, and started drinking beer. I look forward to your epic posts around 1pm.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Days like today make me glad I’ve been slowly building up positions on the lowest days we’ve seen so far...just in case some of the positions I’ve gotten don’t see a lower point now. Good odds the overall market hits a lower low...but, things like Starbucks(already has re opened 90% of their China stores) and Wendy’s may not see below the $50 and $7 share prices respectively again.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Days like today make me glad I’ve been slowly building up positions on the lowest days we’ve seen so far...just in case some of the positions I’ve gotten don’t see a lower point now. Good odds the overall market hits a lower low...but, things like Starbucks(already has re opened 90% of their China stores) and Wendy’s may not see below the $50 and $7 share prices respectively again.

I just wish I had more money to invest. Boeing was $95, Delta & ATT were around $25, Disney was like $80, Coke was like $35. I've been invested for a day and I'm hooked lol. Even though I don't plan on getting rid of anything I bought any time soon. Something about numbers I always seem to enjoy. My 401k has been getting fucking hammered though. Last I checked I was down 10k from my high and started losing principal. Wish I would've did a little more of a rebalance, but I'm still not completely sure what I'm looking at. Still expecting quite a wave ride.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just wish I had more money to invest. Boeing was $95, Delta & ATT were around $25, Disney was like $80, Coke was like $35. I've been invested for a day and I'm hooked lol. Even though I don't plan on getting rid of anything I bought any time soon. Something about numbers I always seem to enjoy. My 401k has been getting fucking hammered though. Last I checked I was down 10k from my high and started losing principal. Wish I would've did a little more of a rebalance, but I'm still not completely sure what I'm looking at. Still expecting quite a wave ride.

im wary of Boeing and any airlines. Never been a fan of investing in airlines to begin with, admittedly. So many better options to invest in IMO. ATT has that fat dividend. Love Disney and coke. If things dip back down lower, I’ll be looking to buy some more Disney and get a position started in coke. Also, looking to add BAC to the portfolio if things take another dip

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
im wary of Boeing and any airlines. Never been a fan of investing in airlines to begin with, admittedly. So many better options to invest in IMO. ATT has that fat dividend. Love Disney and coke. If things dip back down lower, I’ll be looking to buy some more Disney and get a position started in coke. Also, looking to add BAC to the portfolio if things take another dip

I don't have anything really taking up a huge portion. The highest percentage is 10% into Vanguard's Real Estate ETF. I added JPM and GS, so I don't really want to get too many banks, but I looked and BAC is $20. I put 20 holdings in my initial foray here, so I'll probably leave it as is for a little bit and knock off a holding here and there as time goes on and I get a better feel.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't have anything really taking up a huge portion. The highest percentage is 10% into Vanguard's Real Estate ETF. I added JPM and GS, so I don't really want to get too many banks, but I looked and BAC is $20. I put 20 holdings in my initial foray here, so I'll probably leave it as is for a little bit and knock off a holding here and there as time goes on and I get a better feel.

that’s smart to keep your holdings to under 20 for now. Depending on how much time you have to follow them, you can up it once you’re more comfortable. And definitely stay diversified...if you already have JPM and GS, then just put more $ in those two if you want to invest more in banking. you seem like you’re off to a good start...you’ve made rules for yourself

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
BA is going to go to the moon. 400 plus within 18 months.
There simply is no other Mega, commercial airliner manufacturer other than Airbus- You think Gulfstream which is a subsidiary of General Dynamics or Embraer, Bombardiar etc are gonna expand? Fuck no. Also, the Gov't is directly inside the wallet and pants of BA.
I got in BA just farting around last Friday at sub 100.00--I threw the rest of the chips in last night/this morning- It's currently up 65% since Friday. It's all time High was 440.00 and some change. THEY WILL CORRECT the 737 supermax and they will bounce. Love this play.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not familiar with this site but saw this:

I bought shares of MGM last week when it was down to like $8. Any experts in here have any advice on which companies to buy now?

I bought the vast majority of my MGM just over $6 a share. It’s been a hell of a bounce back. There’s no experts in here, but I wouldn’t be buying anything really after the massive run ups today and yesterday. Wait for another pullback in the markets, then look to buy companies with good balance sheets.

im looking for Cisco around $35
disney under $90
BAC around $18
more Starbucks if it takes a massive dip to around $55
KO under $40

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There simply is no other Mega, commercial airliner manufacturer other than Airbus- You think Gulfstream which is a subsidiary of General Dynamics or Embraer, Bombardiar etc are gonna expand? Fuck no. Also, the Gov't is directly inside the wallet and pants of BA.
I got in BA just farting around last Friday at sub 100.00--I threw the rest of the chips in last night/this morning- It's currently up 65% since Friday. It's all time High was 440.00 and some change. THEY WILL CORRECT the 737 supermax and they will bounce. Love this play.

youre not wrong in any of your reasoning. If I had gotten in around $95 I would of been happy. Just saw other things I liked more around the time BA got that cheap. I’m certainly not buying it where it’s at right now with all the uncertainties and debt load it has, though. I’m expecting a big pullback coming for BA and the airlines.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
youre not wrong in any of your reasoning. If I had gotten in around $95 I would of been happy. Just saw other things I liked more around the time BA got that cheap. I’m certainly not buying it where it’s at right now with all the uncertainties and debt load it has, though. I’m expecting a big pullback coming for BA and the airlines.
IMO it already pulled back when it went from 440.00 to 95.00
If it dips below 150.00 again,I am buying as much as I can afford.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
IMO it already pulled back when it went from 440.00 to 95.00
If it dips below 150.00 again,I am buying as much as I can afford.

bottoms are almost always re tested. So assuming $95 was the bottom, it would be an anomaly to just go straight up from that bottom with no major pullback(s) along the way

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'm a little upset I couldn't afford to buy more. I kind of expected it to hover around that for a little bit. Although, I'm sort of expecting it to come back down as well once people realize we're not opening back up on easter.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm a little upset I couldn't afford to buy more. I kind of expected it to hover around that for a little bit. Although, I'm sort of expecting it to come back down as well once people realize we're not opening back up on easter.

yeah, this 3 day run where we are up like 20% isn’t going to last IMO

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yeah, this 3 day run where we are up like 20% isn’t going to last IMO

Honestly hope not. I'd like to put more stake into Boeing and Delta, two stocks I don't intend to keep long term. Probably a couple others as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Honestly hope not. I'd like to put more stake into Boeing and Delta, two stocks I don't intend to keep long term. Probably a couple others as well.

I can almost guarantee a steep drop coming...I’ve managed to make back almost everything that was lost lol

Reactions: DC