Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He has not proven to be as competent as the top QBs. In fact, he hasn’t proven much of anything yet. Potential may be there, but hell no he is not elite.
I believe he is a competent QB. Of course he is no Joe Montana but he did pretty good in a new system with new receivers. He made mistakes like every QB in the league does, he made some good plays as well. I think he will take a step forward this season. Not sure who said he was an elite player but he is very competent.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe he is a competent QB. Of course he is no Joe Montana but he did pretty good in a new system with new receivers. He made mistakes like every QB in the league does, he made some good plays as well. I think he will take a step forward this season. Not sure who said he was an elite player but he is very competent.

You did, if the English language is anything to go by. You said he's as competent as any QB in the league. That means you don't believe Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Mahomes are any more competent than Trubisky, which is absurd.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think the defense takes a step back because Fangio is gone; I think it steps back because they won't be as healthy for the year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why the fuck not? I see a more difficult path and fewer wins this year but unlike last year, we rise to the playoff occasion. No prisoners!

12 wins will be tough and i don't see it with our schedule but just play well against the teams in our division and hopefully win the division and we can beat anyone in the playoffs, i think/hope.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Staying at least somewhat healthy will be one of our biggest hurdles. I know we're a pretty deep team at most positions but our starters are our juice.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think the defense takes a step back because Fangio is gone; I think it steps back because they won't be as healthy for the year.
They may actually play as well but have worse #s. More aggressive does make us more susceptible to big plays and some of those picks we had last year may not get caught. I agree about the injury thing as well but we're due another lucky year after all those unlucky ones.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12 wins will be tough and i don't see it with our schedule but just play well against the teams in our division and hopefully win the division and we can beat anyone in the playoffs, i think/hope.

Again why do people care about schedule in the offseason? Playoff teams from last year plumment all the time next year. The only division that is locked down is the AFC East

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Again why do people care about schedule in the offseason? Playoff teams from last year plumment all the time next year. The only division that is locked down is the AFC East
ummmmmmmmmmmmm look who you are replying to buddy

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is the only one to hold them back. I'm optimistic that d can get them to the playoffs.
Would agree. The D is definitely the strength of the team and what makes them able to compete with top teams. The offense, mostly Mitch, will remain the big question mark.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE SUPER BOWL TRAIN NOW DON’T GET ON IT IN FEBRUARY

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears are definitely primed for their best run since the late 80s. I exclude 2006 because I think this team is better. While we could debate personnel the offensive creativity and play calling is vastly better and Trubisky has a higher ceiling than Grossman IMO. Although Trubs has made some bad throws, as all QBs do from time to time, he doesn't totally implode the way Grossman did on a regular basis. I don't know if they will reach and win the SB but I do know the level of confidence and excitement is palpable.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
While we could debate personnel the offensive creativity and play calling is vastly better and Trubisky has a higher ceiling than Grossman IMO.

Disagree with the last part.

Trubisky certainly has shown a much higher floor, but has yet to touch Rex's ceiling.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree with the last part.

Trubisky certainly has shown a much higher floor, but has yet to touch Rex's ceiling.

Trubisky has already thrown for more TDs in a season than Rex ever did, more yards in a season than Rex, has a higher completion percentage, yards per attempt, higher rating and QBR.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has already thrown for more TDs in a season than Rex ever did, more yards in a season than Rex, has a higher completion percentage, yards per attempt, higher rating and QBR.
But his deep ball is trash compared to Rex. Not h8ing, but he's not even close.