such a sad state of affairs

mecha

Liked Posts:
I spend 8 months of every year waiting for football. you and I all know how painful the offseason is, especially here. the offseason's kind of cool in that new people get drafted, there's all the hope and shit, I guess that's ok, but it's not the same.

I know there's like this dichotomy at the site here about the "true" fans that will suffer through whatever, and the others that just gave up.

I'm here to admit now that I packed it in after the Buccaneers game. I still watch the games, but not in their entirety. I feel like it's such a genuine waste of time when my team goes out there and seemingly doesn't care about what they're doing anymore.

is there anyone else that feels the same way?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Its seems like just yesterday I couldn't wait for the season to start...and in a blink of an eye, here we are.

I packed it in Pats week, in that I had zero expectations going forward, other than for the team to be garbage.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always watch, but the expectations have dropped beyond my wildest imagination. I'm in utter shock.

Fuck this team right now.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I spend 8 months of every year waiting for football. you and I all know how painful the offseason is, especially here. the offseason's kind of cool in that new people get drafted, there's all the hope and shit, I guess that's ok, but it's not the same.

I know there's like this dichotomy at the site here about the "true" fans that will suffer through whatever, and the others that just gave up.

I'm here to admit now that I packed it in after the Buccaneers game. I still watch the games, but not in their entirety. I feel like it's such a genuine waste of time when my team goes out there and seemingly doesn't care about what they're doing anymore.

is there anyone else that feels the same way?

What really sucks is that I've hardly enjoyed any Bears games this year. The win against SF was good, and the win against Jets was pretty nice as I was lucky enough to be in the crowd that night. I guess the Falcons victory gave me some hope that the offense would turn things around, too. But that's it. The other two wins didn't do much for me.

So out of the 14 games they've played so far, I've got to enjoy a whopping 3 of them. Such a bummer.

Between them and the total collapse of my Irish at the college level, this football season has been one of the most disappointing years I've ever encountered.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I thought the Falcons game was a solid win actually. the defense played so well with the BACKUP linebackers in the game. I said from early on that Briggs, Shea, and DJ Williams need to all suck it. I don't hate any of those guys personally, I just think Briggs has been a real baby huey douchebag about the Lovie firing, Shea isn't that good at all, and DJ Williams I don't know what his deal is.

maybe the team needed a significant kick in the ass. all the drafting with 7-9 and 8-8 records doesn't do much. either all the huge players or gone or the GM starts up with reach picks like Shea.

I'm pissed with how Cutler's been playing this year, but I'm more-so off the Trestman bandwagon than anything at this point. when he can't even man up and hold a meeting from the front of the room, fuck that. introverted nerd fuck.