I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I bought some of this today at $2.65. If it creeps down towards 2.00 again, I'll buy more. I don't see how I don't make a pretty penny on this.

agreed...it sounds like Russia and Saudi Arabia are close to a deal...if Russia is to be believed at all.

About to do the same. On another note, are we in a bull trap? The last couple weeks don't seem to make sense.

I would probably lean towards yes, we are. Definitely don’t blow your cash at these levels. There’s some nice bargain buys that can be found still, though...if you’re wanting to open some positions. Just don’t put everything you intend to use on said position at once.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
the gas play might of hit today. I took a really small position in UCO around $1.60. News came out today that Putin and Saudi Arabia have a deal to cut production(Russia later denied it), and oil has popped a bit now. UCO up around $2.35 now
Can someone fill me in on UCO? It's apparently not meant to be held long term. Its a daily stock or something?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can someone fill me in on UCO? It's apparently not meant to be held long term. Its a daily stock or something?

WTI crude futures with 2X exposure. It can be held long term. basically, it just tracks the cost of WTI crude barrels. With the cost of oil plummeting, some of us are thinking it will rebound some over the next few months or so...so, buy it while it’s low kinda thing.

also, side note...market up 7.7% today overall ?
and the good news is the VIX was still down today again.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
WTI crude futures with 2X exposure. It can be held long term. basically, it just tracks the cost of WTI crude barrels. With the cost of oil plummeting, some of us are thinking it will rebound some over the next few months or so...so, buy it while it’s low kinda thing.

I'm expecting a big loser tomorrow lol.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm expecting a big loser tomorrow lol.

depends what you consider big. I don’t expect it to lose all 7.7% back tomorrow by any means

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I just bought a little over 100 shares. If it doesn't work, I'm out a couple hundred bucks. Looking to sell in the 10-15 range

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bought some MGM stock over the past 2 weeks. Hoping that pays off.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I went to 50% cash at end of January cause of elections. Democrats were pushing a rich guy, a communist, and someone that belongs in a nursing home.

now I added to my ira when it hit around 19000 and didn’t wait For a larger downturn since that is a long term play. I’m keeping my 50% positions as well

so now today the markers are on way up for those still adding why? I think the markets will plummet to around 15000 the way things are going. What are you basing your decisions on? Where is this confidence in the markets coming from?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I went to 50% cash at end of January cause of elections. Democrats were pushing a rich guy, a communist, and someone that belongs in a nursing home.

now I added to my ira when it hit around 19000 and didn’t wait For a larger downturn since that is a long term play. I’m keeping my 50% positions as well

so now today the markers are on way up for those still adding why? I think the markets will plummet to around 15000 the way things are going. What are you basing your decisions on? Where is this confidence in the markets coming from?

This is what I'm trying to figure out to. I guess investors are thinking we're plateauing and will be past the virus soon. Screwing up my plan. I got in when it was just under 19000.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I'm with you. I do not think we saw the bottom. I have bought the last couple weeks, but now I wait. If it drops again, I buy, if not I'll just hold and look for some value, like I was doing before.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just bought a little over 100 shares. If it doesn't work, I'm out a couple hundred bucks. Looking to sell in the 10-15 range

im in the exact same position. 125 shares...looking for double digits to sell.

Bought some MGM stock over the past 2 weeks. Hoping that pays off.

short term be ready for it to drop. I own some, sold about half when it hit up around $14 or so. ill buy it back if/when it drops

it would not shock anyone for it to take a massive drop sometime in the next couple months or so. I bought up a decent amount of stock when it dropped around 17000. so, I’m ready with some more cash on the sides if it drops to 15000 or whatever...but, just in case I’m wrong, and it never drops to even that 17000 level again...I’ve already got some decent positions and did some nice cost down to existing positions. The only confidence I have had, have been short term confidences.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just put in an order for more UCO. I got in initially around $2.50. Lost my shorts today so buying more lol. Will be a nice return in a few months.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just put in an order for more UCO. I got in initially around $2.50. Lost my shorts today so buying more lol. Will be a nice return in a few months.

Thinking about pushing up to the 150-200 shares range myself.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Besides giving in and buying a little BA last week, I also caved and bought some ALK at about $24.40. Now it’s up near $30. Sock was trading at $70 before this. Figure they might recover their business a little quicker than others because they only service US, Mexico, and Canada. Figure domestic travel bounces back before international does. Plus, it has a really solid balance sheet

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
market looks ahead to the future. It’s already priced in massive unemployment and the stimulus package(s). The next thing that will bring this market back down will be earnings and guidance reports coming over the next week or two.
I KNOW I JUST LIKED THE JOKE.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
market looks ahead to the future. It’s already priced in massive unemployment and the stimulus package(s). The next thing that will bring this market back down will be earnings and guidance reports coming over the next week or two.

If earnings aren’t priced in yet LOL if you ask me. It’s a duh with the shutdown who was affected the most. I would say the next disaster slump will depend on what the next stimulus will be. Will it be one for the economy or political games for the election season. The other thing to look for is signs of when we start to go back to “normalcy”. Socially that won’t happen for awhile. But business stand point as the virus is kept under control can we start to get parts of the economy that have been shutdown going again in May? Will science open different doors to fighting this virus? I’m fully on board with making China pay for this but markets are in bed with China so how will our retaliation when it happens affect the market? So much shit going on to factor in I’m probably missing allot more things lol